Weight gain since corona

I got on the scale today and seen that I gained about 18 lbs since working from home because of corona hopefully I can lose it by thanksgiving

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Almost to the 19 in the Covid-19.
    gotta hit that goal first.

And time-based weight loss goals are a recipe for disaster.
    Especially in extreme diet like you reference attempting to do - where you will almost assuredly lose some muscle mass too, perhaps the upwards of 25% all too easily done.

You will regret that later, unless you just enjoy the fun of starting a diet every year.
    becoming harder and harder as the years go by to lose the weight.
    having a worse and worse relationship with food and your body each time.

Strongly recommend don't do it.

Only 19 to lose (you still have 1 to gain!) - pick 1 lb weekly and use the tool correctly.
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,829 Member
    @applered you are smart to be catching this sooner than later, but 19 lb in less than 4 weeks makes no sense. I've been dealing with a CV gain as well and actually made it back to Pre-CV this week. That was 6 weeks and just under 11 lbs. I lost it way faster than I expected. Now to deal with the lbs from other excuses. :p
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Not a realistic goal AT ALL to attempt to lose 19 lbs in a few weeks. You didn’t gain it in a few weeks by your own admission, so you won’t lose it in a few weeks either