I'm New & Need Some Insperation!

Options
Hello FitnessPals!

My name is Wendy. I'm nineteen years old and had my first daughter three months ago. Before I got pregnant with my daughter I weighed in at 175 pounds. During my pregnancy, I went up to 200 pounds. Currently, I'm at 180. My goal is to be lighter than my 145 pound boyfriend. I'm new at this counting calorie thing. My mom found this site for me today and I immediately started! So far, I'm really liking it. It's 9:00 PM and I can still eat 385 calories. Therefore, I'm loving it :)

Anyway, since I'm new, I was hoping some of yall can tell me your stories. How long have you been doing this program? How much have you lost? I'm so excited to do this program. I hope it really works!

Replies

• rjhw44
    rjhw44 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Im over 50 and have lost 20 lbs using this site.. Not easy to do at this age. I love it. Use it, exercise and you will be successful. Good luck. Buying skinny clothes is better than any dessert.
  • george_ie_girl
    george_ie_girl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on getting started! I know how you feel - I hate it when men weigh less than me!

I started off at 95kg (209lbs) and am now down to 78kg (171lbs). I've used this site as an app since the end of April and honestly - stick to it because you WILL lose weight!

I suppose the main advice I can give is to enjoy losing weight and the excitement that it brings, be open with people about your goals (it's amazing how supportive friends and family can be), keep a positive attitude - even when you're feeling like crap just fake positivity and eventually it will be natural, laugh, eat well, sleep more (as you're a new mother this might be hard though!), and socialize.

Being healthy will make your life ridiculously better, in every way! Remember that!
  • emanticoff
    Options
    Hi, I am a stay at home mom of a 2 yr old. Before i had my baby, i was 115 pounds. Now I am 153 pounds. I have never been more than 120 pounds in my life. I am 38 yrs old and I think the metablolism I used to be blessed with is now lost forever. With my first child who is now 17, the pounds just came off instantly. Now is a very different story. My son was 10 pounds and I had to have a C section. My body has never been the same. I was always a very skinny girl. I would actually get made fun of for being so skinny. I had rock hard abs as well. I don't know myself anymore. It doesn't help that i hardly get out either. I grew up in New York City and I walked everywhere. Now i live in Long Island and have to drive everywhere. I swear living in the city is why i was always in great shape. I need motivation! It's hardest at night when my husband and the kids have gone to bed and it's only me and that fridge. My appetite is off the charts at night. I need some advice on how to stop eating at night. I also need motivation to excercise. When you take care of a toddler the last thing you want to do when you have down time is excercise. My goal weight is 125. I am 5"3 so all this extra weight is having an affect on my stamina in general. I also feel out of breath all the time. Does this happen to anyone else? It doesn't help that i am a beauty blogger. I am not feeling to beautiful these days. Heres my blog http://emanticoff.blogspot.com.
    Edited by emanticoff on Thu 09/08/11 09:06 PM
  • amyjthomas
    Options
    Welcome aboard. Feel free to befriend me. The more support/mfp family you have it is a lot easier and more fun:smile:
  • Porsche946
    Options
    Wendy...My name is Portia and i am 42. My friend introduce me to this site and i love it help me count mine calories and help keep track of your exercise...I been doing it now for about a week and a half...i and feel my clothes getting lose...I am sure it only inches that i have lost but i feel good anyway.At first i through i couldnt do it but for me it take some time to get the hang of it. i love the way i feel in everything i do...So hang in there and keep up the good work...You can do it...#SMILE and Stay Bless.

P.S. if you are a Woman of GOD....Prayer work
  • kmichael9079
    Options
    Hey Wendy:) Congrats on your new weight loss venture. I have only been on this "program" for 5 days and I feel GREAT!!! I am having a HUGE problem eating my calories for the day. I am alotted 1200 calories and have not got over 650 each day. I think it's really going to come back and bite me in the hiney. I am 165lbs and 5'7", my goal is around 145 too...haven't weighed yet, but am looking forward to it. I am so afraid that I am not going to have enough calories left for dinner that I really skimp during the day. My advice is for you to plan your dinner (since that is usually where most of your calories will be) then do your day around that...I should take my own advice:):) Good luck!!!
  • autumn20111
    Options
    Hi Wendy, I just started this program too,and have also entered a local weight loss challenge. Sounds like you may be lonely at night when everyone goes to bed, so you turn to food as your friend. Everyone that's overweight has done that at some time. Be sure and save a snack that is low calorie for night time. Also, I'm trying to remember the other senses we can use besides taste, listening to music, touch, smelling a candle, reading,etc. Yoga is also relaxing and fun. Also, going to bed earlier is a one way to stop the cravings. Just thinking out loud, trying to help us both.