Unclean Eating Club?

Options

Replies

• jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    lots of times my meals consist of these small easy foods... for lunch today i had a whole can of tuna drained and slapped down on a plate... 1/2 cup of cottage cheese beside it (they tast yummy together) 6 cherry tomatoes, and a banana...

Yesterday for dinner i had 2 hard boiled eggs a yogurt and a fruitcup with manderine oranges.... and i was still hungry so i had a jos louis 100 cal pack thingy
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    lots of times my meals consist of these small easy foods...

that's what i do. that's why i gave the long list--b/c i just take a few and combine for quick meals or snacks.
    like jackeh--my lunch was simple--2 scrambled eggs, 1/4 cup raisins, 6 regular triscuits
    small, fast
    and that's why i do pnut butt and jelly often, and it's portable.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Did you all look in my cabinet and fridgerator :wink: ....looking for spy cam....

I am an unclean convenience eater too
  • jtintx
    jtintx Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Wow, this has been great. My list of things is growing. I never really thought of putting a bunch of "snack" stuff together on a plate and call it dinner. Keep the ideas coming. I'm writing down a list. Your ideas will add some variety to my diet and hopefully make it easier to stick with this. Thanks!
  • Kimono
    Kimono Posts: 367
    Options
    Here is my easy salad, I just made it up.

Grilled Chicken in the Forman with Mrs Dash Extra Spicey
    Shredded Lettuce
    Shredded fat free cheese
    Salsa instead of dressing
    2 Grilled pineapple rings
    Chop everything up and that is my salad, I use alot of lettuce so it is a big plate full.
    I am sure you could add hard boiled eggs, carrots and other veggies.
    This is gourmet for me.
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    i use mott's natural applesauce a lot too--for the fruit portion of my dinner, or to mix cereal and fruit into w/some cheese on the side
    this thread has been helpful to me, too. :happy:
  • MegganLupi
    Options
    Grilled Chicken with some broccilli over rice. Or a small stir fry with low sodium soy sauce ( and don't use too much) with beef or chicken and a bit of frozen veggies.
  • mgullette
    mgullette Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Unclean eating club.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: It has a funny ring to it.

Do you like stir-fry at all? I do this a lot...You can buy huge bags of flash-frozen vegetables for pretty cheap prices. Dump some in a wok or large non-stick pan with (I use water, but if you want you can use a small amount of oil) and stir around for a few minutes. Then you can either use fresh sliced chicken breast or lean beef (like sirloin), OR I think that Tyson (you'll have to double check) makes those pre-cooked sliced chicken breast strips or beef strips that you could throw in there. Quick, easy, not necessarily TOO unclean. You can even find your own sauces in the ethnic aisle, or just put some lemongrass water or soy sauce over it (too salty for me, but it works).

M
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I applaud your honesty!!

Hubby makes me salsa chicken every once in a while - SO easy, and SO GOOD!! He might make his a little differently - I'm sure he'd send you the recipe if you'd like. Pretty much opening a few jars, squirting a little bit of this n' that, and baking. Easy and delicious!
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    100 calorie packs, microwave popcorn. I can not find laughing cow cheese, I want to try it.

Laughing Cow is AWESOME. I get it at Safeway. :bigsmile:
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I eat Grilled Southwest Salads from McDonalds all the time. They're only 320 calories but they've got 9 grams of fat...

I had Stouffers Chicken Teriyaki tonight. Half a package (which is made for two) is only 310 calories and 5 grams of fat. Plus it's DELICIOUS. lol.

Another thing that works great for me is Taco Bell's Zesty Chicken Border Bowl. As long as you make sure to order it FRESCO, it's just 350 calories, 8 grams of fat, and I am very full once i finish eating it. :)

I am the queen of the lazy so anything quick, easy, and right out of the package is right up my alley. Lol.
  • RKJR925
    RKJR925 Posts: 254
    Options
    those are all good ideas for snacks but what about meals? I don't mind opening a bag, box or can and heating it in the microwave. But those little 10oz meals aren't going to cut it for me. I'll bake some fish now and then and even cook some rice. But that's about it. What else is SIMPLE to make....like 3 ingredients or less and doesn't take more than 10 or 15 minutes to cook.

3 egg omlette
    takes 6 minutes too crack stir and cook
    add veggies, cheese, deli meat, or if we go out to eat i will save some of my chicken of beef to add in the omlette the next day
  • xtina11179
    xtina11179 Posts: 352
    Options
    My favorite lunch lately has been a can of tuna (about 100 cals), add in some dill relish (0 cals), a tablespoon of Hellman's Canola Mayo (45 cals) and some garlic powder. Scoop it on to Special K Multi-Grain crackers (90 cals) and you're good to go!! A delicious 235 calorie lunch and very filling!!
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    My favorite lunch lately has been a can of tuna (about 100 cals), add in some dill relish (0 cals), a tablespoon of Hellman's Canola Mayo (45 cals) and some garlic powder. Scoop it on to Special K Multi-Grain crackers (90 cals) and you're good to go!! A delicious 235 calorie lunch and very filling!!

Mmm, I do that, too! I'll have to try putting a dash of garlic in it - sounds like it may give it a nice little zing.
  • mmackie
    mmackie Posts: 93
    Options
    I would go to Costco and pick up some chicken breasts and some sort of fish fillet (salmon, tilapia). They come singularly packaged and super easy to put into a pan. Also, get a George Foreman grill. It was the best wedding gift I got (I don't like cooking either). I also love sweet potatoes. In my grocery store (Vons) they come srink wrapped and all you have to do is stick them in the microwave. Its super easy. yogurt, trader joes reduced fat salads are great, raw nuts, protien bars and fruit.

Hope this helps!:bigsmile:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    100 calorie packs, microwave popcorn. I can not find laughing cow cheese, I want to try it.

Laughing Cow is AWESOME. I get it at Safeway. :bigsmile:

i get it at safeway too. they have it in the cases near the deli with the other fancy cheeses. you know- the flavored cheese balls, the tiny packages of extremely expensive exotic cheeses-that section.

the garlic/herb lowfat ones are delish! and super good used as a sandwich spread instead of mayo-
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    low fat pita, toasted, top with Newman's Own marinara, low fat cheese, tomatoes, green pepper - whatever veggies you want, or deli meats - put in oven on 350 til cheese melts - GREAT pizza - healthy, low cal

I buy Louis Rich heat and eat meats in the meat section - their roast and meatloaf are good. Also, Lloyd's BBQ shredded chicken is delish on whole wheat bun. Buy all your breads whole wheat -

Also, several Banquet frozen dinners are equal or less calories than a lot of the diet meals and half the price - sodium not so great, but just cut it back in other areas

I love, love, love steamer veggies in the frozen section and the frozen roasted potatos - I think the brand is Azteca?

my thoughts.....:flowerforyou:
  • clairegl
    clairegl Posts: 82
    Options
    I don't know if this is too much for you but Whole Foods has great pre-cut veggies. I buy zucchini and some organic tomato paste, part skim mozzarella and sprouted grain torillas. Throw that all together and bake for 20-30 minutes and it's only 350 calories and 7 grams of fiber and a whopping 25 grams of protein. It's yummy! Also, at WF they make some frozen burritos bean, cheese and rice for 310 cals and they have some other frozen dinners that are low cal but healthy. If you don't have a WF these things are sold at other places too.
    Great thread btw, I'm a bit lazy as I'm so damn busy.
    Claire
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    How about incorporating some easy prep, cleanish foods? Like already prepared salads (bagged salads). There is a product called broccoli woky that you toss in the microwave and steam in the bag. Don't even have to open it a little bit. The roasted chickens that are available in the gourmet, or deli section of most grocery stores, and sometimes you can buy turkey breast cooked this way, or pork loin or (here we are stretching it) ribs! Usually you can ask for them w/o BBQ sauce. Anymore, there are usually quick prep or meal solutions, etc in the grocery stores. You will spend a little more, but I guess you pay for the convienence.
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    :drinker: Has anyone tried Burger Kings Veggie Burgers? they're great any only about 300 calories!!