Photo Challenge! You decide what the next person has to post a pic of!

Options

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    JessBbody wrote: »
    @MaltedTea Your input on the camera was greatly appreciated and duly noted. It is, in fact, costing me emotionally every day that I don't have it in my hot little hands. However, mom's words of wisdom trumped even your sage advice. She pointed out that black Friday is just around the corner and that the price might dip back to the all-time low of $499. A mere five more weeks of suffering is a drop in the bucket. I've hankered after a fancy camera for an eternity. My friends will tell you I am a champion at withstanding delayed gratification.

I don't have prime. A further testament to my cheapery.

I'm happy for you in advance. And, a mother's words to her child should generally trump someone else's!
  • JessBbody
    JessBbody Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Yoshiboobs wrote: »
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    @JessBbody Sis, how dare you make my heart skip a beat prematurely. I thought you were gonna say you already got the camera lol You may want to peek in on Amazon Prime Days (middle of next week) too.

@brustmannzwei The lawn of your new place begs for an epic grass rolling GIF with your missus! And I hope you get to your blanket soon enough.

@tams_89 Love your blanket too. Our rooms have a similar vibe when it comes to colorway and bed placement. Headboards by the window always!

And now I'm cheating because I have no pic so...

NEXT: something you love and have saved up for.

04u23l11emta.jpeg

Lol this is my camera that I saved up for

Post your favorite nic-nac

Now you're just torturing me.

• ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Yoshiboobs wrote: »
    @JessBbody Sis, how dare you make my heart skip a beat prematurely. I thought you were gonna say you already got the camera lol You may want to peek in on Amazon Prime Days (middle of next week) too.

@brustmannzwei The lawn of your new place begs for an epic grass rolling GIF with your missus! And I hope you get to your blanket soon enough.

@tams_89 Love your blanket too. Our rooms have a similar vibe when it comes to colorway and bed placement. Headboards by the window always!

And now I'm cheating because I have no pic so...

NEXT: something you love and have saved up for.

04u23l11emta.jpeg

Lol this is my camera that I saved up for

Post your favorite nic-nac

xh65andqj1ki.jpeg

present from my kids^

get up and walk two steps forward, face south, then take a pic of whatever is 3-5 feet to the left
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,423 Member
    Options
    I’m directionally challenged so I had to use my compass to find south. 😂

07vjwrbbayeu.jpeg

Next up...picture of your watch and if you don’t wear one, your cellphone lock screen.

• amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    m19o6kqeu423.jpeg
    Garmin..

Your favourite coffee mug.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,038 Member
    Options
    l9dlke9l293d.jpeg
    I cant choose! One was a gift from someone at the gym the other from a little trip I took. My first solo one. Almost exactly a year ago.

Post a pic of something in your house you’d never ever get rid of. (Non-animal/non-human)
  • JessBbody
    JessBbody Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I don't have slippers, but I wear flip flops around the house. I refuse to post a photo because they are dirty, beat up, and holey.

They are the same model as the photo below. The under Armour Marbella. Except the straps are neon orange and the padding is navy. I've been thinking about buying the newer model below as a replacement. They are the best flip flops I have ever worn.

622girnyr70v.jpeg

Next, a pic of your favorite shoes.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    JessBbody wrote: »
    I don't have slippers, but I wear flip flops around the house. I refuse to post a photo because they are dirty, beat up, and holey.

They are the same model as the photo below. The under Armour Marbella. Except the straps are neon orange and the padding is navy. I've been thinking about buying the newer model below as a replacement. They are the best flip flops I have ever worn.

622girnyr70v.jpeg

Next, a pic of your favorite shoes.

red_wing_8111_iron_ranger_amber_harness_1511516980_7e8000f4.jpg

next: favorite sofa or easy chair
  • MaltedTea
    edited October 2020
    Options
    The view from my bed right now...

o4snc16xri9m.jpg

FYI, I'm actively looking for local (Canadian), cultural (BIPOC) and/or women-created art to hang behind this chair. OMG, if it's all three in one fairly large piece, I'd flip!! I'm open to any suggestions as long as it does NOT include images of people, faces, animals or geographical locations. And, I'm also open to originals as well as repros. So far, I like this 18"x24" one from Catharine Lavoie.

NEXT: Snap a photo of the last object you measured (with a ruler, tape, scale, etc)
  • brustmannzwei
    brustmannzwei Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options

o4snc16xri9m.jpg

FYI, I'm actively looking for local (Canadian), cultural (BIPOC) and/or women-created art to hang behind this chair. OMG, if it's all three in one fairly large piece, I'd flip!! I'm open to any suggestions as long as it does NOT include images of people, faces, animals or geographical locations. And, I'm also open to originals as well as repros. So far, I like this 18"x24" one from Catharine Lavoie.

NEXT: Snap a photo of the last object you measured (with a ruler, tape, scale, etc)

With a laser for a new light, window cover, flooring, stairway runner, etc.

410ogyyxun29.jpeg

Snap a pic of your favorite spot to go when you spend an afternoon or evening unwinding.
  • Cat0703a
    Options

Have you considered Marcelle Ferron or Emily Carr? There are some great indigenous artists here on the west coast but they tend to have animals so I’m guessing they are out. Beautiful space, @MaltedTea.

• Cat0703a
    Options
    9r3fmlvtdyn3.jpeg

Next up, your morning beverage.
  • Muffin_top88
    Muffin_top88 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    buijongk42ir.jpg
    Today’s workout 🏋🏽‍♂️
  • MaltedTea
    Options
    Cat0703a wrote: »

Have you considered Marcelle Ferron or Emily Carr? There are some great indigenous artists here on the west coast but they tend to have animals so I’m guessing they are out. Beautiful space, @MaltedTea.

Oh, I never heard of Ferron before. Plus, she was from Quebec too! 😍 For Group Of Seven artists, I automatically think landscape/geographical stuff. I'll focus specifically on Carr and see if I like something. Thank you!
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Cat0703a wrote: »

Oh, I never heard of Ferron before. Plus, she was from Quebec too! 😍 For Group Of Seven artists, I automatically think landscape/geographical stuff. I'll focus specifically on Carr and see if I like something. Thank you!

@MaltedTea I don't know anything about Canadian art, but your post inspired me to search online for Canadian indigenous artists while wide awake in bed from 3-5 a.m. I think these are pretty established artists whose works are pricey, but I liked a couple of pieces by Jordan Bennett https://www.jordanbennett.ca/paintinginexhibit and I LOVE Jane Ash Poitras http://www.artnet.com/artists/jane-ash-poitras/

(Though many of the Poitras pieces I like do include people and places)

http://www.spiritwrestler.com/catalog/index.php?artists_id=58

I found a lot of other great art by indigenous artists through this search. Thank you!

9qcitr7bcew6.png

Jane Ash Poitras
    Spirit Dancing Sky, 1993

--

https://www.jordanbennett.ca/2tmqu1mnvj72flq29em7metj4x54sw

syyeoanvlqzn.png

^Jordan Bennett
  • MaltedTea
    Options
    @aChuisle_moChroi Oh my, I hope you ended up sleeping properly.

These are wonderful finds though; thank YOU!! The Poitras one is too red for me but her style is right up my alley.

Art truly is life.
  • MaltedTea
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    @MaltedTea

... just have this printed and framed:

tuxsx8od2fkh.jpg

I may just 😂
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    Post a photo of something you inherited.