what hair products do u use for naturally curly hairs!

Options
hssheikh
hssheikh Posts: 55 Member
im sure a lot of you around here do have natually curly hairs...I was just wondering to ask you guys about what products do u use to keep ur curls locked, shiny, and yet non frizzy??i mostly use Garnier products..but i have one question..i like my curls a lot but i somehow am not able to style them as beautifully as ive seen other people do..my hairs gey frizzy after a while n i have to spray water to make them look non-frizzy and to give them a wet look even after ive applied wet look gel on them along with anti-friz serum...any suggestions on products to use to give them wet,shiny,bouncy look without having to spray water on them time n again...??? also, what product to use to give them a wet look that doesn't go frizzy after a while! :S

Replies

• amaczu
    amaczu Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Mixed Chicks Leave-In is great, I use their conditioners as well.

DevaCurl AnGel is also great!
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Deva! But even Deva can't get rid of ALL frizz! I've made friends with mine & don't regret it.
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I use frizz-ease products. They make a great curl defining shampoo and conditioner, and a spray onto damp hair stuff to hold your curls.
  • beckyw21911
    Options
    I use Crazy Curl. I got it from the salon I go to.
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I hate my curly/wavy hair that's why it's straight in the pic...lol but when I don't feel doing it I found Got2be Kinkier mouse and spray gel works for mine!
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK and use Boots curl cream (its really cheap) and Lush's R&B
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I have extremely thick and curly hair and have noticed that the one product that eliminates frizz without the wet look is Avon's Lotus Shield
  • whouwannab
    whouwannab Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I use mixed chicks shampoo and an argon oil conditioner. I do not rinse my conditioner out all the way and I think that helps smooth and weigh it down so it is not so bushy. I also use a combination of a light weight hair gel and a styling cream. I mix both in my hand and then work it through. I blow dry my hair with a diffusser and I think that really cuts down on frizz too. Instead of spritzing water on your hair I would recommend rubbing a small amount of the anti-frizz cream over your dry hair to tame it down.
  • jazzkat68
    jazzkat68 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Mixed Chicks Leave-In is great, I use their conditioners as well.

DevaCurl AnGel is also great!

Mixed Chicks ~ agreed!!! I saw it on an infomercial and I tried it. It is amazing!!!! I have very thick, curly hair and it is great! For YEARS, I kept my hair in a pony tail because I loathed my curls. I NEVER could find a product that did what it promised. Decided to order Mixed Chicks and AWESOME!! I LOVE the double takes that I get from people who are so used to seeing my pony tail! :) I get mamy compliments now concerning my curls!
  • ngolston
    ngolston Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I use the MixedChics Leav-in and I also like Miss Jessie's Quick Curls. The leave-in works well when you put it in while your hair is sopping wet, and don't touch it too much while it's drying. It feels a little crinkly unitl it's fully dry, then softens up. It's also great to mix with water in a spray bottle and use for 2nd day touch-ups :) The quick curls is pricey but there is a sale for the website around Christmas, buy one get one :)
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    i use carol's daughters. They have tons of porducts for all types of hair. They are online and have some stores. It's pricey but i love having nice looking hair.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I use samys big curls and anti frizz. I'll be honest, after 30 years I an still trying to make amends with my curly hair :(
  • Lucy1421
    Options
    Check out this site! www.naturallycurly.com You will LOVE it! I like different products but I think Kinky Curly Knot Today leave-in and Curling Custard are probably my favorites. I also rotate with AG Re:coil and Boot's (the pink kind you have to order from the UK but CHEAP even with shipping) For me the secret is after you put the product in LEAVE YOUR HAIR ALONE UNTIL IT DRIES. The more you mess with it the more frizz you get. When mines i almost dry I smooth coconut oil on it gently so I don't pull out the curl or make it frizz more. That REALLY helps a lot. Get the organic unrefined kind at Whole Foods or somewhere and start with just a pinch melted in your hands. It smells heavenly too!!! HTH!
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I've tried gels, creams, serums, and everything else. ha The only thing that works in my hair is mousse. I use Nexxus and have used Biolage too. Both keep it from going frizzy, especially when it's humid. I dry my hair 1/2 way and then put on the mousse. The creams work right away, but then later on in the day or on humid days it doesn't hold up. The oil based products make it look greasy and wirey.
  • Bellini500
    Bellini500 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I chopped off all my curls earlier this year, but I always used Frizz-ease serum and weatherproof hairspray, and Aussie Dual Personality Anti-Frizz Conditioning Milk was always very good too.
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I have frizzy curly hair, I use Umberto Giannini from boots curl products and then Aussie curl serum.
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Check out this site! www.naturallycurly.com You will LOVE it! I like different products but I think Kinky Curly Knot Today leave-in and Curling Custard are probably my favorites. I also rotate with AG Re:coil and Boot's (the pink kind you have to order from the UK but CHEAP even with shipping) For me the secret is after you put the product in LEAVE YOUR HAIR ALONE UNTIL IT DRIES. The more you mess with it the more frizz you get. When mines i almost dry I smooth coconut oil on it gently so I don't pull out the curl or make it frizz more. That REALLY helps a lot. Get the organic unrefined kind at Whole Foods or somewhere and start with just a pinch melted in your hands. It smells heavenly too!!! HTH!

Very true on the Leaving your hair alone until it dries. :)

When I have little money I use Nexum Leave-in. When I have more $$$ to splurge with I use Matrix Gel or Sebastian "Wet".

Don't know how true this is, but my stylist told me years ago that leaving conditioner in your hair, even a small amounts, "rots" it (for lack of a better word). The reason for Leave-in treatments.

Good Luck :flowerforyou:
  • pandabear_
    Options
    Also another tip I read online about 6 months ago and never even knew about before... Don't use shampoo, only conditioner. Curly hair is naturally dry and needs all the moisture it can get. And shampoo dries your hair out even more, so unless you feel like you really have to, just use conditioner.
  • Qattusa
    Qattusa Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Also another tip I read online about 6 months ago and never even knew about before... Don't use shampoo, only conditioner. Curly hair is naturally dry and needs all the moisture it can get. And shampoo dries your hair out even more, so unless you feel like you really have to, just use conditioner.

To achieve the look I have in my pic, I wash once with shampoo to remove oily build up and then rinse once with a conditioner and then put in a thicker conditioner and leave it in without rinsing. I then comb the hair out and seperate the curls, then leave it to dry naturally. I then spritz the hair with a water based conditioner in the evenings or the next day to maintain the look.

Check out this website : http://www.tightlycurly.com/welcome

And her book - Curly like Me.

These days I have opted for the Brazilian Keratin Hair Treatment aka Brazilian Blowdry. Never before in my life has my hair been so silky soft with no frizz whatsoever. I am totally in love with this treatment and love how healthy my hair feels. Can't recommend it enough.
  • pandabear_
    Options

To achieve the look I have in my pic, I wash once with shampoo to remove oily build up and then rinse once with a conditioner and then put in a thicker conditioner and leave it in without rinsing. I then comb the hair out and seperate the curls, then leave it to dry naturally. I then spritz the hair with a water based conditioner in the evenings or the next day to maintain the look.

Check out this website : http://www.tightlycurly.com/welcome

And her book - Curly like Me.

These days I have opted for the Brazilian Keratin Hair Treatment aka Brazilian Blowdry. Never before in my life has my hair been so silky soft with no frizz whatsoever. I am totally in love with this treatment and love how healthy my hair feels. Can't recommend it enough.

My sister had the brazillian blowdry, she has straight hair so it just made her hair straighter. I would love to try it. Does it relax your curls though?