Looking for Binge-Eating Disorder Buddies

Jpat0
Jpat0 Posts: 201 Member
Hey guys,

I have been struggling with a binge and purge disorder for over a decade. I have finally stopped purging for the better half of a year. I did slip up twice after a massive binge. I really want to stop making food at the center of my life. I don't mind doing it alone but I think it would be great to do it with a few people. One of the advice given to get rid of binge eating is to keep a journal about it. I was thinking of making a whatsapp group, where people who are interested could bond and also treat it like a journal.

About me:

I'm 28, 5'2'' and 190lbs. I'm a medical student that is constantly stressed, which is something I'm working on by doing meditation and yoga in the mornings. I might add runs in the morning but exercise isn't on the top of my priority list. I want to focus on my binge cravings first.

I hope some people will resonate with this and get rid of food addiction once and for all!

Replies

• Red17q12
    Red17q12 Posts: 5 Member
    Yes please add me. I don't know how to add I'm new here. I suffered from binge eating for a long time. I have 80 pounds to lose.
  • bluedreams83
    bluedreams83 Posts: 567 Member
    Feel free to add me too. There is also a Binge Eating Support Group on here as well
  • WorkInProgress_1
    WorkInProgress_1 Posts: 16 Member
    I have experienced a lot of struggles with food the past couple years and am finally back in the place with my ED recovery that I can do the healthy things that used to help, which is logging and creating a community with health and wellness.

Looking for healthy support too. 😊 friended you.
  • starrpeoples25
    starrpeoples25 Posts: 3 Member
    I binge at night on sweets i have kids so its tempting to eat the snacks that i buy them i am 5'4 i went down to 168lbs last year and now im 200lbs and can't seem to get back on track and i will be starting LPN program in february and im afraid my eating will get worse so im trying to lose at least 10lbs by then
  • jossymass2021
    jossymass2021 Posts: 3 Member
    Feel free to add me been having the same problem
  • Msjournie
    Msjournie Posts: 16 Member
    I have the same issue! I've added all of you guys 😉
  • IndyRick1
    IndyRick1 Posts: 3 Member
    Newbie, here, and you're speaking my language. I'd sure love a new friend or two as we all get through this together.
  • fat2thingirl
    fat2thingirl Posts: 41 Member
    edited October 2020
    Hi there, I also have troubles with binging and sometimes with purging. I'd love to have some buddies that understand...
    I am 23, 5'1, 200 pounds. Looking to lose around 80 pounds and stop binging and purging.
  • chasitystiff9397
    chasitystiff9397 Posts: 25 Member
    Add me girl I binge on food sometimes idk how to add friends here
  • Mz_Nurze
    Mz_Nurze Posts: 6 Member
    Add me....I need all the motivation
  • katiemcm1125
    katiemcm1125 Posts: 26 Member
    Add me too! I have been in treatment for BED and purging and I’m trying to make sure my ED doesn’t get in the way of being healthy again.
  • michelle_FR
    michelle_FR Posts: 191 Member
    I’ve struggled with it on & off for over a decade. It’s exhausting; mentally, physically, emotionally. I’ve had fleeting periods of time when I’ve seemingly “gotten over it”, and the feeling of freedom is the best thing I’ve ever felt. I just haven’t yet been able to keep hold of it.
  • BenCHarrison1981
    BenCHarrison1981 Posts: 18 Member
    Ive struggled with this on and off and a lot more since the lockdowns in the UK as I have food readily available and stuck at home. Feel free to add me
  • clionaoc91
    clionaoc91 Posts: 1 Member
    Add me please
  • Hey! I don't have WhatsApp but wanted to check in and see how you're doing and would be happy to message back and forth on MFP if you want support. I also have had an eating disorder for a LONG time (15 years or so) and it's made my life hell for that! Anyhoo- I'm hoping to lose weight without triggering myself. I don't know if anyone has recommended but 'Free with Brid' on IG is amazing.

XXX
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited November 2020
    I hope you all are doing well on your journey!! I could use support and friends along the way but find myself to be a terrible friend; however if any of you would like to add me and have patience with me, then I'm here as well. I'm a stress eater/binge-er and once my mind is in that place, it takes a mountain to stop it and change it around. While I'd like to lose maybe 25-30#(have no idea because I haven't stepped on a scale for awhile now :()it's mainly my thought patterns and habits I need to work on. Whenever I need to deal with the empty holes in my life and heart, I choose food and there's got to be a better way. People tell you go for a walk, do yoga, meditate, journal, etc., etc., but it's all so much easier said than done. :(
    And this year has been filled with so much stress for everybody; I don't foresee the holidays being very good either, so it's going to be a battle of the ages.
    Anyways, I want to wish you all well, good luck and may you find the answers for YOU!!!!

• The_Elephant_Man
    The_Elephant_Man Posts: 202 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    I hope you all are doing well on your journey!! I could use support and friends along the way but find myself to be a terrible friend; however if any of you would like to add me and have patience with me, then I'm here as well. I'm a stress eater/binge-er and once my mind is in that place, it takes a mountain to stop it and change it around. While I'd like to lose maybe 25-30#(have no idea because I haven't stepped on a scale for awhile now :()it's mainly my thought patterns and habits I need to work on. Whenever I need to deal with the empty holes in my life and heart, I choose food and there's got to be a better way. People tell you go for a walk, do yoga, meditate, journal, etc., etc., but it's all so much easier said than done. :(
    And this year has been filled with so much stress for everybody; I don't foresee the holidays being very good either, so it's going to be a battle of the ages.
    Anyways, I want to wish you all well, good luck and may you find the answers for YOU!!!!

I totally understand!!! You can do this and NEVER give up!!!