You have 600 calories.

Options

Replies

• Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    jdsass82 wrote: »
    I might have a Cookout tray: big double burger and double side onion rings with Diet Coke: about 591 calories.

Or I might splurge a few extra and get half rings and half those addictive fried cheesy bite things for an extra 30 or 40.

I might also weep over the hush puppies. An order of those sublime little morsels would be more than the whole meal above. 😭

There is no way any of that clocks in under 600 calories.

I was doubtful (we don't have this chain around my parts), but I looked it up on the Cook Out nutrition page:
    Big Double burger: 311 kcal
    Onion Rings Side: 128 kcal (presumably double side is 256 kcal)

All I can say is that these must be small portions! Our fast food of choice is Culver's, where a single burger and a side of onion rings will run you 390 kcal (single butterburger) + 400 kcal (small onion rings) = 790 kcal.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    As for me, most of my dinners come in around 600 kcal. Last night was Trader Joe's orange chicken with some rice and roasted broccoli. A personal comfort food favorite is grilled cheddar cheese sandwiches with tomato soup. We had some kick-@$$ grilled chicken fajitas this past weekend that are sounding mighty good right about now.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Yesterday's dinner was 688 calories*, it was a stew with green peas and meat, so... swap out the green peas for green beans and it'd be about 600...

*: it was actually a bit more with the bread I used to clean the plate, but I had pre-logged it.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Pizza
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I arrange my days like this as well. 600 for dinner is low. I usually have 700 or more. I eat whatever I want for the most part. My family isn't on this diet so I make the normal food that I eat and just have a little less of it. Last night was grilled chicken sautéed in garlic butter then cut up and cooked in the wok with rice veggie and light soy sauce. 300g was only 400 calories. I was also able to then have a bowl of decadent brownie ice cream.
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    A good sized serving of protein, and a salad with vinegar as dressing. Prob a glass of wine later or a protein shake if i feel like I need more for the day.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    My tears for leaving so little calories for dinner. :laugh:

No seriously it would probably be my regular dinners, just less of it. And sadly no wine.
  • Chef_Barbell
    edited November 2020
    Options
    jdsass82 wrote: »
    I might have a Cookout tray: big double burger and double side onion rings with Diet Coke: about 591 calories.

Or I might splurge a few extra and get half rings and half those addictive fried cheesy bite things for an extra 30 or 40.

I might also weep over the hush puppies. An order of those sublime little morsels would be more than the whole meal above. 😭

There is no way any of that clocks in under 600 calories.

Cookout is a southern chain. Think ChikFila quality and beliefs, but done in a beef format. They have outstanding, freshly cooked to order food. If you choose your meal mindfully, it is absolutely possible to have a “tray” (their version of a meal deal) meal for under 600 calories. Onion rings have far fewer calories than fries.

Just for the record, we’ve eaten there every couple of weeks (via the walk up window) for the last four or five months. I managed to unexpectedly lose about 15 more pounds during lockdown, and am currently maintaining at 131.

And if I’m feeling really frisky, and have a lot of calories to spare, I’ll get a root beer float.

I’m not gonna starve because conventional diet wisdom says I “can’t have fast food”. If there’s one thing I’ve learned from MFP, it’s that.

Here’s the menu with nutritional chart.

d4vbb9k8tlbz.png

I miss Cookout... I spend every year for Thanksgiving with my Dad in NC and love love love all the different chains there. Soooo good.

ETA- Except this year... :cry: I miss my dad and good down South food.
  • stevehenderson776
    stevehenderson776 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Two snickers bars and a coffee.
  • xodreamariexo
    xodreamariexo Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken breast, fettuccini, peas, & Alfredo sauce 😋
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    Well, the last time I had a 600 calorie dinner it was chicken fettucini alfredo with garlic toast. Most of my dinners run about 350-550 calories, though. That leaves me plenty for a 350-450 calorie lunch and several snacks in between so that I never get too hungry.
  • KNoceros
    KNoceros Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Most of my meals are at or about 600 cal.
    Today’s example would be 2 5% fat beef burgers, each in a white roll, with a reasonable sized salad. 552cal.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Dinner tonight is chicken breast, French fries and dill dipping sauce for 575 calories.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Options
    Jealous!! ^^^^
  • Ddsb11
    Ddsb11 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Solely in the interest of investigative journalism:
    669 calories because I added light mayo and upped my game to cheesy bites.

5ytgsnalr6vr.jpeg

Yessssss 🙌🏻
  • age_is_just_a_number
    Options
    I’d almost never have that many calories left at the end of the day.
    But if I did, I’d definitely have dessert.
  • Ddsb11
    Options

This thread makes me so relieved. I had no idea what was reasonable for most people for their dinner meal. I thought 700-800 was like, a reasonable and responsible amount 😂

Humbled and amazed. Thank you. I’ll be able to put myself in check a little more now.
  • GummiMundi
    GummiMundi Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    msalicia07 wrote: »

This thread makes me so relieved. I had no idea what was reasonable for most people for their dinner meal. I thought 700-800 was like, a reasonable and responsible amount 😂

Humbled and amazed. Thank you. I’ll be able to put myself in check a little more now.

MFP gives us a personal daily calorie target based on our stats and intended rate of loss. How each of us split those calories throughout the day is immensely variable. Some do one meal a day, some do six... It all comes down to personal preferences and needs.
    Besides, 600 calories for a person who is on a 1200 calorie target is one thing, 600 calories for another person who is on a 3000 calorie target is quite another. So it's not even comparable. Not to mention that some people eat more at breakfast, others at lunch, others at night. :) I think all the OP wanted was ideas for meals that would be around 600 calories, that's all.
  • Ddsb11
    edited November 2020
    Options
    GummiMundi wrote: »
    msalicia07 wrote: »

MFP gives us a personal daily calorie target based on our stats and intended rate of loss. How each of us split those calories throughout the day is immensely variable. Some do one meal a day, some do six... It all comes down to personal preferences and needs.
    Besides, 600 calories for a person who is on a 1200 calorie target is one thing, 600 calories for another person who is on a 3000 calorie target is quite another. So it's not even comparable. Not to mention that some people eat more at breakfast, others at lunch, others at night. :) I think all the OP wanted was ideas for meals that would be around 600 calories, that's all.

Uhm... what? It helped me, that’s what I’m saying. It’s making me feel more comfortable that a lot of other people see 600 calories for dinner as a comfortable option for themselves. That’s typically what I have left for dinner as well. No explanation necessary. Thank you for trying to break it down for me though 🙏🏻