Should I even continue?

Options
I guess I need encouragement and maybe a lot of it. I don't think it's even worth continuing. Maybe I should just go the other way and join the group that's trying to be the heaviest woman in the world. I just don't know if I can continue on...

Replies

• sarah61587
    sarah61587 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! You should absolutely continue. Just remember, one day at a time. If you make a mistake, its ok! And remember to measure and record inches. I gained a pound this week but lost 2 inches!
  • paperpromisesx3
    Options
    I don't mean to sound rude but this post is crying "I want attention." If you don't want to continue, then that's only a decision that you can make. But you can find support to continue if you look for it.
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    Why so discouraged? I feel bad for you, maybe if you share a little more I would know better how to encourage you.
  • trilikeagirl
    Options
    Hey we're having the same day/month! Of course we should continue. We feel better, we look better, we eat better. The scale is just stupid, and we need to not use it to measure whether being healthy is worth it. Shall we give it another month?
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    You've gotta want it
  • rachrach66
    rachrach66 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Yes I agree with paperpromisesx3 take this seriously and step up!
  • Pink_turnip
    Pink_turnip Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. I know this is difficult, and sometimes feel impossible, but do the best YOU can do. Even making small changes here and there will add up.
    Don't look at is as "I have x number of pounds to lose" look at it as "I am making changes to improve myself!"

No one is perfect, and you're going to have bumps and roadblocks along the way, but after every bad day, is a new day with a chance to be better!!

Good luck with your journey!
  • trilikeagirl
    Options
    I don't mean to sound rude

Whoops too late...
  • silentwolves
    Options
    I know how you feel! I was coming on here to write a self-loathing rant just to vent... At least you've lost some weight acording to your ticker! I've gained weight!
    Im not very good at being positive and cheering people on...
    Sounds like you've hit a platou (sp?)... I dont know why I even bother trying sometimes..Im really bad at this!
    Hopefully tomorow will be a better day!
    Katie
  • AmyS79
    Options
    first why cant you keep going what is holding you back? What struggles are you going through? I have been figthing a sweet tooth all week and I eat a cookie but I counted it and moved on... you got this
  • dedication6
    dedication6 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    How do you feel?? I worked out for 7 mos and never lost a single pound. Found out my thyroid was dying and I should have been gaining.

Maybe you should keep track of the way you feel for a week or so and then see your dr and make sure it's not medical.

Just a thought....either way don't give up
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Ok this might hurt a litlle..but I really mean it out of luv!

STOP MAKING LAME EXCUSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

It's hard for everone..sorry EVERYONE to exercise on a regular basis. Being overweight is an OPTION! I don't know you but you need this for your health. A majority of us were at least 20 pounds or more over weight sometime in our life. There was a time I've had to lose 60 pounds.

Maybe yours is more..but you can keep eating and feeling sorry for yourself OR stop making excuses and do your body a favor.
  • claw12345
    Options
    life is ups and downs, and our weight reflects that! So what if it takes abit longer to reach your goal! I've been dieting now for 11 weeks, 3 of which I did not do that well when I ate more, ate outside, etc. I just slot them in as "diet break" in my planner, and push forward my goals by that much. Find your way of keeping yourself motivated and keep going!! good luck
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Why can't you go on? Is someone force feeding you or tying you down so you can't move. What you are saying is that you don't want to go on, and that's an even bigger question. Why in the world would you NOT want to take care of yourself?
  • merez
    Options
    Take a deep breath and dig in...You can do this. Sometimes it helps to take an easy short walk. Or a simple stretch. These short, simple, easy things can help you balance and give you the enegry and focus to keep up the good work.
  • erszike48
    Options
    YOU ARE WORTH IT! Write down your top 5 (real) reasons for wanting to lose weight. What got you started in the first place? Post these reasons ALL OVER THE HOUSE so you can see them every day. Look at your children, your husband, your family, etc. and decide that not only for you, you need to get healthy and lose weight to be around for them. They love you!
  • sdgirl22
    sdgirl22 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    It's a long road, and a process of learning and changing your habits - not easy!! Just keep working at it. It does get easier :smile:
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    You know, you are right. Stop now, eat a pig a day and see where that gets you. Oh, that's right, you already tried that and it got you FAT. Quit your moaning, put on your big girl panties, do the work, and the results will show over time. I hope I motivated you...
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    It seems to me you do want to continue otherwise you would have just left without posting in a forum. A lifestyle change is not always going to be easy. There are going to be rough patches but you have to work through them in order to succeed. I have friends on my list who have lost over 200 pounds and I couldn`t be more proud of them! They are a true inspiration and they got their results by sticking with it. If extra support is what you need to help you through this journey, there are alot of people on here who are willing to encourage you but the real work has to come from your own desire and determination to make the change. Feel free to send me a request. I am always willing to help someone who needs a little push :)

Wishing you success and happiness....
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Of course you should continue on :) Don't let a bad day/week get you down! Do this for YOU :) Where will you be a year from now? Miserably the same size or bigger? I don't know about you, but for me, I want to be about 50 down AT LEAST!!