water weight gain? or food...

Options
what is the maximum amount of water weight i can gain from drinking 1-1.5L of water and eating in a deficit if i am very dehydrated and drink only a small glass of water a week and get the rest of my 'water' from fruit and if i do not binge eat will the amount of water i gain be minimal? (i keep binging after seeing my weight go up on the scale and in the evening, my weight is the amount of food i binged on AND the water i drank for the whole day [1.8kg is an example of last time it happened} so i do not know how much i will really gain just from water if i ate normally is that makes sense.) if i do gain water weight, how many days will it take for the water to go away after being consistent with my intake of 1-1.5L per day while being in a calorie deficit? wont i carry on gaining water weight if i keep drinking this amount of water? and my last question is...if i carry on drinking 1-1.5L a day will i lose the water weight i gained and after how many days will i be able to drink as much water as i want whenever i want and not gain any weight the next evening/day?

Replies

• pfolsom35
    pfolsom35 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    On my Optavia plan I drink 84 ounces of water per day. It helps me lose weight and keeps my body flushed. If I do not drink at least 84 ounces, then my weight loss slows down. I have lost 26 lbs in 9 weeks .
  • trulyhealy
    trulyhealy Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    pfolsom35 wrote: »
    On my Optavia plan I drink 84 ounces of water per day. It helps me lose weight and keeps my body flushed. If I do not drink at least 84 ounces, then my weight loss slows down. I have lost 26 lbs in 9 weeks .

optavia is an expensive mlm pls don’t waste your money on it :(

• spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,686 Member
    Options
    The more water you drink, the more you'll pee. Your body takes what it needs and gets rid of the rest. It holds on to water when it needs to, either for necessary hydration or to help repair muscles. Some foods cause a temporary water retention but it is short term. Don't worry about it. Drink when you're thirsty. Not drinking enough can have bad consequences, like constipation and kidney issues.
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    This is a very worrying post. I strongly suggest you seek professional help. In the meantime, drink normally (to thirst, dehydration is not good for you, and guess what? Will make you retain water). And stop weighing yourself at night. Of course you weigh more when you have food and fluid in your system. Finally, WATER WEIGHT IS NOT FAT.

This, extremely worrying, please seek some help.
  • littlegreenparrot1
    littlegreenparrot1 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Please don't mess with this.
    Your body is made of water, it needs it to function. It is not an optional extra.

It really would be worth talking to a Dr about this, take care.
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Your body does not work well when dehydrated. Being dehydrated so as to avoid water weight is counterproductive. It can damage your health. If you are unhappy with your body/weight, then you need to focus on losing REAL weight as in fat.

Is your urine light or dark? If pale, almost colorless then you are getting enough water. If its darker than that, drink more water.
  • age_is_just_a_number
    Options
    Water is not fat.
    Our bodies are half water. We need water to function.
    Drink water throughout the day.
    You will not continually gain water weight because the water turns into tears, sweat, urine, stool. In other words, if you don’t drink enough water, your body has trouble and you could have dry eyes, urinary tract infections, dry hard poop.
    Drink water.
    Weigh yourself in the morning, not in the evening.
    Take care