new member trying to get strong :)

sierra_bravo1
sierra_bravo1 Posts: 2 Member
edited November 2020 in Introduce Yourself
Hello,
I'm a new member and currently focusing a lot of my time of my health and fitness.
I struggle with trying to gain weight and have struggled for the last year or two,
any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

feel free to add me :smile:

Replies

• NeylanConnor
    NeylanConnor Posts: 2 Member
    Good luck!
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,872 Member
    Find higher calorie foods. I dont have this issue, my youngest son however does, he is 11 and the size of an average 7 year old weight wise. He is skinny as heck, and just shy of being under weight, Its a constant battle to get him to consume enough calories, he has a very very high metabolism. He drinks a breakfast essential shake with his breakfast most mornings. He loves peanut butter. I buy single serving cups of peanut butter, and he eats 3 to 4 of those a week. Premiere protein shakes are a great protein source but not a ton of calories, but 160 calories you could add to a meal. Nuts, cheese, avocado are all healthier highish calorie sources.
  • sierra_bravo1
    sierra_bravo1 Posts: 2 Member
    lovely thank you :) good luck with your son.
    i know the feeling having a high metabolism i'm hoping one day it just disappears.
  • NorthStar77
    NorthStar77 Posts: 1,078 Member
    lovely thank you :) good luck with your son.
    i know the feeling having a high metabolism i'm hoping one day it just disappears.

I'm the other end of the scale!!! ;)
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Welcome!
    This thread is great with tips and food ideas to help you get the calories in.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1
    If you have any other questions you can come over to the gaining section of the forum, there are a few of us trying to gain over there (myself included)

Good luck!