September Tribal Challenge *** TNT Crew *** (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• fitnhealthyccthatsme
    Options
    Update from me:

I had fallen a wee bit behind with my job as captain. I've not received one report from one team member and I've sent a message asking if she's still in. I'm going to finish up Week 1 and send my report to Gary tonight. Week 2 is nearly done. I did some spreadsheet updating last night and I plan to report Week 2 scores when they are due.

If you've completed any bonuses, please make a note of it here or send me a message.

If you've burned a total of 1000 or more calories in a workout session, let me know about that one as well. You get bonus points for the thousand calorie burn. (For me, I just don't see how to do it... sorry).

I am itching to go to the gym & complete a 5K and should have plenty of time to do so tonight while my daughter is playing at the football game. (It's a weekly event so I can miss a few).

I think that's all for now. I appreciate you all for your communication and for sticking with September Challenge even when it's tough.

:flowerforyou:
  • reammi
    Options
    Hi Cheryl,

Tabata and bushmen are done for today.
    Calories: under
    Water: over

When I go to the gym I usually burn over 1,000 calories in one workout so I'll keep you posted when I do that. I'm very good at the treadmill at working with speed and incline intervals - I can burn lots of calories. I'm off this week so no gym. I'm very fortunate that I have a free gym at my job complete with trainers, classes and lots of equipment.

Have a good night!!!

Merri
  • CaptainMommy1
    Options
    Hey Cheryl,
    Pygmy done today 9/8...My 21st wedding anniversary!!!!
    Water over
    Calories under even with Outback and desert!!!
    Yeah!
    Have a great night!
    Cathy :-)
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've been MIA, school started up and it's really stressful...I'm out until 9 every night.
    Also I lost 2 pounds!

Pygmy Series - Completed
    Water - Over
    Calories - Under
  • KBomar2
    KBomar2 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Water: Over
    Bushmen and tabata: done
    Calories: Under
    5k run: done!
  • RubyRed1999
    RubyRed1999 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I did brush removal as my workout today burned 1422 calories. It only took me two hours and twenty minutes. :smile: I did the bushmen but forgot the tabata (sorry). I met my water and was under on my calories.
  • KierstyPants
    Options
    met the water goal
    under on calories
    pygmy done

plus, an extra mile for the day. I actually ran 3 again but oh well :D
  • fitnhealthyccthatsme
    Options
    Exercises - done
    Water - good
    Calories - good

ready for the weekend already.... well sorta.... gotta work Saturday and it's normally an off day. *sigh*

Good night all.
  • kimsciolino
    kimsciolino Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    water: Over
    Tabata: Done
    Bushman challenge over (this one was very tough, 5 minute bearwalk, 50 burpees UGH I had to take 5 sec. rest.)
    Calories way under
    Also, completed Turbo fire 30 including lower 20 ( according to calorie watch I burned 1,729 calories, YEA!!!
  • x_sotonguetied
    Options
    thursday 9/08: pygmy challenge complete, under calories, over water :)

had to really convince myself to get the exercises done today since i didn't do them this morning with my normal workout. i did it though, and i definitely feel better knowing i did them! :)

i also think i'm gonna give the 30 day shred another try. i'm always SO curious to see what kind of results i could get with it after 30 days but always get bored after the first few days. i really want to stick with it though! fingers crossed i can do it :)
  • urastupidchimp
    urastupidchimp Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Sorry I didn't check in last night! I took it as my day off but still ran/walked to burn off some Chinese buffet calories! LOL. My parents came up last night and I couldn't resist when they mentioned it :) I entered in some calories but I'm sure I ate more than it says I did on here :)

Can we get an extra point for a mile that I did? I've been doing the bushman challenges to push myself but my body is not up to the level of a 3K...I've also had an ongoing cramp feeling in my side for a couple of weeks every time I try to walk or run, even in the grocery store! Anyone know what this could be? I've been trying to push through the pain but it gets so bad it takes my breath. :(
  • fitnhealthyccthatsme
    Options
    Sorry I didn't check in last night! I took it as my day off but still ran/walked to burn off some Chinese buffet calories! LOL. My parents came up last night and I couldn't resist when they mentioned it :) I entered in some calories but I'm sure I ate more than it says I did on here :)

Can we get an extra point for a mile that I did? I've been doing the bushman challenges to push myself but my body is not up to the level of a 3K...I've also had an ongoing cramp feeling in my side for a couple of weeks every time I try to walk or run, even in the grocery store! Anyone know what this could be? I've been trying to push through the pain but it gets so bad it takes my breath. :(

Miranda,

I don't know where you were physically when you started the challenge, but your symptom seems to be due to pushing yourself too hard. I'm not sure how to explain it, but I once had a pain in my side that came from jogging during physical education class. I asked the coach why I was having the pain and she said I was out of shape. As a teenager, it hurt my feelings a bit, but whatever the case, it went away after a break and slowly getting back into the routine.

Take a rest, do some lighter exercises or none at all if need be. You should allow your body a chance to recover from the hard workouts. Make sure you are getting your protein and water. And of course, you may want to talk with your doctor about it. :-)

I'm not a physician, but I've had my share of exercise-related injuries. Please be careful and take care of yourself.

Hugs, Cheryl
  • fitnhealthyccthatsme
    Options
    thursday 9/08: pygmy challenge complete, under calories, over water :)

had to really convince myself to get the exercises done today since i didn't do them this morning with my normal workout. i did it though, and i definitely feel better knowing i did them! :)

i also think i'm gonna give the 30 day shred another try. i'm always SO curious to see what kind of results i could get with it after 30 days but always get bored after the first few days. i really want to stick with it though! fingers crossed i can do it :)

Hi Liz, I know what you mean about the convincing. I had to post my status last night about going to the gym just to keep myself accountable to going. :-) I'm looking into beginning the Couch to 5K program since one of my goals is to run a 5K. You'll do great. It helps to have accountability so report your progress as you do each day. Hugs, Cheryl
  • fitnhealthyccthatsme
    Options
    WEEK 3 PYGMY CHALLENGE SERIES SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    http://mfpchallenges.blogspot.com/

WEEK 3 –PYGMY SERIES (Basic)

Week Three Daily Exercise Challenge
    Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.

Welcome to Week 3 you are the PYGYMY TRIBE it’s time to see what you are really made of! You wanna be a BUSHMEN one day right? Make modifications as necessary and use water bottles, soup cans or my favorite Tomato Juice cans as weights! They really do work!

Day 1 - 10 Globe Jumps, 10 Burpees, 25 Toe Touches, 25 Squat Kicks, 2 mile walk, jog, run

Day 2 – 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 3 - 10 Globe Jumps, 10 Burpees, 25 Toe Touches, 25 Squat Kicks, 2 mile walk, jog, run

Day 4 - 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 5 - 10 Globe Jumps, 10 Burpees, 25 Toe Touches, 25 Squat Kicks, 2 mile walk, jog, run

Day 6 - 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVED IT! BTW If you did all the walking congratulations you completed 6 miles. A 5k is only 3.1 You've now walked 2 5K's this week! See I knew you could do it!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********

Week 3 Weekly Team Challenge

Same water and calories challenge plus 500 crunches/sit ups for the entire week! No groaning you can do this!
    Make sure you perform abdominal stretches after the crunches. They are key to a quick painless recovery. You can do the crunches anyway you want 100 a day, 50 in the a.m. 50 at night or all 500 in one day. Its up to you!

*Modification for Burpees - get down on the floor on your hands and knees (four on the floor) and then quickly go to standing position and raise your hands above your head and then immediately return to the 4 on the floor position and repeat.

*****************************************************************************
    Week 3 BUSHMEN SERIES CHALLENGES SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    *****************************************************************************
    http://mfpchallenges.blogspot.com/

WEEK 3 – BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced)

Week THREE Daily Exercise Challenge

Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.

Welcome to Week 3 you are at the 1/2 way mark! RAISE YOUR SPEARS! Make sure you begin each exercise challenge with a 4 minute tabata workout.

THIS IS ANOTHER SPARTAN 300 Cardio Workout Series.
    Attempt to do all of these series at one time. If possible do not break these up along the day.

Day 1 - 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 50 Windshield Wipers, 50 Kick Squats (don’t pop those knee joints), 50 Globe jumps (each jump up counts as one), 50 Lunges (25 each leg)

Day 2 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 3 - 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 50 Windshield Wipers, 50 Kick Squats (don’t pop those knee joints), 50 Globe jumps (each jump up counts as one), 50 Lunges (25 each leg)

Day 4 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 5 - 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 50 Windshield Wipers, 50 Kick Squats (don’t pop those knee joints), 50 Globe jumps (each jump up counts as one), 50 Lunges (25 each leg)

Day 6 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVE IT! Week 3 we’re are stepping it up to another level! BE PSYCHED!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********

Week Three Weekly Team Challenge
    Same water and calories challenge plus walk, run, jog 5 miles this week all at once. No break , No stopping!
  • KBomar2
    KBomar2 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I was looking at week three and noticed the Pygmy and Bushmen have different team challenges. If we do the 500 crunches and the 5 mile run/walk can our team get points for both? I'm up for doing both but I'm not going to kill myself if we don't get the points for it. :-)
  • urastupidchimp
    urastupidchimp Posts: 80 Member
    Options

Miranda,

I don't know where you were physically when you started the challenge, but your symptom seems to be due to pushing yourself too hard. I'm not sure how to explain it, but I once had a pain in my side that came from jogging during physical education class. I asked the coach why I was having the pain and she said I was out of shape. As a teenager, it hurt my feelings a bit, but whatever the case, it went away after a break and slowly getting back into the routine.

Take a rest, do some lighter exercises or none at all if need be. You should allow your body a chance to recover from the hard workouts. Make sure you are getting your protein and water. And of course, you may want to talk with your doctor about it. :-)

I'm not a physician, but I've had my share of exercise-related injuries. Please be careful and take care of yourself.

Hugs, Cheryl

Thanks! I took about a week and a half break at the end of August because my stomach was acting up, but I didn't run or anything right after! It doesn't bother me when I'm doing the challenges, but I'll definitely take it a little easier for a few weeks :)

Maybe I twist my body weird when I walk or something, lol.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    phew I'm sleepy!!!

exercise-completed
    water-done
    calories-awesome
  • fitnhealthyccthatsme
    Options
    I was looking at week three and noticed the Pygmy and Bushmen have different team challenges. If we do the 500 crunches and the 5 mile run/walk can our team get points for both? I'm up for doing both but I'm not going to kill myself if we don't get the points for it. :-)

Karrie,

I'll pose the question in the Captain forum and I'll let you know.

~Cheryl
  • fitnhealthyccthatsme
    Options
    phew I'm sleepy!!!

exercise-completed
    water-done
    calories-awesome

Thanks for the update Allegra :-)
  • fitnhealthyccthatsme
    Options
    Today became an official rest day for me when I fell asleep for a short nap after work and my daughter woke me up at 8pm asking if I was going to eat dinner. I knew I needed some rest, but golly! I work tomorrow. Overtime will be nice and since I'm off work at 12:30 I can get on with my challenges.