Biggest Loser

afbigg
afbigg Posts: 33 Member
edited October 2 in Fitness and Exercise
I have been doing the biggest loser dvd workout for awhile. It's the one with Bob Harper and it has bootcamps 1,2,&3. I was wondering if anyone knows how many calories are burned during these workouts? I cannot find it on the beachbody website, I know that everyone burns different amounts of calories based on weight, but a general idea would be great. When I googled it, I only found one site that had any info on it and it said you burn 400-600 calories with each bootcamp. I found that hard to believe! I don't remember how I came up with it, but when I track it now on MFP it says bootcamp 1 is 380 calories or something like that. I also do pilates and wasnt sure where to find the amount of calories burned for that, but when I typed it into MFP it was already in the database so I went with it. Anyone have any idea or a suggestion on how to find out? I know you can use HR monitors and through some calculations find out, but I do not have one and I am a poor college student with a family and practically $0 extra money to spend:(

Replies

• gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Everyone is different, and your best bet would be to get a heart rate monitor. I usually burn about 300 calories +/- 50, combining the warmup, cardio 1, and his weight loss yoga #1. The +/- 50 Depends on effort I am able to give, based on my level of exhaustion at the end of the day, since that's when I usually do it. But again, everyone is different, plus it depends on your weight, so your best bet would be to get an HRM.
  • afbigg
    afbigg Posts: 33 Member
    thanks:) i figured i will have to break down and buy a HR monitor. I just want everything to be as accurate as possible.
  • emdawn1
    emdawn1 Posts: 1
    I am a few days into the biggest loser bootcamp level 1 video. Ive heard you burn up between 400-700 and you say 300 up there. If im 128 pounds how much do you think im burning. With the warm up, workout, and cool down.
This discussion has been closed.