Mine is NOT a Success Story

Options
2»

Replies

• RedDogGotFat
    RedDogGotFat Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational!!! I have slipped over the last few days and ended up gaining on my weekly weigh in. Your post has renewed my motivation.
  • fionamaryan
    fionamaryan Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have not logged onto mfp for a while, but am I ever glad I did this morning! The oh-so-humble line hidden mid-post to say that you have lost 250lbs deserves a huge bold italic font with three lines of happy face emojis around it!! Love your style of writing - have you ever considered writing a book?
  • suzij27
    suzij27 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    It was a daily process of incremental change. That is why it had to be easy. That is why it had to feel mostly normal and not like I was "dieting" for almost 3 years. You have to find your happy and your normal in as many days as you can along the way. That way you can more easily weather the bad ones. Do not go out of your way to make days harder. That is what I always did. It always led to failure.

The process of weight loss should be as boringly easy as it can be.

Thank you for sharing your experience so openly. Your perspective is an empowering message for those of us that have gone up and down the scale over the years. I have to remember this is a journey. To stay committed and be at peace, I need to even out the highs and lows as much as possible.
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    As I mentioned I didn't do it all perfectly. I made mistakes. I had my share of weak moments. I even planned to eat more than I needed on occasion. When you create a landslide of right choices the wrong or possibly questionable ones get swept under.

I love this, and I am another who needed to hear it today, especialyl the bit I have quoted. Thank you so much for sharing, and congratulations on losing 250 lbs! (That's actually more than I have ever weighed, which is quite a thought.)
  • weblur
    weblur Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing this! I really needed to hear this today.
  • caseydimples
    caseydimples Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Like many before me have said - great post and I needed to read this today. Thanks for sharing.
  • jonesite
    jonesite Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your inspiring story. I really needed to be inspired today, I am having a difficult time getting myself on track and I agree with you that we do make it more difficult than it should be putting barriers up at every turn. Make it easy, that is going to be my new mantra! I look forward to other posts you may write.
  • darwod1
    darwod1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Your post was so calm, so full of common sense that it inspired me. You said you weren't perfect (well, maybe not those words, but your words meant that). It is what I needed to hear. I will come back and read it often.
  • Butterfly_Ninja3
    Butterfly_Ninja3 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I loved this!!!!
  • mssue18
    mssue18 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational journey. Thinking I am going to be doing this for years is boring. I am hoping it will be successful. Sometimes it is just not easy no matter how much I try to make it so. I’m just glad to have a variety of foods to choose from as I’m losing weight. I’ve lost almost 10 lbs. so far this time. I’ve gotten a good start. Thanks for your insight!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    mssue18 wrote: »
    Very inspirational journey. Thinking I am going to be doing this for years is boring. I am hoping it will be successful. Sometimes it is just not easy no matter how much I try to make it so. I’m just glad to have a variety of foods to choose from as I’m losing weight. I’ve lost almost 10 lbs. so far this time. I’ve gotten a good start. Thanks for your insight!

@mssue18

Congrats on losing 10 pounds. That is great.

As far as it being boring... I can't think of much that is more exciting. The time I have spent so far has radically altered the trajectory and quality of my life. My life before all of this was boring and small. If it had been far harder it still would have been worth it. Waking up without dragging all of that extra me around is like Christmas morning many days... not all days... nothing in life is a constant parade and if anyone tries to sell you that you know they are full of crap.

You are right. Sometimes it won't be easy. But it should not be constantly hard.

But I do understand that not everyone will gain as much as I have by losing as much as I had to lose. Maybe your life is pretty great now and carrying excess weight is not having that much of an impact.

• Hagensieker
    Hagensieker Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Forgetting your journey for a moment here but that was also an amazingly well written story. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that you should write an entire book about this.
  • AngelaHButterfly
    AngelaHButterfly Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Beautifully written. Very inspirational. Thank you!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,596 Member
    Options
    I missed your post the first time around; so very glad I stumbled into it today!

As I suspect you know... I agree!
    With almost everything you write.
    In general...
    ...and today--except for that errant "NOT" :innocent:
  • mssue18
    mssue18 Posts: 117 Member
    Options

@mssue18

As far as it being boring... I can't think of much that is more exciting. The time I have spent so far has radically altered the trajectory and quality of my life. My life before all of this was boring and small. If it had been far harder it still would have been worth it. Waking up without dragging all of that extra me around is like Christmas morning many days... not all days... nothing in life is a constant parade and if anyone tries to sell you that you know they are full of crap.

You are right. Sometimes it won't be easy. But it should not be constantly hard.

But I do understand that not everyone will gain as much as I have by losing as much as I had to lose. Maybe your life is pretty great now and carrying excess weight is not having that much of an impact.

@mssue18

@mssue18

@NovusDies
    I can understand the excitement of this journey. The more I am doing this the more I am learning about myself. I am finding my own strengths and accomplishments of how to lose weight. I can actually go through a week of not being so focused on my calorie intake and exercise and even gain a little. But I can see my strength in that I am able to refocus and get back on track just because losing weight is important to me.
    It’s not easy for me, but being successful when it’s not easy is very rewarding. I hope I will feel it just as rewarding on the easy days.
    I haven’t felt such a big impact on carrying less weight around yet. I am looking forward to losing enough weight to actually feel lighter. I think that will feel thrilling. Just that alone will be such a change. I have a lot to learn about what the kind of results I will have will do for my life. I want to feel better and be healthier and I am looking forward to the changes.
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Be_theBest_Me Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I needed this!! I friended you as well!! I need more hero's in my life!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!