You have 600 calories.

Options
You have 600 calories left for dinner. What are you eating?

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Bird's Eye Voila! Frozen Skillet packages just about that many calories.

Garlic Chicken, Alfredo Chicken, 3 Cheese Chicken, Cheesy Ranch Chicken.

Hmm, detecting a theme....
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    xtineart wrote: »
    Probably a whole chocolate orange for dessert instead of a real orange 🍊

I love those things, so delicious! Kind of fun too to peel a chocolate orange!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Depends on what else I had that day. I'd probably have soup, vegetables or salad with lots of protein, then save 150-200 cals for dessert or wine.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,463 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    I might have a Cookout tray: big double burger and double side onion rings with Diet Coke: about 591 calories.

Or I might splurge a few extra and get half rings and half those addictive fried cheesy bite things for an extra 30 or 40.

I might also weep over the hush puppies. An order of those sublime little morsels would be more than the whole meal above. 😭
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    DanniB423 wrote: »

More details required. Like, what am I doing after dinner? Also, why did I leave so many calories for late in the evening? Generally, I aim to eat low carb and high protein at night Now its also gonna be calorically dense, I guess?! So...........

Slow-cooked, BBQ-slathered beef back ribs (like 2 bones/ribs worth) and a cup of ridiculously rich butternut squash soup.
  • AndreaTamira
    AndreaTamira Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    My dinners tend to be cold food (lunch is hot), so probably just a sandwich.

Might have a hot chocolate after, though.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I usually also eat cold food at night unless I decide to have breakfast food again. I eat a lot of wraps with avocado and turkey. If I have anything left over I might consider popcorn or one of my new favorite bars... Cascadia. Digging them.
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I could have a lot for 600 calories.

Zaxby's tenders (4) with cole slaw and celery, light ranch.
    or
    Chicken breast dipped in fat free sour cream then seasoned bread crumbs, cooked in a skillet w/ olive oil spray. With sliced, baked sweet potato and green bean 'fries'.
    or
    A big bowl of chili w/ shredded cheddar and a cornbread muffin.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,398 Member
    Options
    My dinners are usually around 550-600kcal. I can think of a lot of things to cook from pasta to curries to stews and soups, to a piece of meat or fish with veggies and potato, to self-made burgers, and lots of other things.
  • Ddsb11
    Ddsb11 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I might have a Cookout tray: big double burger and double side onion rings with Diet Coke: about 591 calories.

Or I might splurge a few extra and get half rings and half those addictive fried cheesy bite things for an extra 30 or 40.

I might also weep over the hush puppies. An order of those sublime little morsels would be more than the whole meal above. 😭

What?! A McDonald’s cheeseburger and fries are 620 alone. And that’s the small burger. Where are you finding this magical venue??
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,121 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    DanniB423 wrote: »

More details required. Like, what am I doing after dinner? Also, why did I leave so many calories for late in the evening? Generally, I aim to eat low carb and high protein at night Now its also gonna be calorically dense, I guess?! So...........

Slow-cooked, BBQ-slathered beef back ribs (like 2 bones/ribs worth) and a cup of ridiculously rich butternut squash soup.

Leave so many? That’s my dinner all the time. I eat a bigger dinner, so 600 minimum! If I’m facing fewer than 6-700 calories at 4 pm I’m planning a late walk or bike. (Dinner is at like 5, so usually need a post dinner snack 😂)

Me too! Having 600 kcal left before dinner is low for me, my dinner is rarely under 600 calories (usually 600-800} and I usually have another 150-200 kcal worth of snacks in the evening.
    My dinners are always planned out in advance, so I'll have whatever was planned, but in a portion appropriate for the calories I have left (within reason, I still need to feel more or less satiated, so not too tiny).
  • ThatCookieGurl
    ThatCookieGurl Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Dang, I just want Chipotle. Those chips though.
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options
    heybales wrote: »
    Bird's Eye Voila! Frozen Skillet packages just about that many calories.

Garlic Chicken, Alfredo Chicken, 3 Cheese Chicken, Cheesy Ranch Chicken.

Hmm, detecting a theme....

Yun, but my husband would be upset. Not a cheese or alfredo guy. I would love it!
  • SModa61
    Options
    I typically track my ever changing dinner and my never changing breakfast first, and fill in the rest of the day from there. I pretty much never have an unexpected surprise at the end of the day. Dinner for me is between 480 and 550.
  • jdsass82
    jdsass82 Posts: 19 Member
    Options

There is no way any of that clocks in under 600 calories.
  • LiftandSkate
    LiftandSkate Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'd probably have a low cal dinner (egg white & spinach frittata, chic breast and a veg) and then splurge on a piece of cake for dessert. I get 1600/day, so 600 for dinner for me would be a lot!
  • SModa61
    Options
    jdsass82 wrote: »

There is no way any of that clocks in under 600 calories.

Cookout is a southern chain. Think ChikFila quality and beliefs, but done in a beef format. They have outstanding, freshly cooked to order food. If you choose your meal mindfully, it is absolutely possible to have a “tray” (their version of a meal deal) meal for under 600 calories. Onion rings have far fewer calories than fries.

Just for the record, we’ve eaten there every couple of weeks (via the walk up window) for the last four or five months. I managed to unexpectedly lose about 15 more pounds during lockdown, and am currently maintaining at 131.

And if I’m feeling really frisky, and have a lot of calories to spare, I’ll get a root beer float.

I’m not gonna starve because conventional diet wisdom says I “can’t have fast food”. If there’s one thing I’ve learned from MFP, it’s that.

Here’s the menu with nutritional chart.

d4vbb9k8tlbz.png

Sounds like a great place!