5’8ft and 180lbs (F)

Options
Here’s me right now at 180lb’s I know... so gross. Is there anyone else with these stats? My GW is 130lb’s so I have 50 huge pounds to loose omg... I am on 1200kcals a day atm. Coffee is life. Looking for accountability friends

Replies

• rubysthom4123
    rubysthom4123 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

I mean all of the above in the kindest possible way, sincerely: It would be a great outcome, to achieve your goal, and maintain a healthy weight long term.

P.S. Bodies are pretty wonderful, even if they don't represent every appearance goal we have at the moment. They take us where we want and need to go - even to those appearance goals. What would we do without one? 😉

Best wishes!

Hi Ann, thanks so much for your reply. I will definitely check out those videos, I have mild scoliosis and so I know I need to work on my pelvic tilt :(... I would love to loose weight from my mid section, as I carry aloooot of weight there, and I want my feminine curves back.

It is really inspiring and motivational to hear what you have achieved and I checked out the picture of your toned arms - you look great, this is something I want to achieve.

I have been doing okay on 1200 but I think I may go up to 1500 just because my skin is starting to suffer...

Thanks again!
  • rubysthom4123
    rubysthom4123 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Dogmom1978 wrote: »
    What do you have your weekly weight loss set to? For me, 1200 cal a day was not sustainable, so I very quickly switched to losing 1 lb per week. I still have about 40 lbs to get to goal, but I’ve lost over 25 so far.

While it’s a slow process, losing slowly allows me to eat the things I enjoy in moderation. Obviously, you have to find what works for you, but please remember you didn’t gain the weight overnight, so don’t be disappointed if you aren’t dropping it like it’s hot.

And, no, you aren’t gross at all.

Thanks so much ! I get reaeaaaally impatient with weight loss. I don't have any weight loss goals I just use the app to count up to 1200 everyday. I should take the time to see what It says though.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Dogmom1978 wrote: »
    What do you have your weekly weight loss set to? For me, 1200 cal a day was not sustainable, so I very quickly switched to losing 1 lb per week. I still have about 40 lbs to get to goal, but I’ve lost over 25 so far.

While it’s a slow process, losing slowly allows me to eat the things I enjoy in moderation. Obviously, you have to find what works for you, but please remember you didn’t gain the weight overnight, so don’t be disappointed if you aren’t dropping it like it’s hot.

And, no, you aren’t gross at all.

Thanks so much ! I get reaeaaaally impatient with weight loss. I don't have any weight loss goals I just use the app to count up to 1200 everyday. I should take the time to see what It says though.

Yes you should. I personally was starving at 1200, but maybe you aren’t. We would all love to lose the weight immediately, but that causes most of us to fail because we are so impatient and get discouraged when it doesn’t happen as fast as we want.
  • evilokc
    evilokc Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    this is the perfect time of year to start a goal like this. winter is here and it gives you something to do in the cold. i dropped 26lbs in the last 7 weeks. its more about consistency than anything else. make a plan and tick with it. real loss takes time. if you lose it to fast it WILL come back. you got this.
  • cyaneverfat
    cyaneverfat Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I think you look great! don't be so hard on yourself. At least you're not 269lbs like me (5'10). This seems like one of those times when you think you're so big, then in the future you look back and go "I wish I could be that size again".
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    By my reckoning, 170 lbs would put you into the top of normal bmi. Maybe if 50 lbs seems huge, you might start with that first 10 lbs?

I noticed as well that your ultimate goal, 130 lbs would put you right at the bottom of normal bmi for your height. Clearly, your goal is up to you, but these days - for me aged 56 - that would be too low; I do much better at a mid-range bmi, and even when I was younger, a bmi under 21 didn't feel great for me. (I am 5'11".)

Whatever you are aiming for, small steps will get you there.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Not gross at all, just terrible posture :smile:

Your pic reminds of when I thought I looked terrible, being slightly overweight, a few years after graduating from university. Looking back at that now (having gone up to a BMI of 34 and now back down to 26), I actually looked pretty good. We are our own worst enemy sometimes!
    Don't be like me, learn to love your body now :wink:

I will also add another vote to the "choose a less agressive weight loss rate" camp. You don't want to choose a weight loss strategy that depends on too much willpower, too much deprivation and suffering makes giving up more likely. I made it as easy as I could on myself, choosing a slow weight loss rate and basically eating the same foods as before, just in different quantities and proportions. No foods were/are off-limits if they fit into my calories (and the occasional day over calories is fine too). After a while you will learn what foods give you more 'bang for your buck': better satiety while still being tasty, etc. so you might start to make slightly different choices.

Good luck!