Any transformations using light weights?

Hello, I was wondering does anyone have any transformations using light weights only? I'm starting off a journey with light weights. I'm looking for people that do light weights and really high rep ranges such as 10-20 reps. Post results please.

Replies

• ashbuddy23
    ashbuddy23 Posts: 1 Member
    I do lightweights with 30 reps with 4.4 kg in each arm
  • Philliesfan21
    Philliesfan21 Posts: 31 Member
    5FitFierce wrote: »
    Hey there! I was never a heavy lifter but I did do light weights and healthy eating for my own journey. Cheers to yours!

Love the dress. Where'd you get it? If you don't mind me asking. Way to go on your weight loss.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    It depends on what kind of transformation you are looking for.

If you are looking for overall weight loss and fitness then light weights can play their part along with a calorie deficit.

If you are looking to see muscle gain then light weights won't give you that, you would need to have a progressively heavy lifting programme a calorie surplus and a lot of dedication.
  • elfin168
    elfin168 Posts: 202 Member
    if you are doing light weights and high reps once your body has adjusted to the weight and it is not challenged, you are effectively doing cardio.
  • CallMeRuPaul
    CallMeRuPaul Posts: 151 Member
    as an endurance athlete and triathlete, i don't use any weights. i was doing a lot of air squats, lunges, pushups, etc. i wanted to lose about 10 pounds in hopes that i'd perform better on the bike and run. i like to eat, though so i've given up on losing the 10 pounds. i plan on incorporating light weights into my routine.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    You mght like something like piyo(bodyweight) or the firm workouts(mostly lighter weights) or even Jillian Michaels.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    You mght like something like piyo(bodyweight) or the firm workouts(mostly lighter weights) or even Jillian Michaels.

I loved JM's 30 Day Shred. It was light weights with many reps, yet I also saw amazing progress!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,953 Member
    In general, things that challenge your body create progress in ways that adapt to that challenge. As the adaptation occurs, our ability to do the thing improves, and change in some aspect of the routine becomes necessary, in order to keep a challenge in the picture. No challenge, no progress.

At a point in my life, I added muscle and reduced my size at the same body weight - VERY slowly - by doing an ultra high rep activity with relatively light resistance, and with a built-in method of progressing the challenge. But not like 20 reps . . . more like 1000 reps an hour, often for an hour or more at a time, multiple days a week. Not a very time-efficient approach to recomp.

The idea that lifting heavy is the ONLY way to increase muscle mass or strength is wrong. Is it the most time-efficient way, in terms of both workout length and calendar time? Yup.

Doing the same light weights at the same reps/sets will only provide progress for a limited time. Gotta change something, to keep a challenge, or progress stops.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!