OMG it is Candy Corn season.....how will I survive?

Options

Replies

• skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I love candy corn too :)
    Just have a little each day :)
  • beaverneiv184
    beaverneiv184 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I buy it and bring it to work and share. I eat a little bit, and the people I work with devour the rest. Don't open it until you are at work.
  • nomorefatbitch
    Options
    MODERATION....

Only have some here and there... for special reasons... make sure if you buy some... its only a little!!!!!!

Hmmm...special reasons like...

It's Monday?

It's Tuesday?

It's daytime?

It's nighttime?

I'm awake?

Just wonderin'
  • cm2two
    cm2two Posts: 194
    Options
    LOL

tyou could totally buy the bag and baggie it into the portions it says on the back .. and only have ONE BAGGIE at a time :)
  • cm2two
    Options
    that waty its portioned out is what i meant to say, but you probably figured that out already (damn wine)
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Candy corn? Eww... I like the mini snickers bars myself... or even better.. kit kats!!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Um, don't buy it?!?!?!?!

that doesn't sound like a fun idea!

I agree!!
  • cm2two
    Options
    Candy corn? Eww... I like the mini snickers bars myself... or even better.. kit kats!!

EVIL (snickers in the freezer)
  • nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Options

Well chocolate candy bars...that is just in a category of its own! I don't even want to think about Halloween Candy. Luckily, I don't have kids or trick-or-treaters but I still get tempted to buy a bag for myself :wink: I can't help walking down the candy aisles at Target!
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm not really a fan of candy corn but it's also caramel apple, apple pie and apple cinnamon doughnut holes season....rawr.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Candy corn is ok but what is worse is those little snack size/fun size chocolate bars like Kit Kats, Snickers, Almond Joys, Mounds, and Nestle Crunches... *drooling on keyboard* If and when I buy the Halloween candy, I'll be eating about two or three per day till I give them to my husband to take to work or find some other way to get them out of the house!!
  • nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I used to love the stuff too! I just keep reminding myself how nasty and waxy it feels in my mouth. Make yourself hate it. You can do it!

Haha when I was in college, my roommate and I ate so much and our other friends didn't understand why we liked it so much so I said " I love the way it coats your throat" Definitely ate too much that night. and I still can't live that quote down lol
  • SimplyLiving21
    Options
    Measure out your servings and keep it hidden the rest of the time! If there is something I know I can't leave alone I won't even bring it into the house.
  • shabydonner
    shabydonner Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Gotta say, I hate Halloween but I always love all the fresh fall candy when it comes out, that is going to be a hard one for me too. Doesn't help that my birthday is also in October so I tend to be a little less strict with a lot of things that time of year. While I like them I can resist candy corn but the peanut butter cups and when I can find them the Hershey nut collection of mini candy bars are my weaknesses. So far (been at this for about 2 months now) I have done ok at sticking to small servings of this kind of stuff, but I am a little concerned about the holidays in general. Its just not Christmas without baking Christmas cookies for me. I'm got going to have to limit how may I eat as once this year and try to make them a little healthier if that's possible. Like others have said, moderation is key. I personally don't believe in denying myself of anything completely but for some people that doesn't work, only you know your will power and if it is too hard to have them in the house don't. If you work that might be the best place to enjoy. I totally agree with the small baggie portion idea. I will take a regular portion and divide it in half, thirds, or even fourths to make myself fell a little less guilty but still get that taste.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Gotta say, I hate Halloween but I always love all the fresh fall candy when it comes out, that is going to be a hard one for me too. Doesn't help that my birthday is also in October so I tend to be a little less strict with a lot of things that time of year. While I like them I can resist candy corn but the peanut butter cups and when I can find them the Hershey nut collection of mini candy bars are my weaknesses. So far (been at this for about 2 months now) I have done ok at sticking to small servings of this kind of stuff, but I am a little concerned about the holidays in general. Its just not Christmas without baking Christmas cookies for me. I'm got going to have to limit how may I eat as once this year and try to make them a little healthier if that's possible. Like others have said, moderation is key. I personally don't believe in denying myself of anything completely but for some people that doesn't work, only you know your will power and if it is too hard to have them in the house don't. If you work that might be the best place to enjoy. I totally agree with the small baggie portion idea. I will take a regular portion and divide it in half, thirds, or even fourths to make myself fell a little less guilty but still get that taste.

Same here. Only I love to cook/bake, not just at Christmas but all year long! Portion control aka moderation is definitely key. Another big help is finding low fat recipes like those on Ginas Skinny Recipes site. So, when Im making my Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal cookies tomorrow, we'll see how I do!! (hehe) I also "hide" my Halloween candy in the cupboard so Im not looking at it all day long. I might buy the candy later this year and get rid of it sooner... just so I dont have it around. Chocolate isn't necessarily bad but Im not so sure that I can limit myself to one bar every day (or less).
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    LOL my weakness is around Easter time.. Those darn Cadbury Eggs get me every time!!!
  • geekymom57
    geekymom57 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    If you eat each piece of candy corn individually AND eat each segment of the piece separately (nibble off the white tip, then the orange, then the top part) you can make a little bit last a lot longer. Of course, I am from a family where OCD tendencies are manifested in everyday activities such as eating candy corn in the manner described or sorting Smartees by color and organizing them into a geometric pattern, and then eating the pattern in a systematic way. It's also why MFP is such a good tool for me--OCD-like logging, weighing, portioning, etc. are normal behaviors.:laugh:
  • lclarkjr
    lclarkjr Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Man, I am so happy I am training for a December marathon this year. That means I am in the thick of my training during delicious fall treat season. Halloween and Thanksgiving will taste so wonderful after a couple 18 and 20 mile runs.
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    If you eat each piece of candy corn individually AND eat each segment of the piece separately (nibble off the white tip, then the orange, then the top part) you can make a little bit last a lot longer. Of course, I am from a family where OCD tendencies are manifested in everyday activities such as eating candy corn in the manner described or sorting Smartees by color and organizing them into a geometric pattern, and then eating the pattern in a systematic way. It's also why MFP is such a good tool for me--OCD-like logging, weighing, portioning, etc. are normal behaviors.:laugh:

:bigsmile: :laugh: Too funny, but truthfully you say it like there could be another way to eat them?! Almond and Peanut M&M's are my OCD downfall. Drives my wifes nut's (no pun intended) gotta separate by color, eat them by size small to large and keep the numbers even.
    Happy Halloween Everyone!:devil:
  • geekymom57
    geekymom57 Posts: 176 Member
    Options

:bigsmile: :laugh: Too funny, but truthfully you say it like there could be another way to eat them?! Almond and Peanut M&M's are my OCD downfall. Drives my wifes nut's (no pun intended) gotta separate by color, eat them by size small to large and keep the numbers even.
    Happy Halloween Everyone!:devil:
    So true! I completely relate. I remember almost gasping in shock when I saw my then-boyfriend (now husband) toss a handful of M&Ms in his mouth. I don't think I had ever seen that done. One of my sisters knew that she'd found the man she'd marry when she saw his sock drawer was organized by color and type of sock, and he ate his M&Ms one by one, by color. I guess it takes all types.