I am 5'1, 200lbs and ate 1650 cals today. Will I lose weight on this amount?

Options
fat2thingirl
fat2thingirl Posts: 41 Member
edited October 2020 in Health and Weight Loss
Sorry to annoy anyone but do you think I'll still lose weight like this? I was planning to eat 1000 cals today but there was a lot of yummy stuff and I just... ate more than that. 1650 to be exact. I'm 5'1, 200lbs, 23years old.. no activity. will i lose with this amount or around that amount? i used to eat more like at LEAST 2000 cals a day, more like 3000-4000 a day with no activity and the occasional 6000 binge day probably every week. obviously why i weigh 200 lbs lol. so is 1650 a weight loss amount for me do you think?

Replies

• Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Did you lay on the couch all day??
    at 200lbs I lost eating 2400 calories a day
  • age_is_just_a_number
    Options
    According to Health Status.com your BMR is 2000 calories per day.
    https://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/basal-metabolic-rate/

Eating 1650 calories per day, you’d be at a 350 daily caloric deficit.
    Roughly translates into losing 1 pound every 10 days.

Good luck
  • AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Yes but slowly. I encourage you to get some form of exercise swimming, youtube videos for beginners, walks simething. But really diet is the name of the game. Do NOT eat only 1000 calories aim for 1200. If you binge because that was to low up it a bit to 1400. Check out nicole collect on youtube she lost over 130lbs and has lots of great tips for people starting out with a huge weight loss ahead of them. I really liked hasfit tribe and fit by amy on youtube when I first started losing. Now I workout using Sydney cummings videos which is great once you get more in shape. When I first started I couldn't really do anything it was TOUGH but now I can do workouts with one of the toughest youtube trainers. It will come in time. Patience and consistency is key! Do something you can stick too!
  • fat2thingirl
    Options
    Fflpnari wrote: »
    Did you lay on the couch all day??
    at 200lbs I lost eating 2400 calories a day
    whoa really? that's awesome! do you mind sharing what activity level you were at, what/if any exercises you did?
  • fat2thingirl
    Options
    Thank you everyone for taking the time to answer my question! :) you guys rock!
  • B_Plus_Effort
    B_Plus_Effort Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    remember the easiest calories to burn are the ones you don't put in your mouth, there are many ways to loose weight, your current school of thought is slow and steady, which has it's pros and cons, it's difficult for someone who overate at 3000-4000 calories to go to 1600 and stay there, that's a drastic long term (open ended) life style change and proven to be unsustainable, essentially a diet for life, what I prefer to do is a short term cut (1 month for example), and then increase the calories gradually to see how my body responds and adjust with either healthy filler foods (red bell peppers, mushrooms, etc.) or by increasing the exercise, after a few months cut hard again for a short term, rinse lather repeat

its a mind trick thing, one says no oreo cookies for life the other says no cookies for one month, then we regroup

but you do you
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Sorry to annoy anyone but do you think I'll still lose weight like this? I was planning to eat 1000 cals today but there was a lot of yummy stuff and I just... ate more than that. 1650 to be exact. I'm 5'1, 200lbs, 23years old.. no activity. will i lose with this amount or around that amount? i used to eat more like at LEAST 2000 cals a day, more like 3000-4000 a day with no activity and the occasional 6000 binge day probably every week. obviously why i weigh 200 lbs lol. so is 1650 a weight loss amount for me do you think?

If that is decently accurate estimate of before calories - you nailed the great way to do this.

So many make radical changes to diet and movement they really have no idea where they are at compared to were at.

Because in reality, all you have to do is eat less than you were eating that caused the weight gain.
    But most don't know what the gain rate was, they don't have good records of increasing weight, they didn't even want to look at the scale usually.

Move a little more for heart/body health, eat a little less to lose weight.
    Take whatever you were eating and just leave 500 cal off the plate somewhere.
    As you lose 10 lbs, you'll need to find another 100 cal to leave off the plate.

But, if your foods cause you to binge, perhaps there are other changes to be made.

Many making the radical changes can't sustain it.
    But some walking would be good for mental and physical health anyway.

Sadly as super sedentary outside of exercise, 1650 would be a slow loss for me, my daily non-exercise burn is about 2000.
    Hence the encouragement to move more, and eat less.
    Not less than some extreme diet, less than you were eating.
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Eat 1650 daily if that seems to be a reasonable # for you. AND look for little ways to increase your movement. Truly sedentary is not good for the heart, lungs, etc. Get up and stretch for a few minutes every now and then. Walk/jog in place for a few minutes every now and then. Walk up & down any steps in your house a time or two just because you can. Set some sort of activity goal for yourself, and gradually add to it.

Ultimately strength training (think body weight exercises, doing arm curls with a water bottle, etc. - does not have to be complicated) and some form of cardio (walking, biking, swimming, etc.) will be good for your overall fitness. Not necessary to exercise to lose weight, but but for health & well being. And it helps you to maintain muscle and burn more calories. :)
  • domeofstars
    domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Yes definetly.