Need friends who are active on MFP

Options
Hey all, I am currently 3 months into being back at the "getting healthy" journey that I have started and given up on many times in the past several years.

I am looking for others who use my fitness pal regularly and are interested in helping to support and motivate each other.

A bit of background about me, I am a single mom in my 30s, work in retail management, and have struggled with weight my whole life. Currently I am in the 200+ club, but I am down 27lbs since July and 40lbs down from my highest weight ever back in 2013. For right now I am just counting calories, making some conscious swaps for healthier options, and walking. I do not limit myself from anything, as long as it fits into my calorie budget. Special diets or cutting out carbs or other specific things does not work for me. So, I am sticking to the slow and steady but effective method of monitoring calories.

I still have a very long way to go, but welcome any support from others who are in the same boat. Positive feedback/comments really help me to feel good about what I am doing.

Replies

• jjlbrick
    jjlbrick Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I sign up for a cycling challenge called 30 days of biking. I promise to ride everyday, even if it’s just around the block. Well in 2019 I said let’s try for May. I’m still riding Day 554.
    You could do the same with walking.
    I’m 64 been getting healthy this round since May 7. Lost 37+ lbs. my goal was to be out of the 200 club by Labor Day it took a couple extra weeks. But I’m out & staying out.
    No food is forbidden, I try not to eat all my exercise calories every day. I do have days when I do eat them.
    Keep up the good work
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I walk a lot at work (10-15k steps a day) so I dont always walk on my days off, but I try to.
  • suzyjmcd2
    suzyjmcd2 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I'm going to send you a FR. I took the same approach to weight loss. Nothing drastic or all at once. Small steps along the way to get healthier, eat healthier and get moving. No heavy restrictions or denying myself the things I really love. Everything in moderation. All of that has helped me to get the weight off, and keep the weight off. I've been in maintenance, though I'm currently working on getting back down to the lower end of my maintenance "comfort zone" weight. I think your approach is what helps to make a new healthier lifestyle.... not a diet... not anything that you're not going to be willing to keep up for the rest of your life. In other words, smart! :)
  • mxlaw90
    mxlaw90 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hey feel free to add me! I'm 30 and was layed off due to the pandemic and am now a fulltime student so I have gained quite a bit of weight since March and finally trying to be consistant again always looking for more mfp friends for support!
  • Jenniferleighftw
    Jenniferleighftw Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Adding you!
  • christys03
    christys03 Posts: 22,784 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Active here daily n supportive...😁😁😁