Fat fed up failure

Options
I'm 53 female, I m 5ft 1 and changed my lifestyle to lose weight and get fit. That was in January 2020. I got down to 130lbs and felt much healthier and happier. Ok so roll on to today, got on the scales and weight is now 146lbs. Cannot believe after my hard work that I'd do this to myself. For the past 6 months I've just ate everything I wanted and now feel so low. How can I snap out of this, anyone else feel like this. Please help.

Replies

• Scarlettriestorun
    Scarlettriestorun Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thank you , I think you are right sometimes you just need to hear it . Thanks
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    I gained roughly the same amount (or "The Covid Stone") this year too.

Well done for coming back here for help.

We know how to lose it again, since we've done it before.

Right now, I'm not worried too much. I'm not officially overweight, and I need to look after myself in more ways than the number on the scale.

What do you do for fitness? Today I did the best run I've done since June. That makes me feel better about myself.

If you feel better about yourself, losing weight is easier. You can do this.
  • thebiblewithtina
    thebiblewithtina Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm 53 female, I m 5ft 1 and changed my lifestyle to lose weight and get fit. That was in January 2020. I got down to 130lbs and felt much healthier and happier. Ok so roll on to today, got on the scales and weight is now 146lbs. Cannot believe after my hard work that I'd do this to myself. For the past 6 months I've just ate everything I wanted and now feel so low. How can I snap out of this, anyone else feel like this. Please help.

I'm 6 pounds away from my target weight and afterwards, I intend to weigh myself every week so I can quickly catch the odd pound or 2.

Start back again and weigh yourself at least weekly. You've done it once and can do it again.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    The statistics are that, more than 80% of people that lose weight gain all, some gain more back, within 5 years. No matter how the weight is lost. You are definitely not alone. For some, it takes a lot more effort and diligence to maintain, than lose.

You’ve done it. You just have to do it again. It’s hard to have to start over, but you can do it!
  • Scarlettriestorun
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    I gained roughly the same amount (or "The Covid Stone") this year too.

Well done for coming back here for help.

We know how to lose it again, since we've done it before.

Right now, I'm not worried too much. I'm not officially overweight, and I need to look after myself in more ways than the number on the scale.

What do you do for fitness? Today I did the best run I've done since June. That makes me feel better about myself.

If you feel better about yourself, losing weight is easier. You can do this.

Thank you , I have a treadmill which I used to use religiously, but its gathered a bit of dust, .I've just been walking for a couple of hours , im gonna sit and sort out my food for the day, I used to do I F,.16 :8 that seemed to help. I appreciate all your replies thank you
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I'm 55, lost 103 lbs from my heaviest known weight, and now in maintenance allowing myself a 10 lb range as I am continuing to build muscle. My weight can fluctuate anywhere from 2 lbs to 10 lbs daily. Don't worry about the 16 lbs, it HAPPENS. BUT, you need to change your way of thinking from failure to success. Don't make excuses. Don't bash yourself, don't give up. This is a lifelong process and not an easy one for most!
  • Scarlettriestorun
    Options
    I'm 55, lost 103 lbs from my heaviest known weight, and now in maintenance allowing myself a 10 lb range as I am continuing to build muscle. My weight can fluctuate anywhere from 2 lbs to 10 lbs daily. Don't worry about the 16 lbs, it HAPPENS. BUT, you need to change your way of thinking from failure to success. Don't make excuses. Don't bash yourself, don't give up. This is a lifelong process and not an easy one for most!

Well done you have done fantastic, im just going to get rid of bad Habits and start weighing myself daily. I just need a bit of motivation x thank you and again well done
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    i hear you and feel for you. I lost around 25lbs to goal a few years ago, gained it all back plus a bit and am now nearly at goal again. I'll have lost 30lbs since May. Like you I stopped weighing in regularly, and when I did weigh and see where my weight was, I didn't do anything focused about it. (I also wasn't helped by some medication I was on for a while which caused my weight to jump by 2kgs in two months, then by peri-menopause and this year by seriously over-indulging in Easter eggs!) Since hitting 88kg (195 lbs) the end of May I have come back to mfp, logged all my food, and weighed in every day. I've weighed in within my maintance range (75kg +/- 5kgs/165 lbs +/- 11 lbs) over the last few days and expect to be back at goal in the next few weeks.

I am now thinking hard about how to plan for maintenance and to find ways of triggering my response before I get to the top of the overweight range in bmi. For instance I have adapted my weight spreadsheet to change the cell colour to amber when I enter a weight that is out of my maintenance range. I am hoping this will trigger me to adjust what I am eating instead of waiting until my clothes no longer fit!