Do I have to meet my goals?

Options
Hi

So I was wondering if I HAVE to meet my goals.

Mine are:

Calories: 1870
Fat: 60g
Sat: 20g
Carbs: 249g
Sugar: 35g
Protein: 68g

But I burn like 800 calories throughout the day walking and my goals change a bit ( like an extra 20g)

I rarely get over 35g of fat is this bad and should I be getting more?

Thanks to everyone!

Replies

• ibbray04
    ibbray04 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    You have to do what works for you. My goals are to stay close to the calorie goal, way under in sodium, under in fat, carbs and sugar and I usually go over in protein and fiber, which I do not mind at all.
  • pixiechick8321
    pixiechick8321 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Your goals are modifiable - so set them to how you eat.

Ideally, fat should be 15-20%, protein 20-25%, carbs 45-55% - adjust for your needs...

Make sure they are good fats (ie, avocado, not mayo), good protein (ie, real meat, not chicken nuggets), and healthy carbs (ie almonds, not ice cream sandwich) and you should be good to start your journey! Adjust as needed since this is a lifestyle change, not a 30-day diet.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Fat is actually really good for you and is essential and should make up 20-30% of your total calories.

A balanced diet consist of carbs between 45-60%, protein from 15-30%, and fat from 20-30%.

If you find a ratio that works for you stick with that and yes you need to eat more of every macro when you exercise to account for the energy requirements of the activity.
  • 123Helena123
    Options
    By The way, I'm looking to maintain my weight and maybe even gain a few lbs.

Just so you know as I only weigh 95lbs!

Just in case you think I'm looking to lose!!

Thanks again!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    By The way, I'm looking to maintain my weight and maybe even gain a few lbs.

Just so you know as I only weigh 95lbs!

Just in case you think I'm looking to lose!!

Thanks again!

Then you have to eat all of your calories, including the ones you burn from exercise just to maintain your weight, you need to eat more than that to gain.