my 63 day/ nine week challenge to lose 14 pounds (a stone)

Options
I just finished the first 3 days and I have 60 left, I am so proud of myself because for the past 3 months I have not been able to go a day without bingeing and eating 5000 plus calories.

I dont want to weigh myself too much because I know how much weight can fluctuate and in the past I have let one or three piunds determine how I feel

Replies

• sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    A lot of people here weigh daily to track the fluctuations but I get a little obsessive so I'm committed to weighing and logging my weight weekly, for my sanity. I've even done monthly in the past and it was nice to see a big loss. Good luck however you decide to do it!
  • hilla1996
    hilla1996 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    A lot of people here weigh daily to track the fluctuations but I get a little obsessive so I'm committed to weighing and logging my weight weekly, for my sanity. I've even done monthly in the past and it was nice to see a big loss. Good luck however you decide to do it!

I definitely have an issue with overusing the scale, I would weigh in the morning and then after i eat breakfast and then after a long run and honestly it can fluctuate between 5 or 7 pounds so....it drives me crazy

I am really trying to stop

I cant believe there are people who go more than 3 days without knowing of they have gained or lost weight
  • davemcv6730
    davemcv6730 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I started my journey on 27 Aug and didn’t weigh myself for the first 3 weeks (lost 13 lbs).

Then I switched to a weekly weigh-in for the next 3 weeks (total loss 7.2 lbs).

I was happy to continue with the weekly weigh-ins as I thought the idea of ‘scale watching’ would drive me nuts. Also I was worried that minor weight fluctuations would demotivate me.

But after speaking to a friend who has done really well over the space of a year and joining MFA on 8 October and seeng how others track weight daily I decided to give it a go. (weekly loss 3.5 lbs).

Good luck to the OP (and all) whichever route you choose!!
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Everyone on your other thread already told you that's way too fast to try to lose 14lbs at your current weight.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Everyone on your other thread already told you that's way too fast to try to lose 14lbs at your current weight.

^^
    This! It isn’t a realistic goal and you risk giving up when you don’t get the results you want. You didn’t gain 14 lbs in 9 weeks, so not sure why you MUST attempt to LOSE 14 lbs in 9 weeks. At your current weight, .5 lbs a week is a realistic goal or 4.5 lbs in 9 weeks
  • hilla1996
    hilla1996 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Dogmom1978 wrote: »

^^
    This! It isn’t a realistic goal and you risk giving up when you don’t get the results you want. You didn’t gain 14 lbs in 9 weeks, so not sure why you MUST attempt to LOSE 14 lbs in 9 weeks. At your current weight, .5 lbs a week is a realistic goal or 4.5 lbs in 9 weeks

its very possible to gain 14 pounds in 9 weeks.....just saying

and I have my goals and I am motivated

• Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    hilla1996 wrote: »
    Dogmom1978 wrote: »

^^

its very possible to gain 14 pounds in 9 weeks.....just saying

and I have my goals and I am motivated

You can’t do it without eating WELL BELOW 1200 calories which is unhealthy. So you want to say “screw it” to being healthy and then say “yes to starving myself”??? You need professional help...

The mods also need to shut this thread down as it promotes anorexic behavior (eating at a low enough calorie point to cause long term NEGATIVE effects).

You also can’t gain 14 lbs of fat in 9 weeks. If you gained 14 lbs in 9 weeks, at least half of that was water weight and not fat. Please educate yourself.