Options
2»

Replies

• crystalbluewolf13
    crystalbluewolf13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Dogmom1978 wrote: »
    Snugbug6 wrote: »
    Are you including literally everything that passes your lips? Including all liquids that aren't water?

Yes

No you aren’t as you said above that you don’t use a food scale. Measure half a cup of oatmeal for example in a measuring cup, then weigh that same half cup (I tried this experiment this morning as an FYI), my “1/2 cup” measured was a serving and a half instead of the serving it was supposed to be.

Weigh with a food scale, it will be eye opening!

I do use a food scale. I measure everything INCLUDING the measuring cups and they are generally the same and if not I account for this when I add them to my diary
  • crystalbluewolf13
    edited November 2020
    Options
    So if I use a 125ml measuring cup for milk for cereal and it weighs as less or more then that's the number I put in the diary not the cup. I use it as an estimate not the final figure
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    That seems like more work than it’s worth. I would just put the bowl on the scale and pour my milk in, but I want less dishes to clean 😜

Either your tracking is off somewhere (make your diary public and we can help see if we spot common errors), you are overestimating exercise calories (ex: I’ve seen people say they burned 800 calories during 45 min exercise; highly unlikely unless your at or close to elite athlete who can go full on for the entire duration) or you have your activity level set wrong (ex: lightly active when you are actually sedentary).
  • crystalbluewolf13
    Options
    That seems like more work than it’s worth. I would just put the bowl on the scale and pour my milk in, but I want less dishes to clean 😜

Either your tracking is off somewhere (make your diary public and we can help see if we spot common errors), you are overestimating exercise calories (ex: I’ve seen people say they burned 800 calories during 45 min exercise; highly unlikely unless your at or close to elite athlete who can go full on for the entire duration) or you have your activity level set wrong (ex: lightly active when you are actually sedentary).

I did an experiment over the weekend. For the past few weeks I've been eating under 1,900 calories (1,300-1,800) and loosing nothing. So I ate up to or over 1,900 calories this weekend and I've lost 2lb this morning
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,435 Member
    Options

I did an experiment over the weekend. For the past few weeks I've been eating under 1,900 calories (1,300-1,800) and loosing nothing. So I ate up to or over 1,900 calories this weekend and I've lost 2lb this morning

So, you likely lost water or poop weight. Bowel movement can be triggered by eating more fat. And some people are also whooshers: they eat at a deficit for a week or two and nothing seems to happen because they hold more onto water. And then suddenly they constantly run to the loo and finally notice their weight loss. Rinse and repeat.
  • minnelizzy
    minnelizzy Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You have to really measure your food and portion until you get the hang of it- then even still maybe. And 1900 cals is A Lot
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I don’t really understand how you got to 1900 calories. It doesn’t sound like what MyFitnessPal would suggest. Have you tried what it recommends yet?
  • crystalbluewolf13
    Options
    Oishii wrote: »
    I don’t really understand how you got to 1900 calories. It doesn’t sound like what MyFitnessPal would suggest. Have you tried what it recommends yet?

It recommends me that
  • crystalbluewolf13
    Options
    Chi_RD wrote: »
    Good morning! First of all, CrystalBlueWolf13, you're doing a great job as you continue to fight for your health. As a registered dietitian who also struggles with fat and weight loss, I can relate to your frustration.

The only advice I would give is to try to keep your carbohydrate intake to ~100-150 g per day while increasing your protein and fat intake to make up for the percentage of carbs reduced. Try that for about 2 weeks while continuing all the great habits you've started. Hopefully that will jump start your weight loss again.

Also, aim to eat non starchy vegetables during 3 meals; using the MyPlate method, try to have the vegetables make up half of your plate.

Good luck! You can do it.

Thank you that's been really helpful
  • Chi_theDietitian
    Chi_theDietitian Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad to hear that your weight loss began again. :)
  • Chi_theDietitian
    Chi_theDietitian Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Chi_RD wrote: »
    Good morning! First of all, CrystalBlueWolf13, you're doing a great job as you continue to fight for your health. As a registered dietitian who also struggles with fat and weight loss, I can relate to your frustration.

The only advice I would give is to try to keep your carbohydrate intake to ~100-150 g per day while increasing your protein and fat intake to make up for the percentage of carbs reduced. Try that for about 2 weeks while continuing all the great habits you've started. Hopefully that will jump start your weight loss again.

Also, aim to eat non starchy vegetables during 3 meals; using the MyPlate method, try to have the vegetables make up half of your plate.

Good luck! You can do it.

Thank you that's been really helpful

OP there’s a reason that person got a bunch of disagrees. Eat carbs if you want; eat a diet high in carbs if you want. The key is to eat in a deficit...

You need to find the foods that make you feel full while still eating at that deficit. If you exercise a bunch, you need carbs to fuel your workouts.

High carb/low carb, keto, Atkins, south beach, weight watchers, etc all have the same thing in common:

You have to eat at a deficit to lose weight.

I did not promote keto, Atkins, etc. Instead as a way to reduce bloating, I recommended OP try adjusting her CHO intake as a kick starter for her weight loss again.

Anyway, we are all allowed to have our own opinions/thoughts. Just want to make it clear I was not promoting living a lifestyle of keto, etc.

Happy Tuesday everyone.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    rjtf1wco585h.jpg