annliz23 Posts: 3,239 Member
    barbiecat wrote: »
    p44wabrjlgw8.jpg

Lovely dogs
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    BobWillers wrote: »
    I've just lost several pounds....as in £ UK Sterling. Car gone wonkey :(

Boy, can I relate to this! Hope it wasn't too much.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,268 Member
    @linnieaikens at our age we need a little less carbs and a little more protein so we don’t lose muscle when we lose weight. We need that muscle. I am not speaking of relative to what you are indicating I am speaking relative to younger people. There are definite differences in trying to lose when you are over 40’s. Don’t forget to have some healthy fats.
    @Kirkland13 If I cut out sugar I think I would lose very quickly. I am limiting it so I am very picky about any sweets I eat since I don’t have many. I admire you eliminating all of the sugar.
    @Bprm2Rim19598 I totally agree with all you said.

After many weeks the scale finally went in the right direction. I now can say I have lost just over 20 lbs instead of almost 20 pounds. I am still working on clearing out my art room and setting up a home office. So I am not exercising as much but getting more activity. I want to start into a good exercise schedule before I start back to work in November. I tend to get too busy when I start a new job and I don’t want that to happen this time.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    p44wabrjlgw8.jpg

Barbie - what breed is the brown dog on the right? Just curious.
  • alteredsteve175
    Checking in. Nothing new here. Work work work. Jack is going to be a very dull boy. HAHA! 😁
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,901 Member
    :)Steve, the dog on the right is a small Standard Poodle. She is 13 years old. We've had her since she was a puppy.
  • teresadannar
    teresadannar Posts: 199 Member
    Has anyone seen the YouTube clip of the SNL Sweater Weather? Gave me a chuckle today.
  • alteredsteve175
    :)Steve, the dog on the right is a small Standard Poodle. She is 13 years old. We've had her since she was a puppy.

Thanks, Barbie! I thought "Standard Poodle", but I have never seen one that color. Is brown a common color for standard poodles?
  • barbiecat
    edited October 2020

Thanks, Barbie! I thought "Standard Poodle", but I have never seen one that color. Is brown a common color for standard poodles?

:) She is registered as "red". She is 14 years old so her color has morphed a bit as she has aged.

7w20juqdcg78.jpg

Here is Sasha's mother and the puppies in 2007
  • annliz23

:) She is registered as "red". She is 14 years old so her color has morphed a bit as she has aged.

7w20juqdcg78.jpg

Here is Sasha's mother and the puppies in 2007

I love red poodles they look so lovely!
  • alteredsteve175
    Thanks, Barbie. Learned something new about poodles.

Daisy got spayed on Friday, so I had a couple of days off from dog walking duty. But today she was full of energy, so we went back to the regular routine. It was cold and windy, but that will be the norm here until spring.
  • barbiecat
    mg2yv46lpzoc.jpg

When Sasha got spayed we confined her inside this fence with her dog bed so she wouldn't jump onto the couch or the bed. After only a short confinement, she jumped over the fence and then got on the couch.
  • annliz23
    mg2yv46lpzoc.jpg

When Sasha got spayed we confined her inside this fence with her dog bed so she wouldn't jump onto the couch or the bed. After only a short confinement, she jumped over the fence and then got on the couch.

Mine are jumpers too!
  • annliz23
    j29t wrote: »
    I'm loving all the doggie pictures <3 I've been doing well and hope the same for all our 60+ followers. It seems I'm having a hard time sticking to 1200 calories. I keep trying and track daily so that's a good thing. The fall weather and colors have been simply beautiful here. I've been hiking nature trails at the Federal and County parks nearby. Hiking is such a wonderful change of pace from the chaos of current events. My knees hurt a little more than usual, but my spirits make up for it.
    Here's a pic of my sweet kitty in case anyone thinks this thread has been going to the dogs :)
    Keep on truckin y'allzi26fgwj3kjc.jpg

Lovely cat my I have 2 black and white ones 12 years old and 10 years old my daughter has one just the same as your called Raggsy.
    Keep tracking at least if you go over you can see where good luck.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,935 Member
    edited October 2020
    j29t wrote: »
    I'm loving all the doggie pictures <3 I've been doing well and hope the same for all our 60+ followers. It seems I'm having a hard time sticking to 1200 calories. I keep trying and track daily so that's a good thing. The fall weather and colors have been simply beautiful here. I've been hiking nature trails at the Federal and County parks nearby. Hiking is such a wonderful change of pace from the chaos of current events. My knees hurt a little more than usual, but my spirits make up for it.
    Here's a pic of my sweet kitty in case anyone thinks this thread has been going to the dogs :)
    Keep on truckin y'allzi26fgwj3kjc.jpg

What a pretty cat! 😊

Don't forget: Any day we eat below our current maintenance calories, we're losing fat. It's great to stick with whatever our sensible goal is, when possible, but staying at maintenance sometimes, and under at other times, will get us there . . . it's just kind of a little slower "scenic route". 😆

I've been (re-)losing a few vanity pounds in maintenance, starting last October (2019). I'm down around 12-13 pounds since then . . . which is an average daily deficit of around 125 calories. 😆 It adds up!

I always find it tempting, come Fall with shorter days and colder weather, to eat a bit more. It can be a challenge!

Hang in there!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,268 Member
    @j29t we have 2 almost twin kittens that look very much like your cat. They are teenagers now so almost full grown. Since we have a coyote in the neighborhood they are indoors. I have always had indoor/outdoor cats up till now. So these guys do what I call remote hunting from the screen/sliding glass doors and windows. I figure my husband is working remotely and I am due to start working remotely next week that is what they are doing, hunting remotely. t8p60ot6rqzm.jpeg
  • skiextrm
    skiextrm Posts: 144 Member
    Hi! I am 68 and have been on MFP for quite a while. I'm pretty healthy, while recovering from a year of chemo and surgeries. Looking forward to skiing AND to staying within my daily limits. I have gained some this month. Looking to lose at least 12-20 lbs. I struggle a little since I'm only 5'0" and need to stay under 1200 to lose. Doesn't leave much room for a glass of wine! I could use some new friends who are active. Please send me a friend request. 😁
  • Valerie5152
    Valerie5152 Posts: 8 Member
    Would love to be part of this. I'm 62 and have been struggling to get the weight off. Need to lose about 40lbs.