40 years old + 32 weeks = 50 pounds lost (with photos & tricks/tips)

Replies

• alisampm
    alisampm Posts: 182 Member
    Archon2 wrote: »
    Way to go! Great tips to follow in your post.

Thanks!
  • theresapeasa
    theresapeasa Posts: 5 Member
    so very inspiring, i have about the same amount to lose as you and it's so nice to see your determination. congratulations on all your hard work
  • Shivpea
    Shivpea Posts: 58 Member
    That was a great post, thanks very much! I'm very similar to you, I just count calories, I can't do the fasts, shakes etc, I'd prefer to eat real food, lol. I never heard of the phrase 'volume eating' I'm going to give it a google. You look great by the way, and the very best of luck with your goals! I'll send you a friend request if thats okay!
  • alisampm
    Shivpea wrote: »
    That was a great post, thanks very much! I'm very similar to you, I just count calories, I can't do the fasts, shakes etc, I'd prefer to eat real food, lol. I never heard of the phrase 'volume eating' I'm going to give it a google. You look great by the way, and the very best of luck with your goals! I'll send you a friend request if thats okay!

Thanks! I’d love to be friends!
  • gladz2014
    gladz2014 Posts: 28 Member
    excellent :) Love how practical and honest you are with your journey :)
  • phyl88
    phyl88 Posts: 51 Member
    I loved your story. It was well written, honest, and inspiring. I've been on MFP faithfully for over 7 years. I weigh and measure my food daily and get in some exercise at least 5 days a week. I hate to think about still doing this when I'm 90, but hey if it not broke... You have done fantastic on your journey. I applaud you and thank you for this post. Best wishes in meeting the rest of your goals. I know you've got this!
  • Leslievanbelois
    Leslievanbelois Posts: 3 Member
    WOW, Congratulations! It's nice to read a success story and to see the huge SMILE on your face. Keep up the great work.
  • Time4Coffee
    Time4Coffee Posts: 12 Member
    Wow! Thanks for sharing your goals and journey. I appreciate the informative links at the end.
  • alisampm
    Thanks everyone, ya'll are so encouraging!!
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    "Not sexy, but effective." So true...
    Congratulations on your success and feel the loves from all of the cheering!!
  • PremGandhi
    PremGandhi Posts: 115 Member
    So glad to see you are able to make significant progress and have been able to stick to your new way of life. Although I did not struggle with as weight as as you have but all your advices have been a reflection of my experiences with calorie control. I have been overweight (BMI 26-30) throughout my adult life and it was always bugging me that I was not putting my health in priority. Since last year, I have been tracking what I eat, when I eat, replacing food that are not "filling" and doing all sorts of things as my body is responding to it.

The greatest thing that has happened is the shift in my attitude and my thinking about being healthy. Initially it was about a temporary goal to get a certain health point with a thought at the back of my mind that once I reach there I no longer need to watch my eating habits or exercise schedule. This made me think subconsciously that I am denying myself something that I want. Now my thinking is that this is how I am supposed to live - I have realized that it is a way of life - prudence in what you eat, making wise choices and don't put too many conditions on yourself - if you fail for a day - don't worry. And now it does not feel constraining anymore. I don't drink soda and eat meat since quite a few years but I never feel like I am denying myself those things now. I just feel like that items are bad for me and I should not do it. It is like an automatic sensory thing - don't jump from here or you your hand fractured. I can't describe that feeling but this wonderful shift has made me so much more content with my life. I did not pursue this shift in attitude - it just happened!

Reading your blog entry made me think that I am not alone facing issues with my health - So THANK YOU!!
  • BexB42
    BexB42 Posts: 32 Member
    Great Job! I love when people post side by sides. Mine will be up here one day, promise. I hear you on the limited because of weight issue. I am slower than everyone else at my job I think bc I am the only obese person there. I am determined to do better, and now I feel weight loss HAS to be priority. Cheers!!!
  • alisampm
    BexB42 wrote: »
    Mine will be up here one day, promise.

Abso-freaking-lute-ly. One day at a time. ❤️
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Your story is so motivating and has great information. I know I will be returning to read it again. You are beautiful and what a great example you are setting for your daughter.
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,070 Member
    Awesome work! We are in somewhat similar positions, and a lot of your tips resonate with me. Looks like I've been doing "volume eating" on my own because I've been trying to pick nutrient dense, filling foods that don't load me down on calories. It's working for me too - I'm 41, 79 pounds down, and am 43 weeks in. When I'm done I'll have lost half of myself too! So let's hear it for sticking it out and reaching our goals!
  • buzzcogs
    buzzcogs Posts: 296 Member
    You look great and you give great advice!
  • Tenaya_justcallme_
    Tenaya_justcallme_ Posts: 29 Member
    Congratulations, You are exactly the story I needed to read this morning! I had my weigh-in and I'm down 54 pounds since 5/1/20. I'm hopeful to start blogging about it to keep me accountability and gain some encouragement because it's certainly tough doing it by yourself and staying motivated. Keep pushing and you will definitely reach your goals!
  • mewalls40
    mewalls40 Posts: 1 Member
    This is awesome, you are a true inspiration. Finally someone whose gone through this weight loss journey that I can relate to. Counting calories is the easiest way for me to lose weight and still be able eat some of the foods that I enjoy, just in moderation. I love My Fitness Pal tracker, I always keep it close to me and track everything that I put in my mouth, even my vitamins. Keep up the great job, you can and will obtain your dream weight goal. By the way, no more diets for me, I now call it a lifestyle!!!!
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Kudos to you. You've done an awesome job! Good tips as well. Thanks for sharing your story!
  • alisampm
    mewalls40 wrote: »
    Finally someone whose gone through this weight loss journey that I can relate to.

Awww, that means so much to me! I friend requested you if you want to stay connected. :)

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!