Trying out suggestions

Options
Hey guys, I made a recent note about struggling with weight loss and had an idea. If anyone out there is successful with weight loss, could you reply something down below for me to try. I will put my measurements at the end of this. I’ve tried a lot to loose weight and really struggled, so please help me, I’ll do anything.
Weight:125.2
Height:5’2

Replies

• Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Second the above. You don’t have much to lose so your rate of loss might even be less than .5 a week.

There is no magic. CICO is all that matters. Weigh everything you eat accurately, choose the correct entries in the database, set an accurate activity level.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    @eoklin : You are a normal weight for your height. So, maybe try self-acceptance. Focus on being healthy, happy, and able to pursue your own goals.

It's ok for someone to want to improve their physique even if their starting point is within the "normal" range. I know for me it came down to body composition rather than a number on the scale. Before I started lifting seriously I'd been everywhere from 158 to 185 and didn't like my look anywhere in that range (20.8-24.4 by BMI, all "normal") because I didn't have enough muscle mass to look how I wanted. The problem was much less about the number on the scale and the fact that my body fat was ~18-20%. Five years of consistent strength training and meticulously monitoring intake and macros has brought me to around 12% in the mid 170s and I'm far stronger, healthier, and happy in my own skin.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    steveko89 wrote: »
    @eoklin : You are a normal weight for your height. So, maybe try self-acceptance. Focus on being healthy, happy, and able to pursue your own goals.
    It's ok for someone to want to improve their physique even if their starting point is within the "normal" range.

Yes! It's also OK if someone wants to focus elsewhere, right? What sucks is when you pointlessly beat yourself up about something to the point that it gets in the way of accomplishing more substantial goals.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    steveko89 wrote: »
    It's ok for someone to want to improve their physique even if their starting point is within the "normal" range.

Yes! It's also OK if someone wants to focus elsewhere, right? What sucks is when you pointlessly beat yourself up about something to the point that it gets in the way of accomplishing more substantial goals.

I think we have insufficient evidence to conclude that OP isn't accomplishing more substantial goals.

OP isn't obligated to focus on this, they're at a healthy weight. But "vanity goals" are okay and asking for help to achieve them is okay too.

I am close to OP's height. I like the way my body looks and performs more when I'm under 120.
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    at 5'2" and 125 lbs You are a good weight for your height. I would suggest you consider more of a re comp, eat at a maintenance level and follow a smart weight lifting program, like Starting Strength , or Strong Curves. You will lose some fat & maybe gain some muscle. Your weight might not change much, but you will look & feel better. You can cut your cal by 200 per day after a while if you feel the need , but you may not have too.
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    I log all my calories accurately & honestly by using a food scale whenever possible. I don't 'taste' food as I'm cooking it. I don't often eat food for which I must estimate at the calorie content and/or quantity consumed. I aim for 1400-1700 calories per day, which based on me is a good range to have a very small deficit. I am almost at goal weight (132.8 now, goal to be between 128-130), so I have no need to lose a great deal weekly. I try to focus on health & wellbeing, by doing body weight strength exercises 4-5 days each week.
  • eoklin
    eoklin Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your insight. Before I started I was happy with my weight but then I started to become more insecure. I’m surrounded by many people that are a lot more thin than me, so I just wanted to lose a few!
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    eoklin wrote: »
    Thanks for all your insight. Before I started I was happy with my weight but then I started to become more insecure. I’m surrounded by many people that are a lot more thin than me, so I just wanted to lose a few!

Then body recomp would be a good place to look instead of just weight loss. You can weigh more and look thinner than others as muscle mass takes up less space than fat does 😊

One of the many reasons I engage in strength training.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    @janejellyroll and others: I know this is a diet web site, so we're mostly dieters. But, if you've tried everything else and not gotten anywhere, and you are at a healthy weight anyway, then self-acceptance is certainly a fine option. There are other options as well. Pick a course of action that works for you, considering all your life goals together.