Dinner Ideas

Options
Hey everyone!

I am having trouble with dinner ideas! I eat excellent morning to late afternoon but I am having trouble with eating just as healthy when I get home from work. My boyfriend is not so fond of eating as clean as I do during the day so I am having trouble coming up with yummy yet healthy recipes for dinner. Does anyone have any good recipes that are low in cal, carb, fat, and sodium?

THANKS!!! :)

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    EatingWell.com has a lot of different recipes collections. My non-calorie restricted husband has liked everything I have made from there so far.
  • SteelerAngel
    SteelerAngel Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 1FineFaye84
    1FineFaye84 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    www.cookinglight.com also has good ideas :)
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/

They have lots of great ideas also!!
  • Amysgetnfit
    Options
    EatingWell.com has a lot of different recipes collections. My non-calorie restricted husband has liked everything I have made from there so far.
    This is a good site, also try hungry girl.com... theres lots of low cal meal ideas as well as recipe swaps to make your favorite foods healthier.
    Good Luck
  • _Sonia_
    Options
    My saving grace at dinnertime has been carefully measured portions combined with lots of zucchini, spaghetti squash, or salad to "pad out" the meal so I don't feel hungry!

For example--when I make spaghetti, I'll have just 1/2 cup of noodles and 3/4cup of meat sauce, BUT I'll put everything over a pile of steamed zucchini strips or spaghetti squash.

I've eaten lots of zucchini and salad in recent weeks... but honestly, I don't mind. If I eat this way, I can still have small portions of my favorite "comfort foods" no matter how heavy they are, AND I might even get a small dessert! :) And I'm somehow managing to keep it all down to 1200-1500 cal a day (depending on whether I walk three miles or not in a given day!).

Best of luck.
  • jereedy1089
    jereedy1089 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your ideas! THat is SO helpful! :)