Looking for motivation and tips from others!

Options
Hey MFP's! I have been on my health and fitness journey for a couple of years now and I've lost close to 100 lbs. I am back on MFP to meet people on the similar journey as myself so that we can learn from each other and keep each other motivated.

Replies

• Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    It looks like you’re the one with the tips to give out. Congrats on the amazing weight loss! 😊
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
  • LiftandSkate
    LiftandSkate Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your 100# loss!

I think motivation is overrated. Sure, it's important when determining your "why" and in setting goals and committing to change. But it's discipline that gets the job done!
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
  • WalkAwayRenee86
    WalkAwayRenee86 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    5FitFierce wrote: »
    Hey MFP's! I have been on my health and fitness journey for a couple of years now and I've lost close to 100 lbs. I am back on MFP to meet people on the similar journey as myself so that we can learn from each other and keep each other motivated.
    I would love to learn more about your journey to lose 100 pounds. I have 100 to lose and it seems too big to accomplish.

• FourWindsWalker
    FourWindsWalker Posts: 143 Member
    Options

Congrats and welcome back!

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options

You have done an amazing job!! 100# loss is quite an accomplishment and you must be proud of all the work you've done to get there.

From the highest point in my life to the lowest, I'd lost about 85. And I'm the worst yo-yo dieter you'd ever want to meet. ATM I'd like to lose maybe another 5# and stay there. :/ Staying there seems to be super challenging for me; I eat my emotions and stress/depression seems to be grabbing a hold right now. I have to work on those before I can finish tackling the #s.
  • 5FitFierce
    5FitFierce Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I would love to learn more about your journey to lose 100 pounds. I have 100 to lose and it seems too big to accomplish.

Renee, I know we just became friends on here but I would love to motivate each other!
  • 5FitFierce
    5FitFierce Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

You have done an amazing job!! 100# loss is quite an accomplishment and you must be proud of all the work you've done to get there.

From the highest point in my life to the lowest, I'd lost about 85. And I'm the worst yo-yo dieter you'd ever want to meet. ATM I'd like to lose maybe another 5# and stay there. :/ Staying there seems to be super challenging for me; I eat my emotions and stress/depression seems to be grabbing a hold right now. I have to work on those before I can finish tackling the #s.

Reenie, I can soooooooooo relate to emotional eating. The comfort I would get from eating really soothed my emotions. If I may, I would like to recommend taking a walk or stretching, deep breathing or even meditating before reaching for a snack to see if that is really what you need.
  • sal10851
    sal10851 Posts: 171 Member
    Options

It's really not. The problem is adherance and patience. With the proper diet it's very possible but we still have to make an effort. My dietary plan is very very effective. I choose low calorie dense foods from all food groups and it's hard to overeat with the amounts and the volume. Food that fills you up but with fewer calories. I keep an open diary so feel free to add me.
  • sal10851
    sal10851 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

Reenie, I can soooooooooo relate to emotional eating. The comfort I would get from eating really soothed my emotions. If I may, I would like to recommend taking a walk or stretching, deep breathing or even meditating before reaching for a snack to see if that is really what you need.

You can "emotionally" eat if you choose low calorie dense foods. 1 pound of strawberries has half the calories of a chocolate bar. It's about choosing the right foods at the right moments. I know it's hard and it takes discipline to achieve something that seems very impossible. I used to think weight loss was just a way for the diet industry to make money. Feel free to add me so you can review my diet plan. I log everyday and I've lost 68 pounds by following some basic principles. Good luck.
  • mycocoabubbles
    mycocoabubbles Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! Congrats on your weightloss and maintaining it. I have lost 50lbs before, but didn't maintain it. I gained it all back plus more. I'm 30lbs down from my highest weight with 70lbs to go. I would love to connect to motivate each other!
  • domeofstars
    domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Wow congratulations on your weight loss! That's amazing!