Starting my weight loss journey

So I’m here again trying to lose weight for the umpteenth time. This time is different though, as I’m posting my progress online for motivation! I’ve struggled with my weight since childhood, with yo yo dieting and have tried so many different weight loss plans, but always come back to square 1. I’ve got to a stage where I’m so uncomfortable about my body and am conscious about my heath as I’m growing older. I refuse to buy any new clothes as I want to fit into my size 10/12 again!

5ft tall
currently 11.9 stone.
Aim 9 stone

Replies

• nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    I totally understand the clothing bit. That is what forced me to take action once upon a time. My clothes were not fitting 'well' and I did not want to have to buy 'plus' size clothing.

Did you go thru the guided setup with Myfitnesspal? It really as simple as eating at a deficit, and keeping track of everything you consume. Using a food scale helps to improve accuracy. And in my opinion - if you have fitness/health goals that helps as well. If you can focus on improving health and fitness, so that 'weight loss' is not your ONLY objective I think its useful. This does not mean you have to start with something major. Perhaps make it a goal to do 10-15 minutes of stretching/yoga each day. Or to walk a little each day, and increase the amount every so often. To drink more water/less diet soda. (That one is personal, not everyone has my inclination to drinking diet soda lol.)

• RitaDLara2104
    RitaDLara2104 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello I am new to this site and this would be my first entry, I'm in Houston Texas and am I using this to keep accountable I find it does help to log and food and activity. On my journey to drop 40lbs. Any friends to chat with and maybe trade advise or whatever it might be. Anyone on my level here?
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Welcome!!!! Im a long time yo yo'er. I've loss 40 gained 30, loss 20 gained 20 etc so many times. This time my wake up call has been making small changes for long term success. It has worked. I dont have a huge deficit, no foods off limits. I exercise because i love it, not to work off the extra caloires i ate. Im down 94lbs with 20 to go.
    You can do this!!
  • nmug2011
    nmug2011 Posts: 4 Member
    I totally understand the clothing bit. That is what forced me to take action once upon a time. My clothes were not fitting 'well' and I did not want to have to buy 'plus' size clothing.

Did you go thru the guided setup with Myfitnesspal? It really as simple as eating at a deficit, and keeping track of everything you consume. Using a food scale helps to improve accuracy. And in my opinion - if you have fitness/health goals that helps as well. If you can focus on improving health and fitness, so that 'weight loss' is not your ONLY objective I think its useful. This does not mean you have to start with something major. Perhaps make it a goal to do 10-15 minutes of stretching/yoga each day. Or to walk a little each day, and increase the amount every so often. To drink more water/less diet soda. (That one is personal, not everyone has my inclination to drinking diet soda lol.)

Yes, I’ve been a member for a while but have always gone of track after losing the weight. I agree, looking at it from a different perspective instead of thinking that I’m on a diet and make small changes. I’ve just invested in a jump rope so see how that goes.
  • nmug2011
    nmug2011 Posts: 4 Member
    Fflpnari wrote: »
    Welcome!!!! Im a long time yo yo'er. I've loss 40 gained 30, loss 20 gained 20 etc so many times. This time my wake up call has been making small changes for long term success. It has worked. I dont have a huge deficit, no foods off limits. I exercise because i love it, not to work off the extra caloires i ate. Im down 94lbs with 20 to go.
    You can do this!!

Thanks, makes sense not to go overboard, but take small steps :)