hi instant noodles and intermittent fasting

Options
hi if i made"" commercial noodles soup ""and drink it without putting noodles on it
does this spoil fasting ?
thank you
i already drink such while fasting 😂😂

Replies

• mariomicro
    mariomicro Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    It depends on what your goals are. If you're fasting for autophagy, it will probably stop the autophagy process, at least temporarily. If you're fasting for weight loss, the calorie content will most likely be negligible.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    saynow111 wrote: »
    hi if i made"" commercial noodles soup ""and drink it without putting noodles on it
    does this spoil fasting ?
    thank you
    i already drink such while fasting 😂😂

The only reason to do intermittent fasting is if it makes getting to your goals easier. There is no way to spoil it unless you are looking for the only proven benefit of improved insulin response for those that actually suffer from insulin resistance.

If weight loss is your goal and it has been a couple of weeks and you are struggling with your increased fasting period then shorten it, or do away with it. If you are doing mostly okay and this broth helps then drink it.

• angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    If it’s a true fast it has to be under 50 calories not to break the fast. You would probably do better to drink a bone broth. More vitamins and healthy. There are lots of different broths now. One thing I did was buy the box kind I’d buy pho broth, ramen broth and miso broth ( but look at calories if it’s high I wouldn’t use it) I’d drink the whole box for breakfast and lunch and have a sensible dinner. I found the volume was helpful to feel full but there are ways to achieve this. Also make sure you consume enough calories in your eating window or you will feel hungry! But I’ve done usually a keto coffee in morning to tide me over til my eating window ( some say it breaks the fast some call it fat fasting) but it’s my tool and works for me. As well I’d do more research on fasting if I were you so you can better understand autophagy and how it works bc this is what you are trying to achieve.
  • Daisy_Girl2019
    Daisy_Girl2019 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Ummm... they sell broth for a reason.. might be cheaper too... 🤷‍♀️it's low in calories, but high in sodium. So you might gain more weight because of water retention. Just my thought.