Ultimate Accountability Challenge-The Healthy Life!! November 2020

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Ultimate Accountability Challenge---The Healthy Life!

The Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) provides both weight losers and maintainers with incredible accountability partners AND life-changing healthy habits.

This is not the flash-in-the-pan 'biggest anything" short-term challenge. This is the real deal!! We are a non-commercial volunteer group with a proven track record of significant team member success.

We enthusiastically welcome our returning veterans and newcomers too!
The accountability is a daily report of:
1)More than 20 minutes of your choice of daily exercise;
2) Tracking the caloric intake of both food and beverage;
3) Consuming no more than your chosen limit of daily calories
4)Daily or every third day posting of your fulfillment of the above.

A non-fulfillment of any of the above equals a Pass Day. There are 3 Pass Days allowed per month
Those who end the month with less than 4 Pass days are celebrated in the monthly Winner's Circle Qualification.

Those who continue to post throughout the month are honored as UAC Champions. Consistent thoughtful caloric intake; exercise; tracking and posting make Champions!!

We are motivated to share with others while we strive to be faithful to our own weight loss and/or maintenance goals.
Join us by clicking the link https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/138732-ultimate-accountability-challenge-november-2020

Replies

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,005 Member
    Options
    I encourage you to check out this group if you want a great, supportive group who will encourage you as you master 3 simple habits that will help you get to the wt you need to be & stay there!!

It works!

We look forward to welcoming you🎉
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,380 Member
    Options
    The UA Champions List gives a sense of positive accomplishment as you work through the inevitable time-lag of learning new habits that fit your unique preferences and situations. As they become more natural, you find your way to the Winners Circle.

The three Pass days allow for the reality that Life Happens ... maybe a pre-planned Special Occasion like a family birthday or anniversary ... maybe an un-planned Spontaneous Event that cut out the exercise opportunity for the day .... or just plain whatever.

Even out of the Winners Circle, Champions tend to find themselves ahead of where they were at the start of the month. Then the NEXT month, they aim for one or two less unplanned passes ... which becomes easier as time goes by and new habits become routine "just the way I operate".

We only ask that you come try for one month ... but hope you will stay longer. Many of us have.
  • countrycreek_
    countrycreek_ Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I joined .. thanks!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,005 Member
    Options
    I joined .. thanks!

Welcome @countrycreek❣️❣️
    We’re thrilled that you are joining us, and look forward to getting to know you!
  • GigiDoma
    GigiDoma Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I joined this group for the first time this month of October. I had tried doing this by myself and was having no luck! I rejoined myfitnesspal and saw this group. I had never joined a group before when I did myfitnesspal and am so happy I joined this group. The people are so friendly. I love reading all the posts and it really helps keep me accountable. One month of doing this has dropped me down a size in my jeans! It has been a year since I was able to wear a size 8 again. I can't wait to weigh myself at the end of the challenge ( just something I choose to do) but whatever that weight is, most important thing was I was making better food choices and exercising and knew if I had a bad day, its ok! Pick yourself right back up the next day and try again!
    @countrycreek Welcome to the group!
  • countrycreek_
    Options
    I joined .. thanks!

Thank you @MadisonMolly2017!! :)
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    Thank you, @ginadomaszewicz; @BMcC9; @MadisonMolly2017; @Hollis100; and @fatbambi2017 !!!
    I could not have said it as well as you have!
    Your friend, Rick
  • countrycreek_
    Options
    I joined this group for the first time this month of October. I had tried doing this by myself and was having no luck! I rejoined myfitnesspal and saw this group. I had never joined a group before when I did myfitnesspal and am so happy I joined this group. The people are so friendly. I love reading all the posts and it really helps keep me accountable. One month of doing this has dropped me down a size in my jeans! It has been a year since I was able to wear a size 8 again. I can't wait to weigh myself at the end of the challenge ( just something I choose to do) but whatever that weight is, most important thing was I was making better food choices and exercising and knew if I had a bad day, its ok! Pick yourself right back up the next day and try again!
    @countrycreek Welcome to the group!

Thank you @ginadomaszewicz!! :)
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    I joined .. thanks!

Welcome aboard 👋🏿 Like @ginadomaszewicz, I joined for the first time this month. The group members are each so motivating in their own way.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    One of the best aspects of this challenge for me is how simple it is. Don’t get me wrong, simple and easy are not always the same, but I do like simple. The challenge also gives me the freedom to set my own limits and plan my own exercises, I don’t have to do a specific training session for the challenge, I can follow my own. And I mess up, there is no judging from the rest of the members, just encouragement to try again the next day. The members are very encouraging and helpful with suggestions and support. Hope to see more new faces in November!
  • openthegatekate
    openthegatekate Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Thanks for setting this up ! I’ve gone backwards and forwards with MFP and tried slimming world for 1.5 years and I’m actually now the heaviest I’ve ever been...

Looking forward rather than berating myself for the past, but am delighted to see this challenge set up as I definitely respond better to a structured ‘challenge’.

Looking forward to support and be supported - go well y’all!

Kate xx
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Teresa and I'd like to join on November 1st 2020. I joined myfitnesspal 9 years ago and joined a challenge group called "snowflakes" I did great but obviously didn't keep it off. I rejoined myfitnesspal one week ago. It would be nice to make friends on here while were looking for motivation and support. Thank You!
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    See Ultimate Accountability Team member's encouragement above...

The Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) provides both weight losers and maintainers with incredible accountability partners AND life-changing healthy habits.

This is not the flash-in-the-pan 'biggest anything" short-term challenge. This is the real deal!! We are a non-commercial volunteer group with a proven track record of significant team member success.

We enthusiastically welcome our returning veterans and newcomers too!
    The accountability is a daily report of:
    1)More than 20 minutes of your choice of daily exercise;
    2) Tracking the caloric intake of both food and beverage;
    3) Consuming no more than your chosen limit of daily calories
    4)Daily or every third day posting of your fulfillment of the above.

A non-fulfillment of any of the above equals a Pass Day. There are 3 Pass Days allowed per month
    Those who end the month with less than 4 Pass days are celebrated in the monthly Winner's Circle Qualification.

Those who continue to post throughout the month are honored as UAC Champions. Consistent thoughtful caloric intake; exercise; tracking and posting make Champions!!

We are motivated to share with others while we strive to be faithful to our own weight loss and/or maintenance goals.
    Join us by clicking the link https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/138732-ultimate-accountability-challenge-november-2020
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    A friendly, supportive group for people who are losing weight, maintaining, or working on physical fitness. This group has helped me maintain a large weight loss for a year now. Very helpful.
  • molly3210
    molly3210 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Welcome to new members, that's awesome! I remember toying with the idea of joining, it seemed daunting and a bit extreme to me at first but I gave it a try. To my surprise, I'm still here, almost two years later! The group has given me mindful habits, and has truly changed my struggle with consistency. I don't always make the circle (in fact I rarely do), but I'm much more consistent and make deliberate choices, and feel encouraged. I've easily maintained the weight loss I have already accomplished so far instead of gaining back, all due to the three daily UAC checkboxes.
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    Thank you!! @molly3210 I really appreciate you and your post!
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    Thank you, @Hollis100!!
    You help me and other members too!
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    Join us for the November Ultimate Accountability Challenge at this link
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/138732-ultimate-accountability-challenge-november-2020