I cant stop eating!!!!!

Options
I can not stop eating!!! what can I substute for eating??

Replies

• cazzincali
    cazzincali Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    exercise?!
  • Wyoruby
    Wyoruby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    drink some water!!!
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Not eating?
  • oxlypglozzxo
    Options
    Not eating?

ROFL! PUT DOWN THE FORK!
    I'm only kidding. Try going for a walk, chew some gum. If you're getting all of your protein and fiber and water, you shouldnt be THAT hungry. Bad habits die hard though, so if it's a binge eating thing you're talking about, I believe a counselor is needed.
  • rbloedow
    rbloedow Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Find something else in your life to bring you happiness.
  • JJs25th
    JJs25th Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I chew gum..lots of gum! sugarless...
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Things that help me - sugarless chewing gum, black coffee, water and my favorite - eating crushed ice. I like the crushed ice plain but you could add a low calorie juice or drink and make it like a snow cone.
  • Immskaren
    Options
    drink hot tea (I have many different flavors) this keeps my hands busy and distracts me from eating
  • riannenrings
    riannenrings Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    GUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gum will save you every time.
  • JulieBoBoo
    Options
    go for a walk, take a long bath, go to the park with a book, go for a bike ride, call a friend on the phone, if all else fails lock yourself in the bathroom or have sex with your S.O.
  • Alycra
    Alycra Posts: 88 Member
    Options

Sometimes we just get in the habit of eating. You might try "grazing" throughout the day instead of meals. Gum or hard candy actually are good too.

If it is being used as an activity while you are watching TV or similar, you might try picking a craft or hobby that will occupy your hands while you break the cycle. (I used to write letters during this time to keep my hands and mind busy).

I agree if you think you are more binge cycling, you may want to talk with your doctor about someone to help you out.

Good Luck! I know it can be difficult.
  • Coltsman4ever
    Coltsman4ever Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I'm also on the gum bandwagon. It works great!
    Or brush your teeth. Toothpaste makes food taste like crap and takes your mind off it.
  • tsumpter
    Options
    I'm currently in 3 different health/fitness challenges on here. Needless to say with work, kids and meeting the challenges by the time it is time to eat. I don't have enough energy to eat. My problem this week is meeting the 1200 calorie mark. Which is just as bad as over eating for me.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options

Nothing, why would you want to!? You can get control of What you choose to eat and how it is prepared. Food is MEDICINE, the RIGHT type and amount HEALS and CURES...The WRONG amt and type Cripples and Kills. ANY Doctor will tell you that the difference in a Medicine healing or killing is the DOSAGE!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Not eating?

+1
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Not eating?
    +1
    +2
  • blonde20fan
    blonde20fan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Read a book, knit a pair of mittens, paint a picture, clean you house, exercise, walk the dog, walk the mall, call a friend, organize your closet..... The things are endless. I will sometimes brush my teeth and drink a glass of water and take the dog out for a walk. That takes my mind off of food.
  • charlottebronte
    Options
    Stay out of the kitchen....and don't take food into any other room.
  • tbudge
    tbudge Posts: 114
    Options
    I agree with what a lot of people said, GUM!!! I also find that when I'm at work, or just busy doing any type of project, I don't want to eat. But it's when I'm idle, like watching TV that I want to eat. I suggest going for a walk, or walk around a mall...anything to get you moving.
  • MissDoubleM
    Options
    I know how you feel. I have found that boredom is the dieter's worst enemy. Try to keep yourself busy by doing things that you find fun and exciting!