Losing Weight from funny places

Options
I have only lost about 14lbs, so not heaps, probably only a 5th of the weight I need to lose in total, however I have started to notice it gone from some funny places.

As I had an untreated hypothyroid for years I have a LOT of belly weight, that is still there, but I have really noticed places like my wrists, forearms, collarbone area, face has got smaller. Now don’t get me wrong, I now have the forearms of a person at the perfect weight, but really whilst that’s cool, that could have waited!

I know you can’t spot reduce, but I’m going to look very odd when I keep losing from everywhere except my stomach soon!

Replies

• warlocksmistress
    Options
    I have always found my stomach is the absolute LAST place I lose weight from. That and my boobs, which could afford to be little smaller. :(
  • idiocracy
    idiocracy Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    ..I lost from my fingers, my ring is loose...first time in months! I lost in my wrists and ankles too and nowhere else :))))
  • ImJDLookatME
    Options
    Unfortunately the last to go is the stomach...I also notice I lost weight from my wrists because I had to resize my watch! Good luck with your future weight lose! Keep up the good work!
  • mageepilot
    mageepilot Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Yup! Smaller watch, ring is loose, legs look pretty good now - everywhere but the stomach and upper arms... Though I do think finally my stomach might be starting to go. I'm sure it will eventually!
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    ya... my wrist is pretty much BONE now and the only place i could possibly lose more weight from is my huge tummy. but my ankles wrists and hips seem to want to waste away pretty much. tummy goes nowhere. :grumble:
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    ..I lost from my fingers, my ring is loose...first time in months! I lost in my wrists and ankles too and nowhere else :))))

I'm jealous of the fingers!

I think what it is is that there are places that your body considers fat storage zones and then there are places that are more or less overflow. Like you got SO fat that your body deposited a little everywhere but its not your body's preferred spot to store it. This more or less happened to me too, lovely wrists and I lost a bit from my face (more would be nice though) and back trimmed down quickly but my belly and upper thighs and upper arms/armpit area are still holding a LOT of fat.

Like my stomach looks ridiculously disproportionate now and when I was really heavy it wasn't particularly larger than the rest of me, but I think that area is just a spot your body thinks is good for storage.
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I always lose weight from my booty and my boobs first.
  • Mitchlou84
    Options
    I have always found my stomach is the absolute LAST place I lose weight from. That and my boobs, which could afford to be little smaller. :(

My boobs could afford to be a LOT smaller at a 38gg!! Don't think they'll ever go though!
  • Mitchlou84
    Options

I'm jealous of the fingers!

I think what it is is that there are places that your body considers fat storage zones and then there are places that are more or less overflow. Like you got SO fat that your body deposited a little everywhere but its not your body's preferred spot to store it. This more or less happened to me too, lovely wrists and I lost a bit from my face (more would be nice though) and back trimmed down quickly but my belly and upper thighs and upper arms/armpit area are still holding a LOT of fat.

Like my stomach looks ridiculously disproportionate now and when I was really heavy it wasn't particularly larger than the rest of me, but I think that area is just a spot your body thinks is good for storage.

This makes sense I guess! I know what you mean as my legs and bum are looking quite good as I'm exercising HEAPS, just have this enormous belly!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Just wait... you will be buying new shoes soon! :noway:
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Years ago I spoke with a trainer who told me that if you are losing weight the healthy way, then most people lose it from the top down and bottom up. The midsection will be the last place to go. I find it true for myself at least.
  • cervenec
    Options
    Years ago I spoke with a trainer who told me that if you are losing weight the healthy way, then most people lose it from the top down and bottom up. The midsection will be the last place to go. I find it true for myself at least.

I've found this true for my boyfriend and I as well. A lot of my body hasn't changed, but my face/shoulders/arms are looking thinner.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I have lost it from fingers! My Aggie ring fits my ring finger again. I am losing it from my breasts as well, thank every deity. But I'm going to look weird if they go before the belly! :laugh:
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I am almost at goal weight but still have belly fat - my skinny little wrists don't make me feel better about it LOL!
  • rosie38c
    rosie38c Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    :) I know exactly what you mean, I've lost it from my back(which is a good thing) my boobs (not such a good thing) my hips and my fingers... but my tummy hasn't yet given up anything... well if I'm honest I started with three tummies as I look down standing on the scales and now I have one and a half, but for a full view of my feet I think I'll be waiting until Christmas :):ohwell:
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I skimmed the responses, so if it was already brought up...my bad :)

Losing belly weight is 80% food and 20% exercise. So be sure you are making the best choices when it comes to food...eating as clean and as healthfully as possible is the best.

GL!! :D
  • robinso5
    robinso5 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    well i think its kind of to each its own! i havent lost from my fingsers as my ring still fits the same ! but my boobs (which i need all i had and more) and my neck, and my belly have all downsized! my butt is losing something cause my hubby says its all muscular where is used to be wiggly! my thighs havent shrank(sp) that much but they are slimming! i put on a pair of Old Navy pants that i purchased last year that were tight in the thighs this morning and lo and behold they pulled right up and i had to put a belt on teh waist part! now hey nope i am not trimmed slimmed and fine yet but i am working on! my butt to hip ratio is not something i envy as my waist is currently a 37.5 and my hips are currently 48.5. now my breast are a 38B religously! they go up and down but teh cup size never changes! i can say that my new sports bras are a 36 but that to me is nothing because i WANT THE BOOBS to stay! my hubby is a butt and leg man! all of me it toned which is why i think its harder for me to lose weigh versus inches! i am 5'11 and my son who is 6'3 told me this morning hey ma you are BIG! i asked what he meant and he said I would be scared of you, you are too tall for a woman!
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I skimmed the responses, so if it was already brought up...my bad :)

Losing belly weight is 80% food and 20% exercise. So be sure you are making the best choices when it comes to food...eating as clean and as healthfully as possible is the best.

GL!! :D

I am working on that! (says the woman who just ate a noodle bowl, yikes!)
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I am almost at goal weight but still have belly fat - my skinny little wrists don't make me feel better about it LOL!

me too! I feel like I will only have a flat stomach at 110lbs! Good grief!
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options

me too! I feel like I will only have a flat stomach at 110lbs! Good grief!