me or the personal trainer

Options
My personal trainer is now a distributor of BodyVi -- shakes etc. She kind of keeps nagging me to start the program because her 2 other clients lost 8 lbs in 2 weeks. I do NOT want to go on one of this programs because I want to lose weight by changing my lifestyle. I'm not going to drink those shakes everyday for the rest of my life. So, its just not going to happen. She said supposedly some insurances will pay for it, and is "going to get me that information". I've been telling her no thank you for amonth...but the persistance is still there.

Also, my cardio heart rate is usually 160-170 and while we were both on ellipticals she asked what mine was: 160. Then preceded to say stuff about if her heart rate would never be up there and how hers was probably 110 right now (as were were both doing the same thing. I just found it rude...perhaps I was slightly sensitive. Who knows.

A lady asked her the same day what her body fat percentage was saying "Its probably zero" and my personal trainers response was "oh, its 11" and sounded disgusted. Like it was too high. Umm..my BFP is almost 5x that!!!!

Perhaps we aren't compatible. Perhaps I'll finish off the sessions I have already purchased. Thoughts?

Replies

• Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    I would get a new trainer!
  • suzi67
    suzi67 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking drop her like all bad habits!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Time for a new trainer. She doesn't have you and your best interests in mind.

I'd tell her and her shakes "See ya later!"
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    uh, I'd get a new trainer and not drink those shakes, if you don't want to
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else. You need a new trainer. I think you know this.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    That's like trying to objectively buy laundry detergent with an Amway rep. Clearly there is another agenda. Lose that trainer.
  • chickenpoppa
    chickenpoppa Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Get a new trainer. Doesnt look like she wants what is best for you and she shouldnt be pushing those shakes on to you if you dont want to use them.
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    A good friend of mine has dieted using shakes. He lost weight. Then he put the weight back on.

Shakes help you lose weight fast but I can't see them teaching you how to eat for your metabolism correctly. They seem to set you up more for yoyo dieting, which I have heard is more damaging to the healthy than maintaining a stable high weight
  • danizaga
    danizaga Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    get a new trainer
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    is there any way you can get a refund on the sessions you've prepaid? you know this trainer isn't a good fit for you... why would you continue?
  • jminette
    Options
    New trainer!! She doesn't care what's best for you
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    your trainer sounds like a freaking idiot - 11% body fat for a lady is REALLY REALLY LOW, low like I'd say she doesn't know what she's talking about (unless she looks like she is literally ALL muscle and bones? Does she?). Girls who are 11% bodyfat KNOW they are because they have to work crazy hard for it.

And yeah I'd say her heart rate talk as well as her pushing the shakes is ridiculous. Drop it like its hot. She sucks.

And find out if she's got a real certification or if she's just some bimbo who works out a bunch. Your trainer should have something legit like an ACE certification. I noticed that the trainers at 24 hour fitness are not required to have anything like that, they just go through 24 hour fitnesses certification - I talked to one of their trainers once and she was an idiot.
  • Fatguy2Fitguy
    Fatguy2Fitguy Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Drop her like a toilet seat!
  • AlwaysSarah87
    Options
    I have had a bad personal trainer before too! Def talk to someone ASAP and get a new trainer! Good luck! :)
  • chickenpoppa
    chickenpoppa Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Drop her like a toilet seat!

haha
  • Keiora
    Keiora Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Honestly, if you're working with her through a gym or fitness centre I would speak with the manager.... Explain what is going on and that it's making you uncomfortable then ask if you can transfer your remaining sessions to a different trainer or get a refund. If she's acting this way toward you she's likely doing the same thing to other clients... I sincerely doubt the gym (if there is one) is thrilled that she'd be pushing a product down your throat like that. You need to drop her, quick... To be frank she kinda sounds like a *kitten*. Just sayin'.
  • Fight2bFiT
    Fight2bFiT Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    wow, yea, i would get someone who isnt interested in all "her" stuff and is more interested in YOU. i mean you are payin for her. doesnt sound like she really cares to do for you what you are looking for. FIND A NEW ONE :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    You'd love me as your trainer.
  • britterbrittney
    britterbrittney Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    You'd love me as your trainer.

How much?
    ...wait why?
  • britterbrittney
    britterbrittney Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Also, I guess I did KNOW I needed a new trainer. The problem is....her boss....is the owner....and also has clients on bodyvi. That is the problem. Also, if they won't refund the money....this causes a problem too. I do not like confrontations....at all. It makes me nervous thinking about her trying to talk to me face to face about it...EEK!!!

I dont want to drink the yucky shakes. '

Also, you guys are awesome.