Does anyone ever feel

Options
Like you're going nowhere and may as well give up?

I'm really lacking motivation.

Replies

• PBJunkie
    Options
    At the very beginning one feel quite impatient and tend to give up when you don't see results immediately, best is to keep going and once the compliments reel in you will have more than enough motivation and will be embracing your new lifestyle.
  • whatwentwrong
    Options
    sometimes :( but i just think, well, i've already come this far- if i give up now i'm gonna have to start ALL over, and it's gonna be even harder than it has been, so i just have to keep going :)
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    All the time, you just have to hang in there. Having friends helps because they keep you motivated. Feel free to add. Whatever happens NEVER GIVE UP! You will be mad later!

Good luck!
  • sgha
    sgha Posts: 225
    Options
    I think that it seems that the weight came on overnight and it should come off overnight. I WISH!! Keep going, and you will be
    happy you did.
  • sharonuk10
    Options
    Nope because I am not on a diet .. a lifestyle change for me. So the only thing I would be giving up is eating more healthy and exercising. I do not deny myself foods I want. And I love going out for a walk/jog in the mornings.
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    after being on pause (or plateau) for nearly 3 months now, it easy to get discouraged...

it's so hard when i'm not seeing results, yet going to the gym 5 x a week. but i know it's the food, i need to get back in control of the calories. it's stupid that i'm probably only a few hundred calories out, but i'm just stuck, and can't control it... hoping motivation will come my way with the hot weather...
  • NicolaJane1313
    Options
    Quite Often LOL! I just keep thinking - let''s see what happens at the end of this week and when I am at the end of the week (whether I have lost weight on not) I then say - Well, lets see what happens next week LOL! With or without a loss on the scale I feel so much better and my clothes fit me better too! I even tried clothes on this morning that I havent worn in over 6 years.... 2 years ago I couldn't even fasten the buttons, but this morning I could!!! Keep it up, the journey is worth it at the end of the day.
  • seashell5
    Options
    it’s just so confusing when you do amazing and loose 2lb over a whole week with kcal counting and exercise every day and then go on the scales after one meal out in a restaurant for a special occasion and have put the 2lb back on????? even when you only had 1 main meal didn’t even eat it all and 1 glass of wine?? And even did a 2mile walk after it?
  • InaWarZone
    Options
    I know what you mean... my weight has stalled for the last 3 weeks.

Very deflating, but on the other hand if you are continuing to work out and eat right it HAS TO BE doing good things for you.

For me, I can do 4 times the reps in weight training than when I started 5 weeks ago, same with cardio. Even if there is no weight loss, I know this is a good thing.

Keep moving, stick together, keep your head down... we'll get through this!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    it’s just so confusing when you do amazing and loose 2lb over a whole week with kcal counting and exercise every day and then go on the scales after one meal out in a restaurant for a special occasion and have put the 2lb back on????? even when you only had 1 main meal didn’t even eat it all and 1 glass of wine?? And even did a 2mile walk after it?

NEVER weigh yourself the morning after a big meal, especially when its from a restaurant and likely to have extra sodium in!
  • AimieStar
    Options
    Nope because I am not on a diet .. a lifestyle change for me. So the only thing I would be giving up is eating more healthy and exercising. I do not deny myself foods I want. And I love going out for a walk/jog in the mornings.

Your response both intrigues and irritates me. What makes you assume I am on a diet?
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i personally am going to stop counting calories and excersising. my clothes are starting to be baggy and not fit as well. i'm going to have to buy new jeans soon!!! i just don't have the kind of money or time to buy new a new better fitting, better looking wardrobe!!
  • engineman312
    Options

Your response both intrigues and irritates me. What makes you assume I am on a diet?

because you are on a fitness/nutrition forum??? making the usual post about how you are working so hard but getting nowhere????
  • AimieStar
    Options

because you are on a fitness/nutrition forum??? making the usual post about how you are working so hard but getting nowhere????

So is this person stating that theirs is not a diet, but a lifestyle change...
  • AimieStar
    Options
    I used to watch the weight drop off, now I'm fighting it to no avail.
    I can't eat without feeling guilty and have been punishing myself more and more after eating and this has meant that my depression has taken a turn for the worst. I'm failing at everything.
  • whatwentwrong
    Options
    I used to watch the weight drop off, now I'm fighting it to no avail.
    I can't eat without feeling guilty and have been punishing myself more and more after eating and this has meant that my depression has taken a turn for the worst. I'm failing at everything.

i'm so sorry :( is it possible you've hit a plateau? maybe you could try mixing it up a little bit, there are a lot of reasons people plateau- unfortunately, i'm not an expert on it. but your weight loss will continue eventually! try not to beat yourself up over something like that <3
  • engineman312
    Options
    you're failing in something else too. failing to get my sympathy. you are responsible for your own feelings, and whether they can be controlled or boosted with a proper diet and excersise, or with some medication, the choice is yours.

and yes, many here believe in a lifestyle change, not dieting. a lifestyle change means that we change something in our eating and excersise habits such as portion control, working out harder or more often. maybe its counting calories or wearing a heart rate monitor while excersising, but it is not some fad diet that we stick to for two months. change is hard. but the change must begin inside before the rest of the world can see it.

and i have seen depression first hand. depressed people do not go on the internet and ask for sympathy from strangers. they barely speak to anyone in real life. so stop pitying yourself and do something about it.
  • InaWarZone
    Options
    Nevermind
  • seashell5
    Options
    ya right im just being stupid just going to gym it today big style ;-)
  • whatwentwrong
    Options
    ...wow. there are a lot of different kinds of depressed people, you know? i try and stay away from asking for pity, but i give in sometimes, cos guess what? it makes me feel better, and sometimes when you're down you need a boost. and she wasn't even ASKING for sympathy, like warzone said, she was asking for help finding motivation to eat well, which can be really hard to find when you're in a bad place.