Men: First year playing fantasy football

Options
Iamfit4life
Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
how effed up is my team going to be if I set it to auto draft?

Replies

• richiedbond
    Options
    If you pre-rank you should be fine. Otherwise 50 - 50 chance on a total crap team...
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I have used auto draft for several years with no problems.
    Just look at a players performance week by week and cut/add as needed.

Watch for available players that could have a big game...a RB going against a team with a terrible run defense.
    Grab them as seconds to your main player in a given position.
  • melissa0001
    melissa0001 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I am offended! this is my 3rd year playing fantasy footbal! why assume only men do?

I am teasing, just so you know!
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    IMO drafting your team is the best part of fantasy football!
  • shander7
    shander7 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    My first year too! I didn't know there was an autodraft option!! How many players do you draft and how many of each postion?? Help!!
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    I am offended! this is my 3rd year playing fantasy footbal! why assume only men do?

I am teasing, just so you know!

well then high five, you rock! :)
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    IMO drafting your team is the best part of fantasy football!

This^^

Plus, auto drafting doesn't account for your league specific setting. drafting your own team is the way to go.
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    My first year too! I didn't know there was an autodraft option!! How many players do you draft and how many of each postion?? Help!!

It depends on your league settings.

I play in 2 paid leagues every year. And in one league we 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. In my other league we do 1QB, 2 RB, 2, WR, 1 WR or RB, 1 TE, 1 DEF. Those two are most common. But there was leagues that have a bunch of crazy different setups. Some leagues have PPR (points per reception) Others have you draft actually def players.. Ask you league commish what the rules and scoring system is.
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I never autodraft, but that's just my personality. I like to be prepared for the season ahead and it makes it much more fun playing competitively. I don't think auto drafting is a loss, but just watch for opportunities to make good trades or pick up players for any position you got stuck with a bad choice.

Good luck to all playing in your respective leagues! :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,707 Member
    Options
    Plus auto draft will take the best player available and may not fill your specific spots.

Drafting your team is fun and you get to really use your own strategy on how you think your team should be built. Last year I went with back to back WRs (Calvin Johnson and Roddy White) and still had Ahmad Bradshaw drop to me. I also got LT and Orton in late rounds.