I no longer need to lose over a hundred pounds

13»

Replies

• starfruit132
    starfruit132 Posts: 291 Member
    Congratulations on your big success - that is such an accomplishment. Stay strong one day at a time.
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    I have less than 5 pounds to go before I can say the same.

Go @HeidiCooksSupper!

• Gracegen14
    Gracegen14 Posts: 2 Member
    Well done you! Best thing I ever did was lose 105 lbs so keep believing in you! It is great to see that you acknowledge a slowing but keep moving past it - that is the way forward! Amazing!
  • persimmonious
    persimmonious Posts: 2 Member
    Wow! Well done!
  • HildieMe
    HildieMe Posts: 41 Member
    Congratulations! What an incredible accomplishment. I'm so happy you started at such a young age... Keep going, Sweetie, never give up, you have come so far already! <3
  • Steelkid
    Steelkid Posts: 74 Member
    Fields good to say that. I have only 90 to go myself. No longer 400 lbs.
  • 5FitFierce
    5FitFierce Posts: 14 Member
    AMAZING JOB! I love it, please keep updating us with your progress!
  • stephnstars
    stephnstars Posts: 47 Member
    Cadencec1 wrote: »
    Maybe a weird way to think about it, but it's the first time in a while for me that I have needed to lose less than a hundred pounds to get to my "ultimate goal weight". This year has been incredible for my weight loss. I didn't believe that I could do it or that I could keep doing it. I've lost almost 50 pounds before, but I've never kept going like this. I've hit a bit of a slow point (partly some bad choices, partly natural weight cycle) but I am still tracking, still going to the gym, and still ready to keep doing what it takes to lose weight.

Highest Weight: 333 pounds
    Starting Weight (1/1/2020): 310 pounds
    Current Weight (10/5/2020): 240 pounds
    Goal Weight: Less than 180
    Ultimate goal weight: 155 pounds
    1c3i9viqkbpj.jpg
    tvedh0zwfjrg.jpg
    vq86ulxj2vkl.jpg
    6mbld30fszpt.jpg
    zowjyeipw27c.jpg

Yaaaaas girl you look amazing!!!!
  • theresapeasa
    theresapeasa Posts: 5 Member
    Congratulations!! You look amazing and so inspiring to others, like me, in the same boat!
  • Ghenry1892
    Ghenry1892 Posts: 5 Member
    Wow, well done on all the hard work so far, and congratulations you look fantastic.
  • PennycillinEQ
    PennycillinEQ Posts: 26 Member
    High 5
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 949 Member
    Thank you for posting this. You are very inspiring, amazing and beautiful.
  • AnninTX
    AnninTX Posts: 6 Member
    I hope this is the way to respond to your post about having less to go than you have already accomplished. You spoke to my heart. I've been on MFP a long time and you are the 1st person I've ever sent a friend request. Please keep sharing and caring for your well-being. You are touching lives and changing yours more than you can imagine. 💜
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Awesome! Be very very proud! <3
  • debbiex65
    debbiex65 Posts: 3 Member
    You look amazing!! What an accomplishment.
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    So inspired by you and your journey! Keep up this fantastic work!
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited October 2020
    HOLY COOKIES!!! THIS IS SO AWESOME!!!! SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!

I'm the same height but my lifetime high was 264 lbs, now down to 212 lbs, and I'm in my 50's. Trying to not obsess too much to keep my program sustainable, so its about 42 lbs in a year. Also I don't want to lose weight too quickly at my age because I worry about skin elasticity and winding up looking like "Fat B*stard" at the end of the Austin Powers comedy series after he lost 200+ lbs.

But I was hovering around 240 for a couple of (non-dieting) years before the spike to 260, so I totally 'get' where you are now in terms of body weight and proportion. That's where I was...I think around the start of the pandemic lockdowns. Getting to where I am now is totally do-able from where you are now.

I find one of my biggest problems sustaining effort this long doing a slow-loss-rate is logging-fatigue. Sometimes I have to take a couple of weeks to a month off and just "wing it" instead of weighing and logging everything. It's not a month of cheat days in the sense of profligate eating, it's just a break from the constant measurement and recording. So if you start to develop logging fatigue this is a way to deal with it that you can try to see if it works for you too.

Luckily I have a scale that uploads to the web automatically so it's easy to keep weighing and become more disciplined again if my weight creeps up during the 'break'.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Steelkid wrote: »
    Fields good to say that. I have only 90 to go myself. No longer 400 lbs.

WHOA! :gobsmacked:
  • theyoyoer
    theyoyoer Posts: 15 Member
    Well done you!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!