I'm sick and tired of it...

Options
LIVE RIGHT FOR YOUR BLOOD TYPE *Dr. Peter J.D'Adamo*...I'm going to try this for 3 months as a Type 0 Negative individual...if it decreases my inflammation and chronic food sensitivities than this will be my lifestyle eating journey! This book claims to be the individualized prescription for maximizing health, metabolism and vitality in every stage of my life! It gives you a plan of what to eat and not to eat, vitamins to take, exercises and much more! In present situation, I have sciatica and a pinch nerve, I'm overweight and I have inflammation basically from top to bottom. Got my lab work back today and everything was good except my CRP *inflammation markers* and my A1C which is 6.8 and it should be under 5.6. So I've decided that I'm going strong... #ImReady2LiveWithoutPain #StayTunedStayPosted

Replies

• angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is to try an anti inflammatory diet! It helped me a lot
  • sarah12277
    sarah12277 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I tried this many years ago when it was first coming out. I thought I was Type A at the time. Many of the suggestions are a bit generalized. I did lose weight as I was switching high calorie foods (french fries) to low calorie foods (soup). They offered a lot of high fiber suggestions so wasn't all bad. But I agree with the others that there's no real science to back it up. Many years after this time period I found out I actually was Type O, which is almost a total opposite of the plan for A. I also had identified different intolerances that were in the majority of the plan.

Certainly you can try it to see if it helps but basic calorie goal and some exercise would help with it just as much from what I saw.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,402 Member
    Options
    Those with type O blood should choose high-protein foods and eat lots of meat, vegetables, fish, and fruit but limit grains, beans, and legumes. To lose weight, seafood, kelp, red meat, broccoli, spinach, and olive oil are best; wheat, corn, and dairy are to be avoided.

So if you're a type O and happen to be vegetarian you're basically *kitten*. Well, I suppose you could still eat fake meat to get your high protein diet, but... hmm..