Chili's Honey Chipotle Crispers 1,930 Cals, 108 g Fat!!

Options
2»

Replies

• khollyk
    khollyk Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • nikkijean8
    nikkijean8 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You just made me so happy! And I'm never getting those at chili's ever again, btw. :)
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    The first time I saw the nutritional facts for those, I just about fainted. I have a girlfriend that LOVES them, and I have a seriously hard time watching her eat them. Sure they are good, but not 1,930 calories of good. I'd rather have a salad, thank you.
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Amazing how many calories add up when you eat out, isn't it! Thanks for posting your recipe. Looks delish! Will certainly have to try it!

By the way.... my favorite thing at Chili's is their Chocolate Lava Cake..... to die for.... but I can just imagine how many calories is in that yummy delight! :noway:
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    YUM! Thanks for the recipe.

When I didn't care what I ate I would always order the regular Chicken Crispers with corn and fries and loads of honey mustard sauce... no wonder I am obese!!!! Never again...
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    bUmP!!!

you're my hero!

we've actually worked out a chili's tactic - my husband and i order the caribbean salad and the triple dipper with honey chipotle chicken crispers, southwestern eggrolls and fried cheese. i eat half the salad, two cheese sticks and one each of the other appetizers - it comes out to 930 calories - not wonderful, but it's great for when we go out with friends or have something to celebrate - and the sodium isn't out the roof like some other places.

but...i am majorly looking forward to trying out this recipe! i would not mind shaving another 700 calories off of my chili's fix!
  • JENIFER_AZ
    JENIFER_AZ Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Exactly why I like cooking my meals at home. You can control what you and your family eats!
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    where do you find chipotle pepper puree? i know it's probably at the grocery store, but would it be with baking supplies, spices, is it refrigerated? anyone know? i'm terrible at finding new things at the store!
  • mama050709
    Options
    WOWZA!
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    where do you find chipotle pepper puree? i know it's probably at the grocery store, but would it be with baking supplies, spices, is it refrigerated? anyone know? i'm terrible at finding new things at the store!

I bought chipotles in adobo sauce in a can and pureed them in my blender! Same thing.
  • MrsPhan11
    MrsPhan11 Posts: 2,502 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • bslic
    bslic Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Yummy cannot wait to try this. Those were my go-to meal, too. "cept, I would nix the corn and get double mashed potatoes <blush>

Check the Mexican food section in your market. I have a can of those peppers in my pantry now. Most recipes don't call for much, so I've been waiting for a few recipes to come along and use the whole thing. Did you use the whole thing or just a few peppers and sauce?
  • smartipants
    Options
    Bump! Thanks!
  • britterbrittney
    britterbrittney Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Um, OP...are we twins. I crave this all the time. Thanks for the recipe!!!
  • campsallmel
    Options
    I am totally feeling you on this post.... I am so ticked tonight! I just started using MyFitness Plus and I went out to eat at Chili's and had the Chicken Club Quesadillas.. it set me back 1780 calories.. I haven't eaten that many calories in one day in who knows how long....,man did I wish I had MY FITNESS PAL on my phone before I made that choice.. should have stuck with the Margarita Grilled Chicken. No wonder our society is huge with plates that exceed a full day of calories in one plate...GRR! Thanks for the recipe!
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Yummy cannot wait to try this. Those were my go-to meal, too. "cept, I would nix the corn and get double mashed potatoes <blush>

Check the Mexican food section in your market. I have a can of those peppers in my pantry now. Most recipes don't call for much, so I've been waiting for a few recipes to come along and use the whole thing. Did you use the whole thing or just a few peppers and sauce?

Only used 2 tsp of the pureed peppers.