i keep overeating (binging??) but i’m not starving myself

Options
this whole week i’ve been eating 1,400 on average maybe but today i ate 2,100 cals and i’ve not been undereating down i’m not sure what’s causing this urge to want to eat.

i workout 4 days a week at the gym for 3-4 hours per session with cardio snd mainly focused on strength training (i take my time that’s why i’m there for so long)

so i don’t know if tate the reason why i find it so hard to stick to a deficit where before i easily stayed at 1,300 cals for months

ahhh i’m so stressed and just want to lose the last 25lbs (currently 142lbs, was 165lbs

Replies

• trulyhealy
    trulyhealy Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    basically i’m just stressed because i’m not under eating but still have the urge to want to eat
  • trulyhealy
    Options
    also will the excess calories help with muscle building since i’m focusing on strength training? idk trying to look on the positive side
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    trulyhealy wrote: »
    this whole week i’ve been eating 1,400 on average maybe but today i ate 2,100 cals and i’ve not been undereating down i’m not sure what’s causing this urge to want to eat.

i workout 4 days a week at the gym for 3-4 hours per session with cardio snd mainly focused on strength training (i take my time that’s why i’m there for so long)

so i don’t know if tate the reason why i find it so hard to stick to a deficit where before i easily stayed at 1,300 cals for months

ahhh i’m so stressed and just want to lose the last 25lbs (currently 142lbs, was 165lbs

1. Now that you are closer to your goal weight it's time to decrease your weekly weight loss goal.

9kjwnia17qv9.jpg

2. What % of your exercise calories do you eat back? If "none," you are in fact undereating.
  • trulyhealy
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

1. Now that you are closer to your goal weight it's time to decrease your weekly weight loss goal.

9kjwnia17qv9.jpg

2. What % of your exercise calories do you eat back? If "none," you are in fact undereating.

i feel like 25lbs is still a long way to go but now when i go the gym i allow myself to rst 1,500 if i want to but before i never used to do that and like i said i found it so easy to stick to 1,300-1,400 i just want to lose 4 more pounds to be within the 9 stone catagory.

i think if i was properly under eating i would understand where the urge to over eat comes from but it’s the fact that i’m eating almost at maintenance that’s why i’m confused 😭😭 maybe i’m just fed up but i’ve come too far to give up
  • trulyhealy
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »

I will give you little background on me op. I didn't know what satiety felt like for almost 2years. I lived soo hungry and had a stabbing on my stomach. I am an example of what can happen when you try to take your body places it doesn't want to go. The drive to eat is primal mother tucker. It will try to push you to regain lost weight until it feels happy. I suggest you look at what your goals mean to you. If you want to get leaner, I suggest you look at your diet. What are you eating when you graze? I suggest getting some counseling, buuittr... I dont think you will. I think avoiding the things you overeat on is an start. Wanna smack? Have an 80 calorie apple with a lean protein source. Meals... 1/3:lean protein, 1/3 starchy carb with little added fats, 1/3 non starchy carb on plate. Just a thought.
    Sincerely,
    UGG....

it might be because i buy low calorie snacks like fiber one 90bars and then eat them in moderation and then all of a sudden we by t to eat them all i want to stop buying them until o reach my goals but it kinda comforts me having them in the cupboard idk why
  • trulyhealy
    Options

Honey, read what you just wrote.

If your sister or best friend came to you and said, “I’m only eating 1400 calories a day, but I’m working out for hours and hours, several days a week, and I don’t feel well/ I’m eating irrationally”, what common sense advice would you give them if you really loved them?

I’m going to take a guess from your photo that you’re very, very young. I sincerely hope you have people in your life you can open up to.

Practice some truly healy on yourself. Start by loving and embracing yourself. There’s no shame. You are unique, and special, have your own talents, and are clearly a beautiful - and I mean that sincerely- young lady.

You are a rare and valuable treasure.

thank you but it’s more 1,400cals on the days i don’t workout and 1,500 - 1,600cals a day when i do and i never used to do that and hardly got the urge to i over eat
  • EmpressBarbara
    EmpressBarbara Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    1400 calories is very low. 1500 on days you work out 3-4 hours is way low. Emma Thompson said dieting destroyed her metabolism - this restrictive calorie regimen may well destroy yours. I know that's not your question - your question is - why the sudden drive to eat, when I didn't have it before? Maybe like a previous person said your body is finally saying, enough, want to get back to where I was. Another answer may lie in what you are truly hungry for. But we can't answer your question. Like Crystal075 said, talk to a professional.
  • trulyhealy
    Options
    1400 calories is very low. 1500 on days you work out 3-4 hours is way low. Emma Thompson said dieting destroyed her metabolism - this restrictive calorie regimen may well destroy yours. I know that's not your question - your question is - why the sudden drive to eat, when I didn't have it before? Maybe like a previous person said your body is finally saying, enough, want to get back to where I was. Another answer may lie in what you are truly hungry for. But we can't answer your question. Like Crystal075 said, talk to a professional.

i genuinely thought i was eating enough cals that’s why i was confused bc i’ve lost more recently while eating more in comparison i tried to really restrict in july and hardly lost anything. i want to eat more bc i like food but i’m just worried incase i eat too much and then not lose anything

and i’m honestly not sure i think it’s because i’m finally doing stuff like university, work and the gym whereas i’m comparing it to when in lockdown i didn’t do anything apart from exercise

and hopefully my body hasn’t had enough yet but i still have a huge gut (most of my weight goes there i think if it was flat i wouldn’t sim to lose 25lbs since 142lbs at 5 foot 6ish isn’t that big
  • trulyhealy
    Options
    maybe i will try upping my calories by a hundred every few weeks just to see what happens but i’ll start that once i reach 9 stone 13lbs
  • trulyhealy
    Options
    Dogmom1978 wrote: »
    Up your calories now. And for once please listen to the MANY older experienced people here who are urging you to get professional help from a licensed therapist. I keep repeating it on your posts as do others and it seems to fall on deaf ears.

i want to up my calories i jsur didn’t know that i was eating so low since it wasn’t 1,200 cals the typical low amount which i don’t think is concerning