Frustrated with my yo-yo dieting!

Options
Hi all! I need some support because, when I look at all these nutrition and health coach groups I can join, the only thing I seem to be missing is SUPPORT.

About 8 years ago I lost 40 lbs using MFP. I watched my calories. I did Jillian Michaels workouts. I felt AMAZING.

But then I got a divorce. I gained weight. My BP is high. My clothes don't fit. And now I'm remarried and my husband and kids all love southern cooking.

I KNOW how to lose weight. I am actively choosing NOT to do the things I know I need to do in order to lose. I am NOT tracking calories. I AM eating sweets (and not in moderation!). I AM eating too large of portions. I am doing yoga but I am NOT doing any heart-pumping workouts.

And every time I see groups of friends with "success stories" and I look more into what they've chosen to do, the one thing I see is that they have a support system. They have a system of accountability.

What is the best way to use MFP to be accountable to a group of people? HELP!

Replies

• Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Well, while support is nice and all, it all comes down to YOU. You need to be committed, YOU need to be ready to stick with it and track again. You need to be accountable to yourself. You need to find the reasons you WANT this and keep them forefront whenever you feel like slipping again.

That said, I belong to a group that is very supportive here. Im in the section called “shrinking assets”.
  • BunnieMommie
    BunnieMommie Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    We sound alike! I lost 35+ lbs, with diet and exercise (with a good 6 months with a personal trainer). We had several moves, life happened, almost got a divorce, home life and work got in the way. And I lost motivation. Now I’m back to get myself healthy. For me it was pure laziness for not taking care of myself. Now, it’s pretty much get healthy or suffer. I’m really trying hard to watch my calorie intake and watch what I eat. I need to get back to exercise. But I think with determination and will power we BOTH can do this!!