Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Name your favorite substitute

ex. Mashed potatoes = Mashed Cauliflower

Replies

• ice cream= nonfat frozen yogurt
  • litebright33
    litebright33 Posts: 19 Member
    Oh that is such a good one! I make Shepard's Pie using mashed cauliflower and ground turkey instead. Soo good :)
  • sour cream = nonfat plain greek yogurt

and

3 huge scoops dreyers double fudge brownie ice cream = one square Lindt Dark chocolate with sea salt. (Don't ask how, it works.)
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    I am with OP.

Mashed potatoes = mashed cauliflower ..... Tastes fantastic.
  • mursey
    mursey Posts: 191 Member
    sugar = stevia
    pasta = kelp noodles or Miracle Noodle
    Starbucks Pumpkin Lattes = home made smoothie with coffee, scoop of canned organic pumpkin, stevia, pumpkin pie spice, and dairy or unsweetened coconut milk, and protein powder (vanilla, cinnamon, or cake batter flavor . . something that goes with it)
  • Angellore
    Angellore Posts: 519 Member
    I can't get on with the mashed cauliflower thing! I tried it and it just wasn't the same for me. I'd rather 'spend' a few extra cals on proper spuds.

I like Nakd 'nudie' bars instead of chocolate.They are 100% raw and natural and taste yum! About half the cals of a standard choclate bar and a lot less fat. I do still have chocolate sometimes though, but these really stop the cravings! http://www.naturalbalancefoods.co.uk/
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Milkshake = Protein shake with almond milk, chocolate protein powder, and a little peanut butter. I freeze some almond milk to use as the ice cubes in it so the flavor doesn't get watered down!