New to Counting

Options
Hi Everyone!

My name is Mona and I am new to the site and the whole idea of counting your food portions but really need to lose this weight. I got one cause of some coworkers and saw how it is helping them and thought, well why not give it a shot what else do I have to lose lol nothing but weight!
I look forward to meeting more people and getting receipe ideas but most of all getting my sexy back. lol

Replies

• AlwaysSarah87
    Options
    Buy a food scale! Its a big help! It will be annoying at first but it does help you realize portion sizes. :) Good luck!
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I am new too....and having a little difficulty getting used to measuring stuff or determining how much 1 serving is...i'm okay so long as it doesn't ask me for ounces...if it says CUPS, i can more easily visualize that.......good luck!
  • deb_rn
    deb_rn Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great website and it is helping me in my weight loss effort. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • wildbeal
    Options
    hi im new to this and really know nothing of portion sizes or calorie counting. R eally trying to get back in athletic shape use to be decent athlete
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Definitely good to get those measuring cups and spoons out and use them. And once you think you have the hang of it, get them out again once in a while, we tend to forget just exactly what a tablespoon of dressing really looks like. You'll love this site, lots of support to give and receive, some goofing off, and fun. Oh, yah, plus its really easy to use to record your food and exercise. Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • andeygirl
    andeygirl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I had a hard time with the concept of measuring and weighing my food at first but I've lost more weight using this tool along with exercise over just exercise without tracking my food. A food scale definitely comes in handy for weighing things like meat. Good luck!
  • jessbennett1986
    Options
    Welcome!
    It takes a lot of hard work and dedication, but it can be done. Be ready for slip-ups (overeating, not working out, being sick, ect). Keep going even if you don't lose weight. I hadn't lost weight for over a month and finally the scale budged. Log in every day to be reminded why you are doing this. Friend me if you want! Oh yeah! Also, before you post questions on the forum, use the search function or google. There are a lot of people who most likely already asked the same question and people tend to be pretty brutal to those with repeat questions. Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • Minnesnowtagurl
    Minnesnowtagurl Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Hello! Yes, food scales and measuring cups are the way to go! Some Tupperware containers even have the measurements on the outside to help you pin point what a normal portion looks like. Too many of us over eat and are unaware of what a "normal" portion size looks like.
  • ladyjade68
    Options
    MONA!!!!
    I'm so glad you're on here. Don't get discouraged, especially after the first day! You can do it, and we are all here to help and encourage you!
    This will be a big eye opener to you, as it has been to me.
    I look forward to seeing your amazing progress!!!!!