Any Oculus Quest VR Users Out There?

Options
I'm sick of going to the gym. i want to get in shape while having fun. So far, I've had zero success accomplishing this.

I'd love to form a small group of Oculus Quest users who want to loose weight and have fun. I was imagining a daily accountability "check in" along with sharing goals and results / milestones. Also, maybe connect for playing some games multiplayer (Creed, etc).

Maybe use WhatsApp or something similar for group chat.

There is so much power in group accountability when it comes to loosing weight and staying consistent.

This site has great info on which VR games give the best burn:

https://vrhealth.institute/vr-ratings/

Here is an amazing video on how powerful VR can be for burning calories:

https://youtu.be/-fKpJ-hKbiE

Thanks!

Replies

• mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I have an Oculus Quest that I mainly use to play Beat Saber. But there have been some new fitness related games released recently I've been wanting to check out. I used to play everyday, but have only pulled it out once in the past 3-4 months due to just a lot of crazy stuff happening in my personal life. I haven't been working out much at all. But I'm trying to get back into it because I really REALLY love it. It's the only cardio I enjoy.
  • SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I'm not into group accountability, but I LOVE my Quest. I bought it specifically for Creed as I miss boxing training and especially pad work and I am not disappointed. I've worn my heart rate tracker using Creed, and using Fight Club and Beat Saber and it certainly gets the heart rate up.
  • silverpl2525
    silverpl2525 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have one- I like beat saber and it's the only way to have fun with cardio for me, that I have found I stick with. It does cause some tension around my head with the bands, and it feels top-heavy so my neck sometimes gets strained, but otherwise I love beat saber! If you have ideas of other free apps on there for fitness, please comment!
  • Elystriel
    Elystriel Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I just got my Quest 2 yesterday and have been loving the Fit XR workouts. This is going to be a lifesaver when I end up getting snowed in most of the winter!
  • jamespatten3576
    jamespatten3576 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Just got my Quest this morning. Bought it specifically for Thrill of the Fight but probably won't have a chance to give that game a try till the weekend. Gave beat saber free demo a try and that was significantly more fun than I thought it would be, might give Fit XR a try. Wish there was a demo for that one
  • jamespatten3576
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I tried using a Oculus go for VR biking videos on the exercise bike thinking it would keep me motivated. I got motion sick, and dam near flipped the bike leaning to one side when they made tight turns, couldn't help myself, felt real. I found just watching music videos on the youtube app worked better to keep me on the bike.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I tried using a Oculus go for VR biking videos on the exercise bike thinking it would keep me motivated. I got motion sick, and dam near flipped the bike leaning to one side when they made tight turns, couldn't help myself, felt real. I found just watching music videos on the youtube app worked better to keep me on the bike.

I've thought about trying it while rowing.
  • jamespatten3576
    Options

That would probably work good, no sharp turns, that was what did me in. I know there is at least 1 video on youtube, I think it's a bit cartoony though. I just picked up Fit XR for the quest 2 and it completely kicked my *kitten*.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Elystriel wrote: »
    I just got my Quest 2 yesterday and have been loving the Fit XR workouts. This is going to be a lifesaver when I end up getting snowed in most of the winter!

FitXR is awesome. That, and Supernatural are my go to workouts during the pandemic. Supernatural is having a Black Friday sale, so I took advantage of that for the monthly fee.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

That would probably work good, no sharp turns, that was what did me in. I know there is at least 1 video on youtube, I think it's a bit cartoony though. I just picked up Fit XR for the quest 2 and it completely kicked my *kitten*.

It's pretty impressive, isn't it?