Options
    daydrem_dw wrote: »
    jm216 wrote: »
    Starting weight: 228.9 on 6/1/2020
    Height: 5’8”
    Goal weight: 180
    6/1– 228.9
    10/18-210.7

So happy for you and 210 to be together again!

I second this...
    Now lets leave that 210 behind and say hello to Mr 200!
  • cpnknight
    cpnknight Posts: 200 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Okay chaps, this is an eyeball warning!

The following picture may be harmful to your sight and sanity!...

After 8 long years of being stuck in the back of my drawer....
    They are still a little tight when sat down but are now wearable!

gmxn1x1ulril.png
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,736 Member
    Options
    cpnknight wrote: »
    Okay chaps, this is an eyeball warning!

The following picture may be harmful to your sight and sanity!...

After 8 long years of being stuck in the back of my drawer....
    They are still a little tight when sat down but are now wearable!

gmxn1x1ulril.png

That’s so awesome!!! Love your renewed skinny jeans. ❤️
  • jm216
    Options
    adba5xza4wdy.jpeg
  • jm216
    Options
    My daughter turns 16 on October 23rd. It’s so hard to believe!

She starts driver training on Saturday... we had hoped to get her signed up in the summer, but classes were cancelled due to Covid.

Where has the time gone?

Jill
  • jm216
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!
    I found this fun mood booster on YouTube. It was so much fun I just had to share!
    https://youtu.be/Bla98LPpJT8
  • azalea4175
    azalea4175 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! I'm 53, 350.4 lbs and 5'10". I have a torn miniscus in my left knee and underlying osteoarthritis in both. So glad to find a thread in my age group. I really need to lose some weight to help my knee situation. Are any of you going thru something similar and if so what kind of exercises do you do? Right now I'm just using a pedaler as a bike and doing some PT, but it seems I get pushed a little further then my knees get "angry" and my fear holds me back until they decide to forgive me and feel better, lol.

I too need to lose weight for knee replacement! how does that work? I have bought a recumbent bike and that seems to help. I am tracking my food and water, and keeping mindful of activity. I find really good orthotic supports have helped me. Be patient with yourself working with your sore knees. Water therapy is good too, like in a pool? I don't have that option near me but you might! keep at it!
  • cpnknight
    Options
    Getting a little excited to see my "5 week prediction" in the food diary hovering around the 300 lbs mark.
    Fighting the urge to eat really low one day just to see it drop below that 300 number....but that would be cheating and so would not really be a real "victory"
    Hopefully next week!
  • cpnknight
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Now this may not be to everyone's taste and I don't think this is an American thing either (or so some of my over the pond friends have said)
    I present to you one of my favourite meals....

Beans on Toast with fried Eggs!
    Three pieces of toast (light spread)........342 cals
    One tin of Baked Beans (420g)................320 cals
    Three Large Eggs (fried in lard)...............270 cals
    Total 932 cals

Now you can obviously reduce the calories a lot just by having two bread, half a tin of beans and cutting out one or two eggs.
    Now this "Fat Boy" is out all evening and there is no way that I will be even slightly tempted to eat even the smallest of sweets with this plate of deliciousness inside me. On top of that is the fact that I still have over 650 calories left to consume should I wish too.

j4lko7gm1izx.png
  • daydrem_dw
    daydrem_dw Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Now this may not be to everyone's taste and I don't think this is an American thing either (or so some of my over the pond friends have said)
    I present to you one of my favourite meals....

Beans on Toast with fried Eggs!
    Three pieces of toast (light spread)........342 cals
    One tin of Baked Beans (420g)................320 cals
    Three Large Eggs (fried in lard)...............270 cals
    Total 932 cals

Now you can obviously reduce the calories a lot just by having two bread, half a tin of beans and cutting out one or two eggs.
    Now this "Fat Boy" is out all evening and there is no way that I will be even slightly tempted to eat even the smallest of sweets with this plate of deliciousness inside me. On top of that is the fact that I still have over 650 calories left to consume should I wish too.

j4lko7gm1izx.png

How's this for coincidence--digging through the poorly stocked pantry and refrigerator for dinner inspiration yesterday and came up with this exact meal! totally yummy
  • cpnknight
    Options
    I was feeling confident of a 1-1.5 lbs loss this week. So with the Scaley Beast released from captivity it was time to confront the beast and see what it had to say....

Was 310.8 lbs...Now 308.6 lbs...A loss of 2.2 lbs

Absolutely chuffed with that loss. I dare say that some of the loss was fluid but the graph is heading in the right direction!
  • jm216
    Options
    I was feeling confident of a 1-1.5 lbs loss this week. So with the Scaley Beast released from captivity it was time to confront the beast and see what it had to say....

Absolutely chuffed with that loss. I dare say that some of the loss was fluid but the graph is heading in the right direction!

That’s fantastic!! Congratulations on a great week!
  • daydrem_dw
    daydrem_dw Posts: 83 Member
    Options

Last Week: 197.8
    Today: 196.4

Last weeks goal: daily walks and add distance to my usual route when time allows
    Next Milestone: 180s

Goals for this week: Find a new rhythm/schedule for my daily walks. It's more dark than not both before and after work these days, which isn't safe on my unlit, no sidewalk road. I'm aiming for two shorter walks taken during breaks. However, if I make both a little longer than 50% of the original daily walk, it will be an increase in overall activity. Win!
  • cpnknight
    Options
    jm216 wrote: »

That’s fantastic!! Congratulations on a great week!

It was touch and go this week. One particular day I was really struggling. I made some very, very bad food choices that left me with no cals and very little substance in the belly....
    This week was a week of lessons well learned!
    Weights and Measures day next Sunday. Getting excited to see what differences there may or may not be!
  • mlwaters8247
    mlwaters8247 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

I'm Mary. I've been using MFP on and off for 14.5 years. At my highest i was 254 lbs. I am now 182 lbs, and looking at FINALLY getting off a diet. Which scared the snot outa me since i have used logging my food as a crutch in times of crises. My goal weight is 165 but i will talk to my nutrtionalist abt lowering it to 160 since 165 is the 'highest' of my healthy range.

61 yrs of age, 5'8" (formerly 5'9") proud wife, mother, mother-in-law, and grandma
  • jm216
    Options
    Good morning,

I'm Mary. I've been using MFP on and off for 14.5 years. At my highest i was 254 lbs. I am now 182 lbs, and looking at FINALLY getting off a diet. Which scared the snot outa me since i have used logging my food as a crutch in times of crises. My goal weight is 165 but i will talk to my nutrtionalist abt lowering it to 160 since 165 is the 'highest' of my healthy range.

61 yrs of age, 5'8" (formerly 5'9") proud wife, mother, mother-in-law, and grandma

Welcome Mary!

• sandypoint1267
    sandypoint1267 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am new on mfp . I am 58 years old, 5 foot 3 inches and have been overweight most of my life. I was 200 lbs last March. I am now 179.8 lbs ! Yay. First time under 180 pounds in years. Very excited ! Started with mfp about 2 months ago. Still learning the ropes. How would I join this group ?
  • cpnknight
    Options
    Hi all, I am new on mfp . I am 58 years old, 5 foot 3 inches and have been overweight most of my life. I was 200 lbs last March. I am now 179.8 lbs ! Yay. First time under 180 pounds in years. Very excited ! Started with mfp about 2 months ago. Still learning the ropes. How would I join this group ?

Welcome aboard. You have already joined by posting and to remain just keep posting your progress.
  • cpnknight
    Options
    Seeing the 5 week prediction showing below 300 lbs makes me feel real good!....

0udzgniglns4.png
  • jm216
    Options

Welcome Sandy!