Who all hunts and fished

Options

Replies

• _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    All my friends are huge on fishing and hunting. I'm the only one who hasn't attempted yet. I have decided to learn how to fish when I got to Florida in February. This past February they catched about 80 fish in one single day. It was amazing!! So I want to join in the fun next year. Deer hunting, I dont ever see myself doing.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    I'm surprised this hasn't gotten derailed yet... the internet must be asleep.

I'm not sure what you mean by derailed. I kind of have an idea but I think the owner of this outfit is an outdoorsman and cowboy. A classy guy. Just my guess but a respectful hunting thread is probably allowed. I have my photos but I hear you. I'll wait and see.

I have a Ruger No. 1 .375 H & H Magnum. I have my own reloading room, too.
    5lsoza9zqfil.png

• austinwb8
    austinwb8 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    @Diatonic12 Awesome! Jackson Hole is on my bucket list!
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,558 Member
    Options
    All my friends are huge on fishing and hunting. I'm the only one who hasn't attempted yet. I have decided to learn how to fish when I got to Florida in February. This past February they catched about 80 fish in one single day. It was amazing!! So I want to join in the fun next year. Deer hunting, I dont ever see myself doing.

Back in September, our last fishing trip was for Sauger. The fishing was like that. For the first three hours it was a matter of drop your line, let it hit the bottom, bounce it once and bring up a fish.

It was INSANE. And so much fun.
  • jbucks007
    jbucks007 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    y7ubs1clfxbk.jpg
    Last day of bow season before the rifle season break.
  • tmantwo
    tmantwo Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    My son and I enjoy fishing, particularly for catfish. :)

We don't currently live in an area we can call "our own", so we don't have access to spaces for cleaning and preparing hunted meat, nor a local butcher (in our immediate area) we can utilize to help us package and store anything we'd hunt, so we wait.

Someday, we'd like to be able to, although I doubt I'd be doing the hunting unless it's related to quail/pheasant.

There's a whole subset of life I'd like to get involved in; but can't due to my spouse's job (we move around a lot and have no permanent home of our own). My lofty ideal is to be a homesteader and pair it with minimalism/zero waste.

Might be a pipe dream, but that's where I'm working toward.

You’ll get there someday. I’m sure of it.
  • tmantwo
    Options

Naw, likeminded people enjoying the outdoors and taking personal responsibility to help ensure our wildlife thrive.

I could post a pic of the bucks head I have in the freezer that I’ve not Europe mounted yet. That will probably derail it. 😂
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    tmantwo wrote: »

Naw, likeminded people enjoying the outdoors and taking personal responsibility to help ensure our wildlife thrive.

I could post a pic of the bucks head I have in the freezer that I’ve not Europe mounted yet. That will probably derail it. 😂

That's part of why I'm surprised... not everyone is like-minded, and not all of them would just keep scrolling.
  • tmantwo
    Options
    ^ ah, fair enough. I gotcha now.

• Diatonic12
    edited November 2020
    Options
    febk8syh7k5x.jpg

I'll be putting some Christmas decorations on him shortly.
  • tmantwo
    Options
    I’m jealous, @Diatonic12.
  • Diatonic12
    Options
    tmantwo wrote: »
    I’m jealous, @Diatonic12.

B) Jelly.stone Toe pick.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    @ nevadafoodies is a great Instagram account to follow for wild game recipes.
  • tmantwo
    Options
    ^ thanks!
  • Diatonic12
    Options
    mngmbtme3q4d.jpg
    Fishing on the Kenai River
  • Diatonic12
    Options