Messed my stomach up :(

Options
ReenieHJ
ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
I deal with binge-eating from time to time. :( For the last month I've been out of control. It's not even worrying about the weight I know I've gained; it's now that my stomach feels terrible. Two nights ago I was awake half the night due to cramps, bloating and belly gurgling(I sound like a commercial). It still doesn't feel right. :( Yesterday I ate carefully and more like what a "normal" person would eat in the course of a day. :/

I'm just hoping I didn't really mess my system up and things can get back to normal. Maybe it took feeling like total @RaP to get me back to more sensible eating again.

Argh, why do I do this to myself; the only one I'm hurting is me. :(

Replies

• FutureFit2020
    FutureFit2020 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I did this to myself a couple of weeks ago. It's crap, but maybe you can try and look back on this thread next time you feel yourself working toward a binge. Hope you feel better. x
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,573 Member
    Options
    I have such a sensitive stomach, I almost always feel sick and have no idea what is bothering me. I think some of it is a bread sensitivity (but I LOVE BREAD). But, some is also because of stupid eating. Snacking on chips that my kids want in the house, or drinking too much coffee, or who knows what else.

All you can do is keep trying your best and try not to beat yourself up too hard.

The good news is that you recognize the problem... which takes you one step closer to fixing it.

Much love. <3
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Find the answer to this... "Argh, why do I do this to myself; the only one I'm hurting is me. :(. "

And then work on being on a diet or routine or whatever...
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I'm really sorry to hear you're going through this. I've been there. Our stomach and intestines can take a few days to recover from unusual volumes of food or more of certain macros than we're used to. The stuff that helps me is sipping on water/herbal tea throughout the day, having regular meals that are on the lighter side (in how they impact my stomach, not necessarily low calorie), and planning fun stuff to do that will distract me from cravings for the foods that can be a problem for me. Something about recovering from stuff like this makes me, self-destructively, want to continue the behavior. I feel bad because of too much food, but I want too much food to distract me from how terrible I feel!

Pepto Bismol helps settle my stomach when it feels really rough. Peppermint tea works well for me too - maybe it's just the extra hydration, but it tastes clean and fresh and helps me feel "reset."
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    I second the peppermint recommendation. (it's got a reputation for upset tummy curing).

If you don't like tea, even a scotch mint or breath mint might help a bit.

Heck. In a pinch I used a candy cane and that helped too!
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    I struggle in October/November until I come to terms with the season. I try to get out while the sun's up (e.g., walk at lunchtime). Still, it can be hard at times.

My gut speaks to me when I've overtaxed it. It's good immediate feedback. Best of luck turning things around (again and again).
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Feeling better. :) I always jump to the scariest conclusions. :/
    It goes to show what the food we put into our bodies, can do to it.
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    Not to mention the impact mental health and stress can have!

My whole family deals with stress pains and stomach issues relating from anxiety. So if you get anxious from the binge itself, the stomach pain may be a nasty cocktail of both food sensitivity and mental distress over how much you've eaten.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Ginger tea helps settle belly issues and some gas reliever