• GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    By how many times they push the cross (street) button
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    By how they spend their free time and their money
  • ReenieHJ
    If they spend all their time talking about themselves and never let you speak,
    By their constant interrupting
  • GabiV125
    By their favorite past story, like he is having grandkids but is still talking about HS days
  • ReenieHJ
    Their graphic tees say a lot. :)
  • GabiV125
    By how many vacation T-shirts they own
  • ReenieHJ
    ythannah wrote: »
    ... Soda generally has only one meaning...

Correct! Order soda here and you will get soda.

41jf8%2BJhZJL._PIbundle-15,TopRight,0,0_AA500SH20_.jpg

cudhxtbjmx6w.png
  • ReenieHJ
    Coke IS soda, those 3 little words everyone longs to hear.

Pop is a sound, such as Jack-in-the-box goes pop.
    Pop goes the weasel.
    A button Popped off.
    Balloons Pop.

If you listen quietly to soda, it fizzles. When you take the cap off a bottle, you hear 'pssshhhh, dang I spilled it, gimme a paper towel'.

Vermonter born and bred. However my dh grew up in Rochester, NY and he moved to Vt. calling it pop. I was like 'WTH is wrong with you?'

:)
    Honestly I don't care what it gets called; I don't drink it anymore.
  • GabiV125
    By how they react when they hear a glass break sound - scream across the house “it better not be my favorite cup ...”
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,012 Member
    edited November 2020
    ythannah wrote: »
    ... Soda generally has only one meaning...

Correct! Order soda here and you will get soda.

41jf8%2BJhZJL._PIbundle-15,TopRight,0,0_AA500SH20_.jpg

In NY if you ask for a pop you just may get popped in the face.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,041 Member
    If they own a pair of crocs
  • blondeandfeistyAF13
    blondeandfeistyAF13 Posts: 1,587 Member
    If they are able to use one chapstick from beginning to end
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,041 Member

You mean without loosing it ?
  • WSOX37
    WSOX37 Posts: 1,611 Member
    Toilet paper roll
    Over or under
  • blondeandfeistyAF13
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

Yes . . . and just using the whole thing. I have so many tucked away that it is nearly impossible to ever get through a whole one (in my purse, in the car, in every coat I have, etc etc etc)
  • kdking09 wrote: »
    If they “soda” or “pop”.

It’s clearly pop 😒😬

Down here it's all a Coke
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member

Yes . . . and just using the whole thing. I have so many tucked away that it is nearly impossible to ever get through a whole one (in my purse, in the car, in every coat I have, etc etc etc)

This is me

I buy one for every place I might reasonably need one: the car, handbag, coat pocket, desk, kitchen, office, bathroom, etc

They still all manage to end up in the same spot though. I’ll desperately need one while running errands and have nothing in my bag, car, coat.. but at home I have 17 of them all by my bed 🤦🏼‍♀️
  • cowsfan12 wrote: »

I once had a green tube of Chap-et (cuz Chapstick just wasn't cheap enough) that followed my for about 4 years and made it back and forth to Germany a few times. Being the cheaper kind, it even survived a couple washings. I think it was still half full the last time I saw it.
  • blondeandfeistyAF13
    CacoEther wrote: »

This is me

I buy one for every place I might reasonably need one: the car, handbag, coat pocket, desk, kitchen, office, bathroom, etc

They still all manage to end up in the same spot though. I’ll desperately need one while running errands and have nothing in my bag, car, coat.. but at home I have 17 of them all by my bed 🤦🏼‍♀️

@CacoEther Yes!!!! This is what happens to me too! I am in awe of someone that can use the same chapstick from beginning to end. Those people have their *kitten* together! How do they not wash said chapstick? How does it not end up under the bed? I have so many questions . . . .

Instead I will continue to have 847 chapsticks next to my bed and never have any chapsticks with me when I need them which then forces me to buy a new chapstick that will inevitably end up next to my bed . . .
  • blondeandfeistyAF13

I once had a green tube of Chap-et (cuz Chapstick just wasn't cheap enough) that followed my for about 4 years and made it back and forth to Germany a few times. Being the cheaper kind, it even survived a couple washings. I think it was still half full the last time I saw it.

@will_it_go_round_in_circles The fact that you had a chapstick for 4yrs makes me questions what in the sam hell I am doing with my life . . . .