Biggest Loser DVD Series Challenge?

Options
Does anyone want to join me in working out with the Biggest Loser DVD's?? I have
30 day shred
Cardio Max
BL workout 1
BL workout 2

We dont all have to do the same dvd or anything, i just want to have a group that i am "accountable" for checking in and what not. :laugh:

I am shooting to workout everyday, except sundays...

Replies

• Venusjems
    Venusjems Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Does anyone want to join me in working out with the Biggest Loser DVD's?? I have
    30 day shred
    Cardio Max
    BL workout 1
    BL workout 2

We dont all have to do the same dvd or anything, i just want to have a group that i am "accountable" for checking in and what not. :laugh:

I am shooting to workout everyday, except sundays...
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Awesome idea!! I just finished the BL Cardio Max & I did some additional situps (50) at the end!!
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I am in ! I've been doing BL Boot Camp for 2 months now. I am on level 1 and 2 with weights.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

Maybe you guys can help me
    I picked up the 30 day shred about 2 weeks ago and have been alternating between level 1 and 2 (or occasionally doing both levels daily)
    I want to pick up another Jillian Michael or Biggest Loser DVD but I heard they can be very similar
    Any thoughts on which DVD or 2 I should pick up next...I don't want anything too similar to the 30 day shred

Also, any thoughts on where to buy the DVD's at a good price
    The only place I've seen them is my local Target and they are $14.99....

Thanks, kim
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

I do BL Weightloss Yoga, every other morning (I change it out with Pilates, not BL), and then in the evenings trade off between BL Cardio Max and BL Power Sculpt. I'm loving it. Usually when I'm done with the Power Sculpt I'll do about 1/2 hour on the treadmill for some additional cardio. Power Sculpt and cardio is my plan tonight!

Great challenge! :flowerforyou:
  • sanifrey
    Options
    Hi

I picked up the 30 day shred about 2 weeks ago and have been alternating between level 1 and 2 (or occasionally doing both levels daily)
    I want to pick up another Jillian Michael or Biggest Loser DVD but I heard they can be very similar
    Any thoughts on which DVD or 2 I should pick up next...I don't want anything too similar to the 30 day shred

Thanks, kim

I don't have the Shred but I do want to pick it up next!! I do have the BL Cardio Max & the BL Sculpt. Both are great videos that have members of the Biggest Loser working out with you. I picked mine up at Walmart I'm pretty sure that I didn't pay over $10 for them. (each) I also have Jillian's cardio kickboxing. It's pretty tough, I think that I got it from Ebay, again under $10.
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join you guys. I have BL 1 & 2 and cardio max. I will start it nex week though cause I'm still recuperating from my delivery. I need to lose 56 pouns. I'll look for the shred one. Good luck to all!

Emilie
  • Venusjems
    Options
    Glad i have some company.. I got all mine at Amazon.com under 9 bucks each... One set i paid for 2 day shipping the other i did the free shipping and it took 15 days to get here!! next time i will just fork out the extra 10 for 2 day

I did Cardio Max last night (second night in a row) and my butt is so sore!! I love Cardio much better than Shred.. Something about watching them skinny muscular girls makes me hate it..
  • Super_mom
    Super_mom Posts: 185
    Options
    I would like to join, maybe this challenge will keep me motivated.
    I've fell off lately and need to get back. I have 30 day shred, Hip
    Hop Abs (dont really like it though), BL Cardio Max and BL Power
    Sculpt. So how would the challenge work.
  • cookydt
    cookydt Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I just bought the shred dvd at Fred Meyer for $9.99. You might not have them where you are. Have you tried Walmart?:smile:
  • Venusjems
    Options
    I would like to join, maybe this challenge will keep me motivated.
    I've fell off lately and need to get back. I have 30 day shred, Hip
    Hop Abs (dont really like it though), BL Cardio Max and BL Power
    Sculpt. So how would the challenge work.

It doesnt matter to me, i just want to have someplace where i feel that i have to "check in" so it gives me more motivation to get off the couch and plug the dvd in!!

I will tell you about myself... Forever i was skinny skinny, then i hit about 25 and discovered wine and my future husband, slowly started gaining weight.. Never was "overweight" all the excess seems to go to my thighs and belly, got married more weight, got pregnant (70+pounds!!).

So all my weight is now in my belly and things, after the baby (almost 6 months ago) i lost about 50 pounds doing nothing (yeah i know dont hate) lost another 10 watching sodium intake and cutting out wine.

Now i probably have about 20-30 pounds to lose, tons of inches to lose off my belly and things, I dont really have a goal weight more a goal size.

I want to get in shape, got a cruise planned in about 204 days (but who's counting??:bigsmile: ).

So what does everyone want to do? Just come here and post what exercise we did daily? Do we want to take measurements/weights etc once a week/month?
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hi

Thanks, kim

I would get Jillians Cardio Kickbox..I do it daily Im totally addicted because she times everything just right and its 30minutes so easy to add into my 2hr routine...Its tough at first but after week 2 you will be flying through it
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Thanks

I'm going to try and hit k-mart for the cardio kick box..don't live by a wallmart

Kim
  • wildkat318
    Options
    Good morning BL Challengers!

Last night I did the BL Power Sculpt. I decided to add level 3 (for the first time). OMG!!! Bob kicks butt! Most of his exercises don't even include weights just holding lunges, squats, planks, etc. I had sweat pouring off me. My HRM said I burnt 430 calories so I was happy! I got on the treadmill for about 10 minutes afterwards for a total calorie burn of 570 for the workout. I'm a happy girl this morning and on my 2nd 24 oz. bottle of water! :drinker:

I hope everyone is loving their BL workouts!:bigsmile:
  • sanifrey
    Options
    I just finished Jillian's Cardio KickBox & BL Power Sculpt levels 1 & 3, once I added on my warm up & cool down I was able to burn 429! Feelin' great! :drinker: I can't wait to hear what everyone else is doing!!vv:bigsmile:
  • Venusjems
    Options
    I did Cardio max again last night... I just love Bob... Today i am going to shoot for trying Biggest Loser 1.. I havent tried it yet.. got addicted to Cardio Max
  • dskline1
    dskline1 Posts: 123
    Options
    Hi all~

I am a huge BL fan.....I am currently using Cardio Max and Jillians kickboxing about 4 times per week...I have recently added weight training in at my local gym. While I am at the gym I hop on a machine similiar to a stair stepper, but not (it is just like running bleachers without the strain on your knees) I absolutely love this machine....I do about 30 mins on that after the weights. I also recently bought the BL Bootcamp dvd, but have not opened it up yet. I think the biggest reason that I like the BL series is that they incorporate all the exercises that I grew up with....no funny, strange moves to learn - all just "old school tried and true" moves. I will continue to read your posts about the 30 day shred...I am considering getting that as well.....

Anyway, this will help keep me in line knowing that I will have to post what I have done for the evening. I plan on the Cardio Max and Jillians kickboxing tonight again...I am addicted. I have no idea how many calories I burn doin these...I hope to get a HRM sometime soon so I can have accurate numbers.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
    ~Sheryl
  • teach416
    teach416 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just got the BL weightloss yoga. I loved it! It's a refreshing change.
  • Venusjems
    Options
    Ok so today i did the biggest loser workout 1... didnt really like it much... still prefer Cardio Max
  • wildkat318
    Options
    Friday's are my rest day so today I'm doing Power Sculpt Levels 1, 2, 3 and then about 30 minutes of the treadmill.

I hope everyone has a great weekend, stay motivated and focused! It can be so hard to stay on track on the weekends. Have a good one! :drinker: