Genuine question about normal bodies

Options

I don’t understand because when I wake up and I’m standing in front of the mirror I feel so lean and strong and I can see my abs. But when I sit down I see ab rolls, a belly pooch and my thighs look huge. If I wave, then my arms flap and it looks so unsightly even though I strength train. My stomach is bigger towards the end of the day but that’s probably due to food volume right? Now I’m all about body positivity, but does this happen to lean people as well? I mean is this normal? I guess it doesn’t help that social media is saturated with lean ripped musclar bodies all the time. I know I have 10-15 lbs to lose but I still look fairly lean because I have quite abit of muscle too. I’m just having one of those off days I guess.
Basically straight of the bat- are lower belly pooches, belly rolls, flabby thighs and underarm flap all just normal even for lean people but no one really speaks about them?

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Its completely normal to have rolls when we sit down.
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Achieving body love is a journey for so many of us. I was so glad to read about your good feelings toward yourself at the start of your post. There will always be something to raise an eyebrow about and wonder, "is this ok?" But, yes, the answer is: yes, it is ok. No matter what your body is like, yes, it is ok to accept it. Accepting does not mean that it might be your ideal, but it means that you are able to love it as you move toward any changes that you desire -- change is always happening. Honoring your body and all of its changes, at all stages, is something to aim for, in my opinion!
  • SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    It's totally normal.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,428 Member
    Options
    @Noreenmarie1234
    That video you posted is terrific!
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options